Installing Pentagon I (Can't See it in Insert Instrument List)

Author
maxthecat
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
2007/02/12 11:23:11 (permalink)

Installing Pentagon I (Can't See it in Insert Instrument List)

I've started working through the new Cakewalk Synth book Presets to Power User. The 2nd chapter uses Pentagon I for the example work. As both the 1st and 2nd chapters are important to work through, as these give a great basics overview of how synths function, I got a copy of Triangle II and Pentagon I (demo version). Triangle II installed no problem, but I installed Pentagon I and when I went to set up a track in Sonar 5 SE to work through the chapter 2 examples I couldn't find it in the insert instrument list, same with Project 5 v2. When I installed it I installed it to my programs folder. Was it supposed to be installed somewhere else? When I installed Triangle II I just installed it to the programs folder and had no problems seeing it in the insert instument list either in Sonar 5 or Project 5. Does anyone know why Pentagon I is not showing up in that list?

3 Replies Related Threads

dougsyo
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: Installing Pentagon I (Can't See it in Insert Instrument List) 2007/02/13 00:04:23 (permalink)
    Here's a possibility:

If I remember right, Triangle MAY have installed both DXI and VSTI versions, where with Pentagon, you download either-or. If you downloaded the Pentagon VSTI demo, did you install it where the VST adapter could find it (the directory is included in the list of directories the adapter scans)? Sonar will find a DXI anywhere on your machine, but it has to know where to scan for VSTIs.

For example, I install my plugins under C:\program files\vstplugins or subdirectories of it. If I installed a VSTI into C:\program files\rgcaudio\pentagon 1 then programs that only scan C:\program files\vstplugins (in my case Sonar, FLStudio and EXT) would not see it. I can tell Sonar to scan C:\program files\rgcaudio or C:\program files\rgcaudio\pentagon 1 as well, if I wished, but other hosts may limit you to only one plugin path.

Doug
    post edited by dougsyo - 2007/02/13 00:26:23

Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad.
    For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm
    Amek
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Installing Pentagon I (Can't See it in Insert Instrument List) 2007/02/13 07:48:43 (permalink)
    yeah the mans spot on sonar is only scanning your set vst folder make sure your .dll files are in there for pentagon and triangle if they are and still not showing up name a folder in your vst plug inns folder and called pentagon and put the .dll in there sometimes they need a folder to act like a shell so sequencers can see it if its already in a folder then try taking it out so its just the .dll in the vst plugs folder incase its the folder blocking your sequencer from seeing it.
    maxthecat
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 647
    RE: Installing Pentagon I (Can't See it in Insert Instrument List) 2007/02/13 11:31:38 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. I did download the VSTi version. I'll reload the program to the vst plugin folder and that should take care of it. Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1