Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer

Author
green13
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2008/10/25 11:10:55 (permalink)

Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer

I've had this happen b4 on S6 PE, and it happened on 7, If I insert a bus between other busses, Sonar dies and I'm looking at the desktop, no warning, no recover. I found a work around by inserting the bus to the right of any other busses and everythings ok. I'm now in the habit of saving b4 inserting busses, as the last time it happened I had just spent a lot of time mixing drum tracks and was going to create a stem for the guitars. I had to start over and was bummed.

Tom Maxwell
i7 920 6gigs RAM
Win7 64
Fw-1884
Tranzport
Way too many hard drives

8 Replies Related Threads

Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 13:18:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: green13

I've had this happen b4 on S6 PE, and it happened on 7, If I insert a bus between other busses, Sonar dies and I'm looking at the desktop, no warning, no recover. I found a work around by inserting the bus to the right of any other busses and everythings ok. I'm now in the habit of saving b4 inserting busses, as the last time it happened I had just spent a lot of time mixing drum tracks and was going to create a stem for the guitars. I had to start over and was bummed.

Tom, fill out a problem report here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/ProblemReporter/

I've never tried to bring in a bus in between a bus before. I usually just insert them anywhere and then drag them where I need them. But I'm going to try this now and see if it happens on my end. If this is happening consistently to you though, fill out the report man....it's the only way the tech guys will investigate into it. They've been really great with all the problems I've had with S8...the best ever to be honest. I'll try this now and post back with info if it crashes on my end.

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 13:25:52 (permalink)
    No crashes on this end at all while inserting busses in between busses in both console view and edit view in Sonar PE 6 through 8. Not sure what your problem could be there. All is working fine on my end. I experimented with a new project and a current project and inserted 6 additional busses in between other existing busses while in console view. I then restarted the project and did the same thing while in edit view. All is well on my end. Not a single crash or sudden shut down.

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 14:08:07 (permalink)
    No problems inserting a Bus in between busses. Matter of fact, I did it while playback was going also just to make sure.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 14:17:47 (permalink)
    I don't see how inserting a bus should cause a crash. But the one thing that might cause it is the default out of a new bus. If its pointing to a nonresistant out or one that is flaky I could see it causing a problem.

Best
    John
    tcaylor
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 701
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 15:51:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John

I don't see how inserting a bus should cause a crash. But the one thing that might cause it is the default out of a new bus. If its pointing to a nonresistant out or one that is flaky I could see it causing a problem.

Those nonresistant ones are really difficult.

Just having a little fun. I'm sure you meant nonexistent.

Tom

My Soundclick Page

Sonar Platinum, AMD FX-4100 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, Win 7, RME Fireface USB, UA LA-610, Dynaudio BM 5A monitors, G&L Asat Classic, Peavy Wolfgang, 1990 Strat Ultra, Alvarez PD-80SC Acoustic
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 17:49:57 (permalink)
    This happened to me a long long time ago.

I have a nigh on perfect memory but I can't recall how it's avoided but it definitely can be.

It wasn't where you insert the bus though as such. I think it was linked to when I had sends in the master, which I avoid like the plague. Although I can't swear to that, I've never had it since.
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 17:58:30 (permalink)
    No probs here inserting bus's either. i think this is somerthing releated to your pc only. I never had these isssues in any of my versions of sonar
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Inserting Bus kills Sonar Producer 2008/10/25 18:01:04 (permalink)
    Those nonresistant ones are really difficult.

Just having a little fun. I'm sure you meant nonexistent.

Thanks you have it right and sorry I was not checking as well as I should.

Best
    John
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1