Helpful ReplyInstalling Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc...

Author
JohnEgan
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
2015/11/02 10:29:59 (permalink)

Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc...

Good Day to all,

I'm hoping to receive my new PC shortly and just wondering if their are any references to, tips, advice, precautions available anyone could provide me to go through the entire process and proper sequence of reinstalling (and relicensing) everything, from my audio interface to Sonar Platinum, VST effects and instruments, to project files etc... to make this an overall good experience? (albeit maybe a little painful time wise)  
Since I started with Music Creator way back when, migrating through various levels of  Sonar X1, X2, X3 Producer, now at Sonar Platinum, Id like to maintain if possible any "bits and pieces" that may have been included in these various versions along the way and that may not necessarily be part of what's included in my connected products in command center under my current Platinum license, for example, does installing current Platinum version (Jamaican Plain) include all previous Platinum versions "bits and pieces" included in each of those upgrades? Also for previous version upgrades starting with Music Creator to X3, do I actually have to reinstall these in sequence, to maintain any specific FX, plugins, loop files or other things that may have been included with these and/or accumulated over the years of upgrading, i.e., along with my project file folders, what other file folders should I copy over from my old PC?  
Basically
I'm upgrading to an Intel i7 5820 CPU (6 core) X99 compatible system, 
I plan to maintain Win7 Pro for now, (pending any contrary advice, re: Win10?)
My audio interface is an RME UFX, (Ill have to succumb to USB, from Firewire I currently use).

Id appreciate and be much obliged for any advice Cakewalk people and/or users could provide me to help guide me through this process as seamlessly as possible.

Thanks
JohnE

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc... 2015/11/02 11:59:07 (permalink)
Since it is all going to a new PC, and you have to do installs of everything, I would suggest you install the new Cakewalk Command Center, launch it, and run all of the Cakewalk installs it covers from there - after changing paths and such to meet your needs (perhaps you have a small primary disk drive that is a SSD, for instance).

I just type up some notes and thoughts on doing the above, and those are at:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3309922

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
JohnEgan
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
Re: Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc... 2015/11/02 12:51:22 (permalink)
Thanks Bob, Ill take note of your comments and try to update on forum if I learn anything significant when I start/finish process, or through cries for help, perhaps through a verse and chorus of dohhhh's, otherwise I guess life's been pretty good to me so far.

Cheers
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc... 2016/05/02 14:36:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg71 2016/05/02 18:35:13
I know this is an older thread but I thought it might help others if I outlined steps.
for example in my case- I had sonar platinum all set up on my old PC.
I just got done with a new build ( Intel I 7 4790K 4.0GHZ)
what I wanted to do was shorten the process of having to re download all these items again.
so this is what I did....

1- copy the latest versions from your Command Center folder to an Ext Hard Drive.
(located in Program Data/Cakewalk/Command Center/Downloads)

2- once your new build is complete install the latest version of Cakewalk Command center.

3- Copy the contents/installers that you saved to the Ext hard drive in to the same folder on your new build.
(located in Program Data/Cakewalk/Command Center/Downloads)

3-Run Cakewalk Command Center and let it do its thing.
the Command Center will recognize the installers and install them as long as they are the latest versions.

Hope this helped.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Alan-Russell
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc... 2018/04/22 14:39:47 (permalink)
I paid for sonar platinum lifetime and I am on able to change my password using the command center which appears to not work I do not want to go to band lab to do this. I feel it is my right that I have access to changing my password without the bandlab application
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Installing Sonar Platinum on a new PC. from existing license, tips, advice etc... 2018/04/22 17:26:31 (permalink)
Go to https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account

Change your password there

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1