Helpful ReplyIt's Probably not Worth Overthinking this..

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
2018/04/08 06:19:12 (permalink)

It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this..

Maybe I'm underthinking this, but it seems to me that CbB is pretty much like downloading a monthly update, except you're getting it through BandLab Assistant instead of Command Center. If you had Platinum your Platinum stuff is still there. Professional users get to keep their extra plug-ins, but both Professional and Artist users get an upgrade to the core Platinum features.

Whenever there was a monthly update there were always threads about perceived problems, real or imagined, and I suspect any update will foster some of these...and that most can be resolved (at least with scook's assistance ).

If you're concerned, just set a system restore point before going the CbB route. I just installed it, and it sure looks and acts like Sonar.

Don't worry, be happy. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 06:35:10 (permalink)
I'm curious when the remainder of the full Plat install will be ready. I have Sonar Pro  and now CbB, installed and everything is smooth with the new core Daw engine installed. Looking forward to a few added plugs and instruments.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 06:48:29 (permalink)
Rbh
I'm curious when the remainder of the full Plat install will be ready. I have Sonar Pro  and now CbB, installed and everything is smooth with the new core Daw engine installed. Looking forward to a few added plugs and instruments.

I don't think anybody's gonna answer that question. Or, looked at another way, this is the "full Plat install." It's the core program. Plugins were extras. Sometimes they were "free," but only after you paid for an upgrade (except for a brief period of "lifetime" upgrades).

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Anderton
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 06:51:49 (permalink)
Always in motion is the future.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Frank Harvey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 06:58:36 (permalink)
Rbh

Heee Hee
They Are b#@dy brilliant plug ins too.......................You'll love them......at some point.........I guess.
AHHHHhhhh the Future.........don't you love it :)

Sonar Platinum Lifer
Audio Interface: Focusrite 6i6 Gen 2
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm)II X4 630 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM :16.0 GB
System Type:64-bit Operating System , x64-based processor
Windows Edition: 10 Home
Windows Version:1709
OS Build :16299.125
Video:GEForce GTX 650
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 07:35:48 (permalink)
The big difference now is that offline Splat users are pretty much out of luck when it comes to updating to CbB...
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 07:59:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bayoubill 2018/04/08 18:38:50
I admire your positive and constructive attitude Craig. The issue for me is not the Bandlab software. Cakewalk may, or may not be out of business. I don't know. All I know is they stopped work and laid off the staff. Their intellectual property (whatever that is) has been sold to a new company. I had a contract with Cakewalk based on a fee paid for a product, but I have no contract with BAndlab. They have no responsibility to me in any way. If my Cakewalk purchased stuff stops working they don't have to help me. They are a completely new and un-tethered entity.

Fair enough. But why am I being coerced into a relationship with this new company in order to use the goods I bought from the company that is now gone. I feel like Bandlab actually bought the registered users of the Cakewalk company. For me that's the crux of the entire problem. There was no formal wrapping up of my contract with Cakewalk. I should be able to walk away with everything I purchased, and the ability to use it until it becomes unserviceable. 

I have purchased alternatives due to the uncertainty of this situation and I really like them. This does not prevent me from using the Cakewalk software I have paid for, but Bandlab now says I have to go through them to do so. I want nothing to do with Bandlab really, it's not my thing, I don't do social media.

So how is it legal for a company that I have no contract with, to force me into providing them with my personal information, product codes, buying history and credit card information, to access something that they don't own and have no responsibility for?

Meng?, Noel?  How about somebody explain how this works. 

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 08:05:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Skyline_UK 2018/04/08 13:12:31
Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Where did you pick that up from?

You existing Platinum installation will continue to work unless a future Windows update or hardware change kills it. What then?

Well, to coin a phrase, you're buggered - because you'll be trying to use software provided by a company which no longer exists.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 08:26:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby stevesweat 2018/04/08 12:36:40
Formal wrapping up when Cakewalk was sold to another company. That's all there is. Go away if you don't like it.

Frank Harvey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 09:29:36 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

You existing Platinum installation will continue to work unless a future Windows update or hardware change kills it. What then?

Well, to coin a phrase, you're buggered - because you'll be trying to use software provided by a company which no longer exists.

SHORT , BLUNT , EXTREMELY ACCURATE PERHAPS .........what more can you call for ......Hey ?
Thnx indeed  for your ever so polite input 
Have a Nice Day :)
Cheers......Frank

Sonar Platinum Lifer
Audio Interface: Focusrite 6i6 Gen 2
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm)II X4 630 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM :16.0 GB
System Type:64-bit Operating System , x64-based processor
Windows Edition: 10 Home
Windows Version:1709
OS Build :16299.125
Video:GEForce GTX 650
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 11:36:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mitch_I 2018/04/08 19:41:20
Ampfixer, Bandlab isn't forcing anything on you. They haven't directly taken on the userbase which is why if you want to continue with Cakewalk software, you have to register to Bandlab. If you don't want to continue, you simply don't register. Bandlab is not responsible for any business you did with Gibson via Cakewalk Inc. Bandlab owes you nothing - like you said, you have not entered into any contract with them. Your Sonar Platinum is now a separate product, dead software that is no longer supported due to the developers Cakewalk Inc. going out of business. It will continue to work while you have it installed. Bandlab however, is likely to be kind enough to continue to give you access to your downloadable products from before as well as free access to updates of the core software. If you want that access you have to sign up for a Bandlab account so that they can authenticate your right to access. If you don't want to use the Bandlab platform, you do not have to. You haven't been wronged in any way by Bandlab so your continual complaining is utterly pointless!

Craig, I agree. I think the outcome is probably better than any of us could have predicted. It seems monthly updates will continue and those of us who purchased free life updates will continue to get that, but now so will everyone else. There are other advantages I can see too, such as Cakewalk becoming a far more popular DAW, if not the most popular due to it being free. That also means increased community support. Unlike before there are likely to be fewer constraints and interference from a parent company when it comes to development and direction. In all, the future looks bright. I don't know if Cakewalk will become my primary DAW again now that I have moved to Samplitude, but I will certainly have it installed and keep it updated to see how it develops.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 15:00:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby olemon 2018/04/09 09:51:53
Leadfoot
The big difference now is that offline Splat users are pretty much out of luck when it comes to updating to CbB...

A temporary problem. Noel has promised that an offline registration option will be forthcoming, and I have complete faith in Noel's word. Don't fall prey to the FOMO syndrome. Given that this first version of CbB is essentially the last release of Platinum, you're not missing out on anything by holding off a bit.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
bdickens
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 847
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 15:21:11 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

Which of course has NEVER happened before even once in the entire history of software.

Byron Dickens
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 15:36:06 (permalink)
Based on posts seen to date I would go with an image over a system restore point, since restore points do fail. There has been little transparency on this Assistant and it gets flagged by Windows Defender even, updates without information, and has invasive registration. Those simple things are actually huge for "professionalism" in the IT world, especially now that data mining and personal security get to testify before Congress.

CbB and this Assistant are joined at the hip, but trust for one doesn't warrant trust for the other.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 16:16:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jude77 2018/04/09 21:39:45
ampfixer
I admire your positive and constructive attitude Craig. The issue for me is not the Bandlab software. Cakewalk may, or may not be out of business. I don't know. All I know is they stopped work and laid off the staff. Their intellectual property (whatever that is) has been sold to a new company. I had a contract with Cakewalk based on a fee paid for a product, but I have no contract with BAndlab. They have no responsibility to me in any way. If my Cakewalk purchased stuff stops working they don't have to help me. They are a completely new and un-tethered entity.

Fair enough. But why am I being coerced into a relationship with this new company in order to use the goods I bought from the company that is now gone. I feel like Bandlab actually bought the registered users of the Cakewalk company. For me that's the crux of the entire problem. There was no formal wrapping up of my contract with Cakewalk. I should be able to walk away with everything I purchased, and the ability to use it until it becomes unserviceable. 

I have purchased alternatives due to the uncertainty of this situation and I really like them. This does not prevent me from using the Cakewalk software I have paid for, but Bandlab now says I have to go through them to do so. I want nothing to do with Bandlab really, it's not my thing, I don't do social media.

So how is it legal for a company that I have no contract with, to force me into providing them with my personal information, product codes, buying history and credit card information, to access something that they don't own and have no responsibility for?

Meng?, Noel?  How about somebody explain how this works. 

You remark how you have no contract with BandLab, but then it seems you expect BandLab to honor your previous "contract" with Cakewalk.

There seems to be this lingering misconception that people own the software they purchase, or even that the license they buy entitles them to install and use it for life. That's not the case at all - the license entitles you to use it for as long as the terms and conditions of that license allow. If it's software that requires an online activation (quite legal), then there is no legal obligation on the part of anyone to perpetuate that activation mechanism after the closure of the company which provides it. I very much doubt Cakewalk's TOC made any such guarantee. But this is stuff that we agree to when we purchase a license and install the program. You went in with open eyes and were quite entitled to reject Cakewalk's offer and purchase another DAW license instead. 

Also, where do you get the idea from that you have to give BandLab your credit card details in order to install Cakewalk? As far as I know CleverBridge has those credit card details, not Cakewalk or BandLab. 

Nor do I understand the objection "I don't do social media." Of what relevance is that? Signing up a BandLab account does not obligate anyone to partake in social media activities. You don't have to share anything or collaborate with anyone. I understand a lot of older people have this innate mistrust and/or hatred of social media, but frankly I think it's taken too far. At the end of the day social media, in whatever form, is just a form of collective communication that you can utilize in thousands of different ways. Just because some people choose to abuse it or make asses of themselves or become "addicted" or whatever, does not mean that the whole idea of collective communication is bad. I'm pretty sure that when telephones took off, there were those who looked askew at them on the basis that they were going to encourage people to sit at home alone instead of going out to meet them face to face. 

This forum is a form of social media. People meet here collectively, they communicate, share ideas, post songs, offer comments, goof off, post interesting articles and generally do everything that you can do on any other social media platform. It's just a "venue" and you can either lurk or participate. BandLab is no different in that respect. I'm not seeing what you'd be losing or risking by signing up to BandLab. If it all just boils down to a "personal view" then fine, but I don't see why BandLab should have to bend over backwards for or accommodate people who refuse to have anything to do with them. They have no legal or moral obligations in this regard. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Steve_Karl
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 17:39:23 (permalink)
redundant post

post edited by Steve_Karl - 2018/04/08 18:01:17

Steve Karl
https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
SPLAT 2017.01
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 17:47:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby clintmartin 2018/04/08 17:49:40
...I understand a lot of older people have this innate mistrust and/or hatred of social media

That's because we old people are the last generation to have experienced both worlds: before and after social media. Younger people have no basis for comparison. They are far less likely to value privacy, because they've grown up in a world where it never existed. In another generation everyone will know everything about everyone else, and it'll be viewed as completely normal.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 17:49:15 (permalink)
bitflipper
Leadfoot

A temporary problem. Noel has promised that an offline registration option will be forthcoming, and I have complete faith in Noel's word. Don't fall prey to the FOMO syndrome. Given that this first version of CbB is essentially the last release of Platinum, you're not missing out on anything by holding off a bit.

You're right, Bit. Thank you.
Steve_Karl
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:02:47 (permalink)
bitflipper

Did Noel say there would be an offline registration for SPLAT versions?
If not then I have a problem with this line of thought that assumes that CbB will address the agreement I made with the legacy company.

I am not being unreasonable or unfair to say
I want and deserve
an offline authorization patch for when the servers go belly up so that when I want to build a new PC
I can use the software that I purchased the license for.

I entered into an agreement by purchasing the license of software from whoever it is/was
and the agreement was that I can use it as long as I want *with no end date*.
I paid money. I just want what I paid for.
It's only fair.

I did not agree
to upgrade to a newer version than the one that works for me.
There was no problem with me staying at 2017.01 and watching 10 (is it 10?)
or so newer versions come and go.
All of that was within the original agreement and totally fine with both parties.
However, assuming that a change to CbB will satisfy that original agreement is not legally accurate or acceptable.
It's a nice and generous gesture by BandLab to offer CbB for free,
but for me CbB is not an improvement or even an acceptable cross grade.

Simply put, for me, (that is for me alone, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself)
it is a downgrade.

see specific details here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m3747143.aspx#3747143

I don't expect BL to make fixes to accommodate my personal needs,
the same way I didn't expect the Legacy company to make changes to accommodate my needs.

I only expect what is fair and what was agreed upon and to use the version (2017.01) that works best for me.

Steve Karl
SPLAT 2017.01
michael diemer
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:08:45 (permalink)
bitflipper
...I understand a lot of older people have this innate mistrust and/or hatred of social media

That's because we old people are the last generation to have experienced both worlds: before and after social media. Younger people have no basis for comparison. They are far less likely to value privacy, because they've grown up in a world where it never existed. In another generation everyone will know everything about everyone else, and it'll be viewed as completely normal.

And thankfully we older ones won't have to live in such an Orwellian world.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

michael diemer
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:14:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jude77 2018/04/09 21:41:23
Steve_Karl
bitflipper

If not then I have a problem with this line of thought that assumes that CbB will address the agreement I made with the legacy company.

I want and deserve
an offline authorization patch for when the servers go belly up so that when I want to build a new PC

I entered into an agreement by purchasing the license of software from whoever it is/was
It's only fair.

I did not agree
All of that was within the original agreement and totally fine with both parties.
However, assuming that a change to CbB will satisfy that original agreement is not legally accurate or acceptable.

Simply put, for me, (that is for me alone, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself)
it is a downgrade.

the same way I didn't expect the Legacy company to make changes to accommodate my needs.

I only expect what is fair and what was agreed upon and to use the version (2017.01) that works best for me.

Project yourself 5,000,000 years into future. Humans have long ago migrated to another planet (having long ago obliterated this one).

Are you still going to be demanding that Cakewalk/Gibson/Bandlab or justsomebodyplease still honor your contract?

How is it possible that this very basic point - the company you had the contract with no longer exists - is so hard to grasp?

When are people finally going to get this?

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

sharke
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:23:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2018/04/08 19:41:59
bitflipper

At 45, I'm familiar with both worlds too. I just disagree with the idea that to use social media you have to give up your privacy, or that young people value privacy less. People generally have a line drawn which delineates what they will and won't share in public. Yes there are some people who don't care in the slightest about what they share online, but in my experience most young people take steps to enhance their privacy on social media. In fact I've noticed that on Facebook, older users seem less likely to "lock down" their accounts than young people - you can click through to their profile and see their friends list, their workplace, their email address and all of their posts. Everything's public. Young people seem more likely to make their personal details private, and are probably less likely to be truthful about the personal details they use to sign up. You click through to an old person's Facebook profile and they're often full of privacy "no-no's" - personal details visible (including location), photos of their grandkids set to "public" etc. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Steve_Karl
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:25:12 (permalink)
michael diemer

Project yourself 5,000,000 years into future. Humans have long ago migrated to another planet (having long ago obliterated this one).
 Are you still going to be demanding that Cakewalk/Gibson/Bandlab or justsomebodyplease still honor your contract?
 How is it possible that this very basic point - the company you had the contract with no longer exists - is so hard to grasp?

I understand that the company no longer exists.
My specific question to bitflipper was
"Did Noel say there would be an offline registration for SPLAT versions?"

Steve Karl
SPLAT 2017.01
michael diemer
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:30:26 (permalink)
Steve_Karl
michael diemer

Sorry, my bad. Please disregard my rather condescending remarks. Like many, I'm getting SO annoyed when people continue to harp on the contract thing. Your post must have acted as a conditioned stimulus, setting off the conditioned response in question. I'll try to read your posts, and everyone's, with more care in the future. Probably good advice for many of us here.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

sharke
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:33:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bdickens 2018/04/09 13:07:34
michael diemer
Steve_Karl
bitflipper

I want and deserve

It's only fair.

I did not agree

it is a downgrade.

They never will. They will continue to demand restitution from a company which no longer exists despite there being no logic behind it whatsoever. I can't wrap my head around it.  BandLab owes them nothing, either legally or morally. 

James
Steve_Karl
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:36:07 (permalink)
No problem Michael. :-)

Other questions that comes to mind:
What actually was sold to BL as Cakewalk intellectual property?
Does it include SPLAT?
Would it be in violation of the agreement between BL and Gibson for BL to release and authorization patch for pre CbB versions?

A clear answer to the above would end a lot of discussion.

Steve Karl
SPLAT 2017.01
sharke
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:36:32 (permalink)
Steve_Karl
michael diemer

Yes, that was your specific question to Bitflipper, but then you went on a diatribe about contractual obligations with a non-existent company and how they somehow entitle you to something now. The point is that no company exists today which has this legal obligation to you.  

James
Steve_Karl
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 18:39:12 (permalink)
sharke

Yes, that was your specific question to Bitflipper, but then you went on a diatribe about contractual obligations with a non-existent company and how they somehow entitle you to something now. The point is that no company exists today which has this legal obligation to you.  

Yes I know all of that. I wrote it :-)
The parent company still exists.
Did they sell their obligation along with the intellectual property?

A clear answer would save a lot of discussion.
So far I haven't seen a clear answer.
post edited by Steve_Karl - 2018/04/08 19:09:32

Steve Karl
SPLAT 2017.01
Anderton
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 19:43:20 (permalink)
I had to re-install Windows 10 last night from scratch in my office computer - remove all files, all apps, everything for a clean install. Doing so underscored that this really isn't such a big deal.

I went into my backed-up files previously downloaded from the CCC and reinstalled all the Sonar stuff. What I didn't have, or had older versions of, I installed from Command Center. Then I installed Cakewalk by BandLab, Studio One, and Live.

It's true that BandLab has no responsibility to former users to do anything. However, as long as they keep the servers going for authorization of older software, then that takes care of what will surely be a dwindling number of people over the next year. Given that BandLab in general is server/web intensive I would imagine that keeping the CCC going would be fairly trivial. I do think it's the responsibility of the user to download all the products they bought from Cakewalk Inc. via the CCC and back them up in case at some point, CCC isn't about downloading but just registration.

However I also don't think there will be much reason to hold on to Sonar much longer. CbB will be updated, bugs will be fixed, features will be added, and you won't have to pay anything. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

As to hiccups with BandLab Assistant, it's only been a little over six weeks since the deal was finalized. Think about it - that's nothing. The fact that the team was able to put something together so fast to calm the restless natives and get the show on the road speaks volumes about commitment. I'm sure Noel hasn't gotten much sleep in the past month and a half.

Steve_Karl
Re: It's Probably not Worth Overthinking this.. 2018/04/08 19:48:19 (permalink)
Anderton 
It's true that BandLab has no responsibility to former users to do anything.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Anderton  
However I also don't think there will be much reason to hold on to Sonar much longer. CbB will be updated, bugs will be fixed, features will be added, and you won't have to pay anything. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I suspect many will see it the same way but I won't 
until I can see that it servers me better than 2017.01

Steve Karl
SPLAT 2017.01
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1