Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ?

Author
Grent
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 152
2011/03/01 17:44:10 (permalink)

Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ?

In the ACT menu, I don't seem to find such an option.
Maybe I can get there by tweaking an *.ini ?

I'd like to send CCs to plugin, which it self does not have a 'knob' for them - so I can't use the 'learn' option.

Maybe this is a feature for an update?
(similar to what Garrigus wrote in his eBook)

Thanks,
Grent

4 Replies Related Threads

Grent
    Re:Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ? 2011/03/02 05:45:23 (permalink)
    Ok, I found the sonaract.xml file. But there, control works over a "surface control id" ... no standard MIDI messages to be found.

And since my VS700C is connected as "VS700C" and not as "Generic MIDI Device", I can't use it for standard MIDI messages.

I guess, I'll have to buy something like Korg Nanokontrol for standard MIDI CC.

If ACT offered MIDI CC as an option [in case of a plugin not offering a automatable plugin for a particular parameter], I could use what I already have.
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ? 2011/03/02 09:12:32 (permalink)
    What exactly are you trying to send and with what control on the V700C?

Craig DuBuc
    Grent
    Re:Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ? 2011/03/03 05:29:08 (permalink)
    I am trying to use the ACT controls (e.g. the T-Bar) to send costum MIDI CC messages to a plugin, that uses CC, but does not have them 'automatable' (as required for ACT), which means: there is no button or slider for that particular CC control on the plugin GUI.

Like CC88 or CC109, what ever.

When you use the VS700c, you have it 'mapped' to Sonar, like it's supposed to be. However per ACT, as you know for sure, we can use costum controls for plugins. However, ACT only works with automatable parameters. Otherwise you can't program ACT, like generic MIDI Devices, to send, let's say: CC75.

This is no big deal, because it is not designed to send programmable standard MIDI CC Messages, like any generic MIDI device does. But I suppose, it could be implemented quite easily.

Or maybe I'm missing something here.
    post edited by Grent - 2011/03/03 05:30:41
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Is it possible to send basic MIDI CC from the console per ACT ? 2011/03/04 15:43:48 (permalink)
    I'd have to look up those particular CC's but as they are just an example I'm not sure what you want to control in what plugin. The V700C will control a lot of plugins when they are the top most window. The console may be locked to some extent as to what it will control, I haven't really tried to remap it. I've been able to use ACT to remap a PCR 800 to operate the controls in Sonar which worked with the Console. It's going to depend on the CC and function and which control you want to do what, and some commands just won't happen due to whatever missing link that be there. It ould certainly be a trial and error process.

Craig DuBuc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1