Interested in feedback on alternative-pop song

Author
sbenson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2005/05/26 20:57:45 (permalink)

Interested in feedback on alternative-pop song

Hi,
This is my first song post on this forum. I would be interested in getting any and all feedback on the song "Can you hear me?". Thanks much!

Sean

www.soundclick.com/bands/5/seanbenson.htm

3 Replies Related Threads

billboutin
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 483
    RE: Interested in feedback on alternative-pop song 2005/05/27 10:38:44 (permalink)
    Hi, I thought it was a real nice work, I liked the concept and had some quite pleasant and surprising changes in it musically. As usual with me, I wished I could make out the words a little better, in some spots the vocal seemed a bit overwhelmed by the intstruments. Overall, really nice job, would like to hear more
    Steven Bell
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1288
    RE: Interested in feedback on alternative-pop song 2005/05/27 14:12:35 (permalink)
    Intro: Everything is thin and then there's the ultra deep kick. Kinda distracting, but not so bad once the rest of the instruments come in. Can you thicken the guitar there?

Upon second listening I wonder if this genre even calls for that kind of kick drum sound.
    I'd think you'd want a warmer dreamy-er over-all sound.

If you've cut the lows out of the guitars and synths, I'd bring them back in a bit.

Interesting song. Nice work.

Steven Bell
    Owner, Chief Engineer
    Top of the Hill Music
    http://www.topofthehillmusic.com/
    sbenson
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Interested in feedback on alternative-pop song 2005/05/27 19:33:42 (permalink)
    Hi Bill,
    Thanks for the feedback. This is the 5th tune I've written and the previous ones always seemed to lack in modulation and other changes, so I tried to make this song a bit more interesting. I doubled the vocals on the bridge and that might be the spot where the vocals get a little garbled. I'll take a look and see if I can clean that up.

Hi Steven,
    Thanks for the info. I've been using loops for my songs up to this point (Drums on Demand). They've been great for getting up and running really quickly, but I do feel a little boxed in by them. I've been hearing good things about the Blue Jay drum soundfonts, so I might give them a go on my next tune.

The lows on the acoustic guitars were in fact cut a bit, I'll take a look at tweaking that.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to listen, this is really helpful!

Sean
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1