Installing ARP presets which have their own MIDI pattern

Author
Subsurf
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2014/05/11 11:10:19 (permalink)

Installing ARP presets which have their own MIDI pattern

Hello everybody,

I bought the Sounds to Sample Bigroom Elektro 2 Presets Pack for Z3ta+ 2 (I don't own version 1) and copied the presets folder to my Cakewalk Content/Z3ta+ 2/Programs folder. So far so good... but when playing around with the presets I noticed the arpeggiator didnt work on some of them, instead only a single note was triggered. I figured that was because the arp had its own midi pattern loaded, so I copied the included midi files "Arp 001.mid" to "Arp 017.mid" from the "Bonus Midi Files" folder of the presets zip archive to the Cakewalk Content/Z3ta+ 2/MIDI Arpeggios folder.
The majority of the ARP presets seems to be working now, but there are still a few which seem to be loading a missing MIDI file and therefore only trigger as a single note.

On the arp page, Z3ta+2 only displays "MIDI File (loaded)" for the PATTERN setting. Is there a way to find out which file it is exactly trying to load?
Can I place the arp midi files inside a sub folder of "MIDI Arpeggios" or will that break the arp again?

Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Installing ARP presets which have their own MIDI pattern 2014/05/12 10:59:31 (permalink)
Hi Subsurf, I'm not quite sure how to answer your question, but did find this link which might be somewhat useful. http://forum.cakewalk.com/Importing-ARP-patterns-m2716317.aspx 

If you can find Alesion Arp Presets somewhere to download online, get it......it has a lot of very useful Arp presets.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Installing ARP presets which have their own MIDI pattern 2014/05/12 11:23:39 (permalink)
To display the MIDI Pattern loaded click the arrow between PATTERN and "MIDI File (loaded)". The name of the file is just above "Load MIDI file..." option.

All of my "MIDI Arpeggios" are in the top level. I did test creating a folder and moving some MIDI files into it. They worked fine in Z3TA+2. Keep in mind, moving existing MIDI files will break any programs that currently reference them although the programs can be repaired by reloading the patterns from the new locations and saving the programs.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1