It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ?

Author
cryptexmarble
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 289
2011/02/11 16:41:23 (permalink)

It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ?

Peeps

I say .............wtf ???
my project crashes every  20 minutes ---LOL

ROLAND --good job ! you must hate us truly !

MOTU ultralite --- Intel Dx 58SO --i7 920 @ 3Ghz --6GB 1333 RAM Corsair ---Nvidia GTX 480 ---KORG Radias ---SPL Volume 2 ---DYNAUDIO BM5A--

roland cakewalk sonar x1

PS: I have to spend lots of money to buy cubase now --THANX roland !

post edited by cryptexmarble - 2011/02/11 16:44:21

24 Replies Related Threads

Grumbleweed_
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 16:44:05 (permalink)
    You could make 5 or 6 "pop" songs inbetween crashes. Just save after 19 minutes .

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
    Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
    Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
    cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 16:46:27 (permalink)
    grumbleweed4162

You could make 5 or 6 "pop" songs inbetween crashes. Just save after 19 minutes .

Grum.

...dudes do we have to take that ??? --Didn´t you pay ?

3 months until a "pro" product is working fine ? ---lol

cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 16:49:01 (permalink)
    cryptexmarble

grumbleweed4162

Grum.

3 months until a "pro" product is working fine ? ---lol

I will use sonar for simple mastering jobs ...nothing more -----its not usable for more X1

cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 16:54:04 (permalink)
    Grumbleweed_
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 17:16:32 (permalink)
            cryptexmarble

No I didn't, I got it for free.

Just starting yet another moany thread isn't helping you or anyone else. When I make a moany thread I try to be specific about what it is that's bugging me rather than a "it crashes every twenty minutes" rant.
    I then use any useful replies and my own brain to find a solution.

Grum. 

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
    Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
    Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 17:20:17 (permalink)
    cryptexmarble

Peeps

I say .............wtf ???
    my project crashes every  20 minutes ---LOL

ROLAND --good job ! you must hate us truly !

MOTU ultralite --- Intel Dx 58SO --i7 920 @ 3Ghz --6GB 1333 RAM Corsair ---Nvidia GTX 480 ---KORG Radias ---SPL Volume 2 ---DYNAUDIO BM5A--

roland cakewalk sonar x1

PS: I have to spend lots of money to buy cubase now --THANX roland !

I would guess there is something very specific going on to crash SONAR every 20 minutes. Have you contacted support about the issue or is there anything more you can provide? I mean is it the same carash, differentet crash, etc. The information you provide is unfortunately not very helpful.

Chalking up a severe problem like that to "X1 in general" may not be the best route and you may end up disappointed with X1b.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 17:31:21 (permalink)
    I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people disappointed with X1b, not because of the lack of bug fixes but because it isn't going to turn X1 into 8.5 - although why anyone would want that is beyond me.

codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 17:32:47 (permalink)
    20 minute crashes could potentially be the Sonitus Delay DLL memory leak.

cryptexmarble: Are you using the Sonitus Delay? If so - disable all instances of it and see if the problem goes away (restart Sonar first).

There are several threads on the forum about the DLL problem, and solutions are posted. CW has acknowledged this problem and their will likely be a fix for it in X1b.

If you are not using the Sonitus DLL - please ignore 

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    HumbleNoise
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2946
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 17:38:06 (permalink)
    .....CW has acknowledged this problem and their will likely be a fix for it in X1b.

It's listed as a fix in the updated X1b thread.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    brundlefly
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 18:21:31 (permalink)

CW has acknowledged this problem and their will likely be a fix for it in X1b.

Today's X1b status update includes the Sonitus Delay leak fix. 

EDIT: Oops. Humble's post was off the bottom of the page, I guess.
    post edited by brundlefly - 2011/02/11 18:22:38
    cornieleous
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 21:50:28 (permalink)
    FastBikerBoy

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people disappointed with X1b, not because of the lack of bug fixes but because it isn't going to turn X1 into 8.5 - although why anyone would want that is beyond me.

I don't want that, but I do want to bring a few of its awesome features forward with us such as custom menus, custom control bar modules, separate snap settings, and maybe option to have a full set of control in track headers for those of us who prefer that method of working to inspector...etc. There is along list of good that X1 has not replaced with something better, and I think that is what is really behind the sentiment you hear from many. Its to easy to generalize and say we want 8.5 back - but the statement is not accurate or fair and plain makes no sense - since we already own it.

D
    giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 22:11:45 (permalink)
    IMO Roland played this whole X1 thing wrong. I get the idea of creating DAW 2.0 as they call it but since the decided to recreate the whole thing they could offer huge discounts to users that were willing to test it and give feedback for a period of time. I know that they have their own beta users but this is not enough. I'm pretty sure that if they offered half retail price to new users and half upgrade price to Sonar producer owners for a period of 4 months with the officela release date after this period, nobody would complain!

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 22:54:12 (permalink)
    grumbleweed4162

cryptexmarble

Just starting yet another moany thread isn't helping you or anyone else. When I make a moany thread I try to be specific about what it is that's bugging me rather than a "it crashes every twenty minutes" rant.

Grum. 

...so YOU didn´t read the various ,and most highly numbered posts about X1´s bugs ?
    hm....well

I want ...what I want to get ; when I buy a "Pro" product .
    If the company makes such a big mistake , it somehow has to cover for it IMAO ----thats my 2 cents (how you say ) to the story here !

PS: Cakewalk ........if they wanna be true ...lik eHAS to give us something for that big poop they pulled off --please ---its logic somehow

cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 22:55:33 (permalink)
    cryptexmarble

grumbleweed4162

cryptexmarble

Grum. 

...so YOU didn´t read the various ,and most highly numbered posts about X1´s bugs ?
    hm....well

If the company makes such a big mistake , it somehow has to cover for it IMAO ----thats my 2 cents (how you say ) to the story here !

PS: Cakewalk ........if they wanna be true ...lik eHAS to give us something for that big poop they pulled off --please ---its logic somehow

and it better be ....a reeeeaaaly fat EFFECT plugin !!!

LOL

BOYAKA !

cryptexmarble
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 22:57:34 (permalink)
    cryptexmarble

cryptexmarble

grumbleweed4162

cryptexmarble

Grum. 

hm....well

and it better be ....a reeeeaaaly fat EFFECT plugin !!!

LOL

BOYAKA !

yeah ...and I dont use sonitus delay ----
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:02:07 (permalink)
    FastBikerBoy

Some people like the familiarity of the older interface , but as time has gone on they have had to learn new stuff even before the big change.. (just in smaller chunks)

cryptexmarble , I use both products by both companies.. and upgraded both to the latest ones, and at this moment in time for me personally x1 has been behaving FAR better than the other companies product. I'm sure others might comment (no prizes for guessing who) that they are having the opposite experience, well good / lucky for them.

I give companies time to fix such thing. there are SO many variables hardware wise for a start for them all to deal with. 

they are all in the "damned if you do" situation.. if they put a patch/update out too early.. they get more issues.. then if they are seemed to take too long, the also have that.
    post edited by Fog - 2011/02/11 23:03:38
    Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:13:39 (permalink)
    I'm still upset that they call the product Sonar and I still can't find any fish with it. Grrrrrrr.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    Psychobillybob
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 882
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:16:04 (permalink)
    cryptexmarble, seems like a lot of smoke no fire, you have yet to explain what conditions, what drivers, what specifics you are using that might possibly contribute to the crash or give light to a solution, so without reading to much into what you've posted (or not posted) it seems like this thread is mostly about you wanting to vent rather than asking a real question looking for a solution.

I use my ultralite as a coaster or door stop, the converters sound like a wet blanket and motu is terrible in actual support for their products, I'm sure if you've ever asked a tech question ther you know what I'm talking about...I am not convinced I could use that product without crashing, I have pretty much sworn off firewire as an audio interface, yes I know its dedicated data, but the chipset/driver issues have driven me over the edge to many times, I just don't enjoy the hassle...

So what exactly are the conditions of the crash, or was this thread simply asking If cake can release X1 the way they did (and yes its all in the eula)

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
    chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:38:47 (permalink)
    are you looking for help here..or just making a statement..cause you aint telling me anything i havent already heard..you need help or are you just going to keep venting?cause to be honest..have you ever been in a situation where things are tough but theres that one person saying.."this stinks...this stinks...this stinks"after a while it starts to make you feel even more discusted about your own problems...we are all trying to come to grips with this and all pulling together to help eachother,now ive heard a few people ask you a few times what your spec's are and whats going on..do you want some help or are you just going to continue to vent up?...let me know,cause ill try to help you the best i can..i was doing what you were doing and only mastering with it,but now ive got things pretty stable and doing more and more everyday..its like testing water..you go a little deeper everytime untill you get a crash,then youve gauged your propabilities of distance..let me know
    daveny5
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:50:27 (permalink)
    Could just be bad memory. He should run memtest for overnight and see if it finds anything. 

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    chuckebaby
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/11 23:56:55 (permalink)
    the sonitus delay leak is a real thing but i for the life of me could not find a leak..ive read many different post on this and depending on the version you have it could be a leak..i myself never had 8.5 where it was first noted..so maybe my fresh install of x1 was ripe
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/12 00:05:34 (permalink)
    chuckebaby

the sonitus delay leak is a real thing but i for the life of me could not find a leak..ive read many different post on this and depending on the version you have it could be a leak..i myself never had 8.5 where it was first noted..so maybe my fresh install of x1 was ripe
    Did you see the X1b updated fix list ... the sonitus memory leak is one of the things being fixed in it.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    chuckebaby
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/12 00:23:46 (permalink)
    o yea...i seen it..im just telling you my experience..on my end..not happening..i used every aynalizer i had on it..maybe i missed something?..could be,i just dont think i did. .. i know what this about bud...lol..you win okay..lol..we went through this before..well in more ways than one..you were right...respect,earned.
    post edited by chuckebaby - 2011/02/12 00:26:22
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:It just has to be a joke ---or can they do that legaly ? 2011/02/12 00:59:42 (permalink)
    Eh? Not sure what your talking about, but hey, if you say I win, I'll take that! :)

I guess the way I see it is, if Cake announces they are working on it, I consider it a legit bug that they can reproduce, not one of those system specific things that can creep up if you know what I mean.

To be honest, I'm with you, I've never seen the leak either. Doh! :)

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1