Issue with Tracks Export and Bus Automation

Author
mrkocol
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/07/18 13:38:45 (permalink)

Issue with Tracks Export and Bus Automation

Hello, I tried searching for this issue on the forum already but I could not find the exact problem I want to address, so here goes...

I am running Sonar Producer 8.5  I am trying to export individual tracks but preserve all effects and automation.  I have two tracks running through a single bus with automation, then to a master bus with no automation.  The individual tracks have effects on them, and the only automation on their bus is a fade-out.  When I try to export the tracks, I chose 'Tracks' as the Source Category, Mono Channel Format (they're panned mono tracks, but I want them in mono for export), and every option is checked in Mix Enables (except for Audible Bounce, Live Input and 64-bit Engine).  The problem is after the export, I listen to the tracks and while they have their appropriate effects, they're missing the fade-out automation.  Anyone else have this problem or can point me in the right direction?  I'd rather have this method work than export each track individually using Entire Mix, not necessarily for this project because of how little tracks there are, but in a bigger picture sense for a project with many tracks.  In short, how come the bus automation isn't being preserved?  Thanks in advance for the help.
post edited by mrkocol - 2010/07/18 13:40:02

3 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re:Issue with Tracks Export and Bus Automation 2010/07/20 04:00:58 (permalink)
    I think your problem is simple.

You're selecting TRACKS as your source but your automation is on the BUS.

Try one of 2 things, either select Bus under source category, or put the automation on the tracks.

HTH

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    mrkocol
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Issue with Tracks Export and Bus Automation 2010/07/20 12:39:58 (permalink)
    Choosing Bus export would export the whole bus but with no track separation.  I know that putting the automation on the tracks instead would work for Tracks export.  (I was just trying to save time by drawing the automation on the bus once instead of each track.)  I didn't know the routing of the tracks doesn't go into their bus for Tracks export, but it makes sense that they wouldn't.  Thanks for pointing it out.
    MatsonMusicBox
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 879
    Re:Issue with Tracks Export and Bus Automation 2010/07/20 15:26:34 (permalink)
    Yeah - you'll have to use buss and export the tracks one at a time to get what you want
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1