Is there ANY way to make a track immune to solo?

Author
Shayne White
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 306
2005/08/15 22:26:17 (permalink)

Is there ANY way to make a track immune to solo?

I use CreamWare's Scope DSP card, and sometimes I route Scope instruments through Sonar for processing via input monitoring. However, if I solo a track in Sonar, the input monitoring tracks shut off. I need to have those tracks running all the time. Is there ANY way to make a track immune to another track's solo? Is there such a feature in the latest verson of Sonar 4? I have Sonar 3.1.

If there's no such feature, PLEASE, CAKEWALK, IMPLEMENT IT IN SONAR 5!!!!

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

glazfolk
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5253
    RE: Is there ANY way to make a track immune to solo? 2005/08/15 22:55:43 (permalink)
    Shayne -

If I understand ypur situation right, can't you just also Solo the track(s) that you are input monitoring as well as the recorded track that you are playing? This works for me and, from memory, used to work in S3 too.

If it's not working for you, could it be something to do with your soundcard routing? I'm not familiar with that model.

PS With S4 (and presumably S5 when it happens) there's an even more clever way - keep the recorded track that you want to hear and the to-be-recorded tracfks with input monitoring all in one Track Folder - then you can Solo/Unsolo the lot with just one click.
    post edited by glazfolk - 2005/08/16 00:16:11

Geoff Francis - Huon Delta Studios

AMD Opteron 246 2GHZ twin CPU
    Tyan S2875 AVRF Dual M'board
    2 Gig RAM, Three Monitors w NVIDIA GeForce FX5700
    Alesis iO26, 2 NTFS Seagate HD
    DigitalDesign Speakers
    Shayne White
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 306
    RE: Is there ANY way to make a track immune to solo? 2005/08/16 00:31:56 (permalink)
    I just did a forum search and found that in Sonar 4 you can have a track's bus send not be affected by another track's solo if it's set to Pre. That's exactly what I need! Well, I'll wait a little bit and upgrade to Sonar 5 when it comes out. At least it does what I need it to do.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1