Is this any good???

Author
munmun
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
2011/06/13 22:06:59 (permalink)

Is this any good???

This is a song I wrote after breaking up with someone recently.  She wanted children.  I did not because I already have some from a previous marriage.  But I liked her and was devastated.  I wrote this within hours of the break up and felt much better.  It was a bit like music therapy.  The head had spoken but the heart had not.

So is this any good or just derivative rubbish?  If it does nothing for you, it will always mean something to me.  However if most people go phewy then I wont re-record it.  This recording is the first time I played the song in its infancy on a hand held recorder mistakes and all.  No fanciness here.

Song is journey of the heart.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=405294

5 Replies Related Threads

Leee
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 783
    Re:Is this any good??? 2011/06/14 01:18:44 (permalink)
    Hey munmun,  I've written my share of break up songs.  In fact the two times a woman I loved deeply broke up with me was probably my two most prolific writing periods.

I like Journey of the Heart,  I think you should continue to work on it.  As for being derivative, it does slightly remind me of the song that "Robbie" sings at the end of "The Wedding Singer" to Julia (Drew Barrymore) and I don't mean that as a dig, it's definitely a compliment because, even though that song is a little corny, it still gives me a lump in my throat when I hear it.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you do with it after polishing it up.  Thanks for sharing it.

Lee Shapiro
    www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:Is this any good??? 2011/06/14 01:36:57 (permalink)
    I think it's a great start. I love it. I'd rather listen to something simple like this with meaningful lyrics you can hear and feel than a 50 track production that took months.

The thing with a song like this ... you'll probably never get another take like that again. When you're sitting there hurting at 2:30 in the morning and things just come to you ... it's hard to emulate that. The best takes are usually the ones where you weren't tryin' and it came from the heart if you know what I mean.

I don't know where you're going with this song, but it could turn it in to the most depressing, beer drinking, wanna hang yourself, hillbilly song since Hank Sr. released Luke The Drifter. Don't look it up on youtube. You'll regret, I'm tellin' ya. Just let it be.

You were warned.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    DJSur
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 326
    Re:Is this any good??? 2011/06/18 00:29:43 (permalink)
    munmun

This is a song I wrote after breaking up with someone recently.  She wanted children.  I did not because I already have some from a previous marriage.  But I liked her and was devastated.  I wrote this within hours of the break up and felt much better.  It was a bit like music therapy.  The head had spoken but the heart had not.

So is this any good or just derivative rubbish?  If it does nothing for you, it will always mean something to me.  However if most people go phewy then I wont re-record it.  This recording is the first time I played the song in its infancy on a hand held recorder mistakes and all.  No fanciness here.

Song is journey of the heart.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=405294

I say this in putting your experience and feelings totally aside:

Finish this song, I hear a good finished track in my head. I think it would be great!

soundcloud   acidplanet   myspace

on-line fo-rum (n) - data warehouse that provides little to no ROI 
    alkie
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2706
    Re:Is this any good??? 2011/06/19 01:44:18 (permalink)
    Yup it`s DEFO worth workin on it more!!!!!

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
    for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
    because he knows the time is short.....
    let him who hath understanding.....
    reckon the number of the beast.....
    for it is a human number...
    it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
    Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1