Interesting Pentagon I Incident - Cakewalk?

Author
findjammer
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
2010/08/13 14:51:05 (permalink)

Interesting Pentagon I Incident - Cakewalk?

Hey All,

I just had a pretty odd thing happen.  I'm running a project with two instances of Pentagon I, I'm browsing through sounds on one instance and it totally craps out.  No more audio from either instance, I saved everything and shut down SONAR.  I then restarted SONAR and one of the instances just started pumping out what can only be described as "the ultimate guitar feedback sound"(tm) immediately after the restart completed, I didn't even press play ... it basically went mental!!

I removed the offending instance, saved the project and shut down again.  This next restart the other instances was immediately playing a completely different sound entirely, so I hit the panic button and it dutifully stopped and all was back to normal again ... with the original sound as well.

That's probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen SONAR do ... any version ... ever.  I've NEVER had a plug-in immediately start creating sound before pressing play.  I've also got a similar problem to other Win7 64 Bit users in that SONAR has to run as an administrator in order to get Pentagon I to even load.

Cheers,

Jammer
--
Win10 (i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz, ASUS P6T Deluxe v2, 240Gb OCZ Vertx SSD, 24Gb Corsair Vengence 1800 RAM, Lacie 5TB, EVGA GTX980ti, MOTU Traveler
--
MacBook Pro
--
Waldorf Pulse, Juno 60, K5000s, Alesis Andromeda, Oberhiem, SPL, Drawmer
SSL Duende Beta Tester
www.jamsoft.co.uk
DOWNLOAD SAMPLESORT

1 Reply Related Threads

Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re:Interesting Pentagon I Incident - Cakewalk? 2010/08/13 15:38:45 (permalink)
    This actually happened to me last evening, but I was running Rapture (1 instance). I also was following the drum tutorial video with SD3  having already set up a drum kit.....when all of a sudden, it started playing (on its own) the drum loop & the Rapture preset.....

I couldn't figure it out....so I just shut down everything & fired up Sonar again....back to "normal"...... 
    Like Elmer Fudd says: "something is wavy, wavy, scwewy awound here" 

Ps.
    I'm going to check out your Samplesort & will let you know how it works out...many thanks for the software!!
    post edited by Mesh - 2010/08/13 15:41:10

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1