Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up?

Author
Giannis
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 489
2007/11/22 12:19:00 (permalink)

Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up?

I'm using Sound Forge Audio Studio (not the big package bundled with CDArchitect). When I select an audio file and go to the tools menu to chose Sound Forge the audio editor opens up - but without opening the audio file. Is this the way it should be or should the audio file load automatically?

Sonica Audio Labs Quad Core,8 Gb RAM, Win 7 Pro 64,Sonar X1d, Sound Forge 9

5 Replies Related Threads

LostChord
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 203
    RE: Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up? 2007/11/22 19:00:36 (permalink)
    The file autoloads for me - full version of SoundForge. Edit, Save, then Exit and Sonar grabs the new version.

We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up? 2007/11/22 20:27:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Giannis

I'm using Sound Forge Audio Studio (not the big package bundled with CDArchitect). When I select an audio file and go to the tools menu to chose Sound Forge the audio editor opens up - but without opening the audio file. Is this the way it should be or should the audio file load automatically?

It does in Sound Forge. The selected "clip" opens and if you have a selection within the clip that is zoomed in and ready to edit. Don't know how it knows but it works. I think it will also load more then one if selected but I like to work on one at a time. This can be a drag if a track contains more then one clip so you may want to bounce to clips first.
    Giannis
    RE: Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up? 2007/11/23 03:17:27 (permalink)
    It just doesn't seem to work here. Sound Forge opens up but no audio file is loaded.

How do you select a part of the audio file? "Select all" doesn't do anything and the only way I can select something is by moving the cursior to the far left and then select the data from there, going right.

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up? 2007/11/23 04:43:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Giannis

It just doesn't seem to work here. Sound Forge opens up but no audio file is loaded.

How do you select a part of the audio file? "Select all" doesn't do anything and the only way I can select something is by moving the cursior to the far left and then select the data from there, going right.

In Sonar the object we are talking about is called a clip, not an "audio file" just so we know we are talking about the same thing here. But the way it's done is you go to Track View and in a audio track there should be one or more clips with the wavform displayed inside them. You just click on one with the mouse and that selects it. Don't click anywhere else before pulling down the tools menu and selecting Sound Forge.
    Giannis
    RE: Is Soundforge supposed to load selected audio file upon start up? 2007/11/23 05:38:28 (permalink)
    I think I found the the problem. Sound Forge Audio Studio doesn't support certain bitrates and sample frequences - it's one of the limitations with the lite version.

What I've recorded in Sonar can't even be opened manually. I guess it's time for an upgrade to the full Sound Forge version... :) I'll look for a freebee until I get the upgrade.

Thank's for your help - I appreciate it.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1