It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option

Author
trtzbass
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 150
2015/08/04 08:21:04 (permalink)
4.67 (3)

It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option

Hi - I've been using Studio one and Digital Performer and I found the punch guard feature to be very useful.
In a nutshell it means that when you press record you have up to ten seconds of audio already recorded and available by just adjusting the left track boundary. Hard to explain - it's better shown in this video: https://youtu.be/W_WocJDHtsI?t=57s
Opinions?

Thanks for listening, btw - I'm enjoying Sonar more than ever

Jordan Brown

- he tried to play bass

www.jordanbrown.co.uk
twitter.com/trtzbass
trgmachine.bandcamp.com

4 Replies Related Threads

LJB
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1502
    Re: It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option 2015/08/05 05:06:21 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    I think PT also has that option. it keeps the HDD running through a 10secs buffer when tracks are armed is what I figure... Like a PVR, actually. Cool idea..

Would be a good feature for all recording actually. I avoid using punch-ins and pre-count tracking because it's nearly impossible to nail the exact first beat.
     But then, I am a bassist.... Others may be more cleverer.

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
    --------------------
    Cakewalk
    with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

trtzbass
    Re: It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option 2015/08/05 20:25:59 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I am working with this guy who is a phenomenal pianist but sometimes needs to overdub a few rough passages, to patch them up, you know. He would start playing at random whenever he feels he knows where he is.
    With Sonar I need to watch for his (very subtle) cues and I missed a couple of crucial notes a couple times.
    Now if I had the punch guard system in place, I could have just relaxed and once he starts playing I hit record with the certainty that the few seconds before that have been captured anyway. This is just one of the examples I can bring to the table to reinforce my proposal for the feature!

Jordan Brown

- he tried to play bass

www.jordanbrown.co.uk
    twitter.com/trtzbass
    trgmachine.bandcamp.com
    trtzbass
    Re: It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option 2015/08/13 06:08:56 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Uh I thought this would have gotten more love :)

Jordan Brown

- he tried to play bass

www.jordanbrown.co.uk
    twitter.com/trtzbass
    trgmachine.bandcamp.com
    mesayre
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 195
    Re: It would be great if Sonar had a "punch guard" option 2015/08/13 14:17:15 (permalink)
    I voted :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1