Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture?

Author
MUSE
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
2013/05/03 15:35:12 (permalink)

Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture?

Despite being sold as a super modern plugin it's been in the doldrums for years with no support or development. In particular it's not supported for modern Macs which is a real pain. It sorely needs an update  - why is it so neglected?

10 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/04 02:08:27 (permalink)
    What sort of things would you like?

Th basic Rapture engine is fine, works exactly as it should and Cakewalk have in the past released additional soundpacks/patches for it.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    mcdonalk
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/18 11:50:48 (permalink)
    Although not the most powerful SW synthesizer, I believe that Rapture is both a classic and a work of genius, both for quality of sound, and a feature set that is wisely selected and makes Rapture very easy to use. I have mixed feelings about Cakewalk "improving" it. However, features that I could use are free-running LFO's and envelopes to control the X/Y pad.
    thunderkyss
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1207
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/18 12:20:28 (permalink)
    I think all he wants is support for newer Macs

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/18 17:02:19 (permalink)
    Yea, an update wouldn't hurt tho I don't use a mac.  Cake did a good job with Z3TA 2, but I wouldn't want them to go whole hog unless they added something like a granular engine.  But definately expansion packs. As w/ any rompler, new programs and sounds are like an update.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/19 08:54:29 (permalink)

An assignable Step Sequencer (or two).  Series / parallel blending. Tabbed alongside the Global StepSeq.

With Smoothing, it's an LFO(s).  With One Shot (maybe a sustain point), it's an EG(s). With Step, it's event triggers.  If screen real estate becomes a real problem, simply add it as a source in the Modulation Matrix.  Then reconfigure the Global StepSeq for dual purpose.
    keith
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3882
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/20 07:31:51 (permalink)
    Lack of Mac support beyond 10.6.8 is a real shame, cuz Rapture and Dim Pro are both excellent low-cost solutions, IMO, especially Rapture, which I always had a thing for... I don't care how good the latest compressor FX are reported to be, etc., I refuse to get sucked into cake's lack of commitment to mac, as demonstrated by Rapture and DimPro end-of-life (for no good reason, as far as I'm concerned), and will not be buying any cake synths and FX. I did snag zeta 2 for a cheap upgrade price, but I won't be using it, unfortunately. I'm x-platform at this point, just cuz I love me some MacBook Pro, and I need my software vendors who purport to support both platforms to actually demonstrate commitment to such.  
    fr4ncesco
    • Total Posts : 197
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/20 15:14:22 (permalink)
    b rock

An assignable Step Sequencer (or two).  Series / parallel blending. Tabbed alongside the Global StepSeq.

With Smoothing, it's an LFO(s).  With One Shot (maybe a sustain point), it's an EG(s). With Step, it's event triggers.  If screen real estate becomes a real problem, simply add it as a source in the Modulation Matrix.  Then reconfigure the Global StepSeq for dual purpose.

- arpeggiator (global, per element would be terrific)
    - assignable eg/step sequencer (same request as b rock)
    - additional filter types 
    - mix setting for Filter1 and Filter2 in each element when run in parallel
    - additional algorithms for the dsp section 
    - link the filter/dsp settings fore more elements, or insert a master filter/dsp section
    - probability-based step sequencer (each step value is a percentage for the step to be triggered)

Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/20 18:48:46 (permalink)
    did ya put in a feature request, my old friend ? :-)

fr4ncesco
    • Total Posts : 197
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/21 03:28:06 (permalink)
    hi paul thanks for the suggestion just sent
    myconsumerclub
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 410
    Re:Is Cakewalk ever going to update Rapture? 2013/05/22 10:17:08 (permalink)
    would be nice to add other synths or add filters that are higher quality. 

I am about to explore the possibility of using these resources like wavetables, samples and sfz'z in other synths like synthmaster which really has some nice features and is continually being updated and it is cheap. 

I just figured out how to add the sonatina symphony orchestra samples into dim pro so now I am getting more ambitious.

Not sure if the cake boys have kept an eye on what Bulent is doing but he seems to have created about the most useful synth out there. Nori one of the sound designers has actually created presets that sound exactly like those used by bands such as YES, Pink Floyd, ELP, King Crimson, Genesis and many others. To me that is totally freaking awesome especially since I love classic progressive rock and it is my favorite old music to listen to. 

I do want to get the architecture and piscis add ons from Galbanum and that preset package fr4ncesco put out a while back sounds good as well but I am always curious about the usage of one synths resources in another synth and then making use of various layers using multiple synths at the same time. Its almost like modular synthesis with modules from different companies being compatible with each other.

We could theoretically even use Z3ta and its filters as FX of course synthmaster can also be used as an effect in a similar manner. Lots of possibilities to explore when you look at it this way, If CAKE were to buy another company that would be one to go after. 

post edited by myconsumerclub - 2013/05/22 10:19:05

Samsung I7 8 mb ram windows 8 64 bit on everything x2 & X1 producer line 6 podfarm gold interface event monitors Ibanez rg 350 guitar and GA6CE classical edirol pcr 500 keystation 88 plugins out the wazoo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1