Is "Cakewalk Instruments" an historical dead end

Author
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
2010/11/04 22:34:34 (permalink)

Is "Cakewalk Instruments" an historical dead end

I was initially encouraged to learn that RGC Audio, had been subsumed under Cakewalk. Great, says I, now this poor bastard working almost on his own and turning out some of the great synthesizers of the decade will have the support and resources of a big (in audio software terms) company to multiply his efforts. I have been looking forward to the fruits of that fertilization. Did I miss something or are there no new Cakewalk instruments?

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Is "Cakewalk Instruments" an historical dead end 2010/11/05 00:15:35 (permalink)
    Hopefully.  Beatscape was supposed to be the next supersynth, but didn't work as well as hoped (I hope).  I can't imagine René is doing nada.  They did post a questionaire this year about what we wished to see in a synth.  Rapture was a "better" dimpro, but I hope he's working on a non-sample based synth, or that uses more than samples.  My hope is that he's trying to get the Roland VS in the box - that would be worth the wait.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    1 2 Many
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re:Is "Cakewalk Instruments" an historical dead end 2010/11/17 20:29:13 (permalink)
    My hope is that he'll turn his attention back to Z3ta+ 
    That thing was kickass in its day - and it could be again with some love.
    (IMO It's still a great synth, sans the niggles/bugs) 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1