Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 16:32:19 (permalink)
All I can say is dont let your A$$ door you on the way hit. I have been a Sonar/Cakewalk customer since V3 in DOS.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 16:35:40 (permalink)

Oh here is a tidbit for you I use Firefox on Vista. I didn't go to the Microsoft web site to let them know. Should I?

Nah, they probably know already...

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 16:43:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John

Oh here is a tidbit for you I use Firefox on Vista. I didn't go to the Microsoft web site to let them know. Should I?

Why not? They might appreciate the feedback, although doubtful considering that it's Microsoft. Regardless, the difference is, Cakewalk listens to its customers and that's one of many reasons that many of us stick with them.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 17:06:52 (permalink)
Why not? They might appreciate the feedback, although doubtful considering that it's Microsoft. Regardless, the difference is, Cakewalk listens to its customers and that's one of many reasons that many of us stick with them.

I have been on this forum from its very beginning. I have never seen CW post in any thread of this sort. I really don't think CW cares any more then I do.

How many customers do you think CW has? It is a nice feeling to think they watch each and every one but I don't think so. As for them seeing this thread so what. For everyone that has pronounced their departure CW probably gets hundreds if not thousands to replace them.

We sometimes think we are the center of the world and that what we think or feel is of importance to others. It ain't true.

By stating one is leaving one has to presuppose a certain importance in doing so. They are not. It only betrays a sense of self importance that is not really the case.

BTW what if the OP still uses the software after proclaiming his departure? How are we to know? What if he upgrades to a newer version. Again How are we to know? Is this really a concern to you or anyone else?

Best
John
MemphisJo
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 594
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 17:27:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Cheeto

ORIGINAL: MemphisJo

Even if you are a hobbyist I recommend that get a business license and set up a small business, all your gear will be much cheaper....

Really? Could you expand on how that is possible in the hobbyist sense?

I think Cj covered it for ya... do some research on line as to how to set up a small business in your State / City. Just having a business license will save you sales tax on items purchased at Costco.
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 20:15:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rstollen

ORIGINAL: Zo

Don't get me wrong but everytime i heard about somebody leaving cake (no matter the reason and it's your right) it a long time customer and long time forum user but ony with few posts , let's say a newbie !!!

I don't think it's fair to perpetuate the notion that you must be newbie if you have a low post count. I recently decided to get involved with this forum, but I've been using Sonar since Version 2 (XL). There is no direct correlation.

I'm not triying to make a correlation or some , i'm just pointing out a fact : everytime i heard about somebody that wanna leave sonar for some reasons it's a newbie (by the numlber of its posts , not its skills or time user count !!) that's all !!!

So i don't give a lot of attention as if it was CJ , susan , john , Jose or mike or jim or .......and those people are not friendly at all with cake when there's a problem encountered ....

Thats just my thought .....so it is what it is ....

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

richard.ingraham
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/11 22:48:26 (permalink)

First of all, I am a loyal Sonar Producer fan. I have no intention of jumping the ship. But, the original poster has a point. Have you ever called tech support for information you needed right away? Forget it! The first 20 minutes you think, "it will be any minute now". After 40 minutes your mind becomes a soup created by overdose of very obnoxious music that nobody in their right mind listens to...especially through a telephone speaker. After 5 hours you are driving home still waiting for an answer to a call you initiated during lunch break. After about six hours, you wake up on the crisis unit wondering what the He## happened. Sonar is a great product. I plan to ride the train for a long time. But if you REALLY need to talk to someone live ASAP, you better have good insurance for mental health services. You're going to need it! Hey, is that John Lennon talking to Elvis and Jesus over there??

Groundhog, NOS
Russell.Whaley
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2755
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/12 00:52:05 (permalink)
It's not Jesus - I think it's Jim Morrison...

Use what works for you, that works for your pocketbook.

Stop by and complain, get some cranky feedback... life goes on.

'night all.

Cheeto
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 118
RE: Is there a "Goodbye, Sonar" thread? 2009/03/12 06:33:12 (permalink)
CJaysMusic, MemphisJo,

I am going to start another thread on the particular subject we were conversing upon. If you or anyone else would like to continue this discussion please visit the new thread I wil start here in the Coffe House as to not distract from the current circus sideshow.

@Digitalhect, I don't see you having a real SONAR issue that anyone could offer you help with. Seems your first beef is with GC. In that case the answer is real simple, simply don't shop there any more. I gave up on them along time ago. In my case the negative experiences have outweighed the positive so much that I won't even buy guitar picks from them, nor their sister enterprise MF. I'd much rather give the business to a local mom&pop business just down the street from them even if it costs me more, but at least they don't jerk me around, and dealing with the same people who know me is comforting.

Your other beef is pricing, but hey what can you do about that? You do have a right to voice you opinion, but if you don't have the discretionary income, simply just don't buy it. You probably don't need the latest and greatest program to get the job done. Odds are you have plenty of features already in the version you own that you don't utilize, so why pay for an upgrade for more of the same unless absolutely warranted? If you choose another sequencer more than likely it will cost you more time and $$$ than a S8 upgrade. My advice is sit back relax, and use what you've already have to the fullest extent. Whatever your choice I wish you no ill will whatsoever and wish you the best of luck with making music.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1