It's Time To Go Home - (Remix)

Author
RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
2011/02/23 23:53:45 (permalink)

It's Time To Go Home - (Remix)

First, I haven't been able to do much of anything except listen to my garbage tunes, and this one kinda stood out so I remixed it.

I know it's a long tune, but I'm not asking you to listen to the whole thing, I'm just letting you hear the entire song as an option.

This tune was meant to be like hearing the river or creek flowing beside you, or something comforting to make you think about how great life is.  FLOW is what I'm trying to say, I guess I failed, but then again, I guess that depends on where you live and come from.

This ain't a great song, it's just real, sorry I couldn't do better. I remixed this tune and it was meant to sound like the flow of water in sound, I guess I failed. I did what I could.  I really need to re-do this tune, I hope I get the chance, I do have words, only time will tell. This is a remix, and honestly I think it sounds better than the original.

It's Time To Go Home Link Click Here

Bobby

6 Replies Related Threads

RockingChair
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/23 23:59:19 (permalink)
    I tried.

danbob
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 143
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/24 01:08:49 (permalink)
    And try is all one can do.

I like it.  

The sounds at the start are nice, sparse, and clear.  It certainly does have a nice, flow feel to it.  The kit maybe a little too up front, but to be honest, after while, it suits.  I don't like the kit fills ... they're far too MIDI.  

And from around 1:40 ish there's something weird happening with the hihats, as if the quantize is weirding out on you.  Not sure if that's an intentional thing or not, but it takes away from the 'flow' feeling, which I'm (otherwise) really getting.

Around 4:00 it may be time for some more development - it starts with some lower guitar, but needs something more.  Perhaps you could start to fill in the gaps with some hammond sounds or EP?  Some extra perc, like shakers, tambos, etc?  That's just personal taste, though.

A nice sound overall, though.  I listened all the way through. Ending was nice.

RockingChair
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/24 13:49:46 (permalink)
    Thanks danbob, I've posted this a few times before. Your right. I never qauntized the drums, I'm going to do that on the next version.

Your right, shakers would be perfect, I'm going to revamp the whole thing sometime in the next week or two, even the lead guitar and shorten it up a bit.

Thanks again

vechung
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/24 14:03:04 (permalink)
    I think I heard this one before.  I like the arrangement and theme.  Some timing on the guitars in few places.  It is kind of long if all you do is improvising.  You need a main melody and develop a song structure.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    RockingChair
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/24 14:20:30 (permalink)
    vechung

I think I heard this one before.  I like the arrangement and theme.  Some timing on the guitars in few places.  It is kind of long if all you do is improvising.  You need a main melody and develop a song structure.

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I've been remixing a lot of stuff here lately. Not sure what happened but the harmonics at the start were supposed to be on the right speaker, I must have hit something to cause it to go left without realizing it before mixdown.

I'm gonna re-do the drums for sure, hopefully I'll get it right in the next version.

Thanks again

RockingChair
    Re:It's Time To Go Home - (Remix) 2011/02/26 21:51:07 (permalink)

I might have some help on this one, thanks for taking the time to listen. It's going to be interesting to see where this one goes.

Next time you see this title up there it will be new.

Thanks again to all who replied,

Bobby

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1