It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
2018/02/14 02:47:44 (permalink)

It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore

Last week was rough. I had some emergency heart surgery, but that actually wasn't the worst of it. Let me tell you my sad tale.

I'd had a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday (if you don't know what that is, you don't want to know), which requires a 24-hour fast to prepare. So I had lunch on Tuesday, skipped supper (as is my habit) and Wednesday I ate nothing as per instructions. The appointment was for 1:30 Thursday afternoon, so I was mentally geared up for a marathon fast. I hadn't ever gone that long without eating before, but as I regularly do 24-hour fasts I was pretty sure I'd manage 48 hours OK.

Then Wed. night I got severe chest pains that the nitro pills didn't fix. Called 911 as per instructions that came with the nitro pills, got a nice ride with flashing lights and a shot of fentanyl from the EMTs. Wonderful stuff, that. I asked them if I'd start robbing 7-11s the following week, but they assured me 1 mg would not turn me into a slobbering addict. But it did kill the pain, which had been quite intense, so I was very grateful for the shot.

After a few hours in the E.R. I get checked in to a hospital room and cool my heels the rest of the night. Next day I'm getting pretty hungry, as it's now been over 50 hours without food. In the afternoon they told me I'd be going in for an angiogram/angioplasty, that I'd have to hold off eating until after that. OK, I said, I can do this.

Around 6:00 PM a pretty young nurse comes to shave my groin. I think about baseball. 

But by 9:00 PM nothing has happened and I'm really, really hungry. And a little grumpy. It's now been 60+ hours without food and over 20 hours without water. Necessary for the surgery, they said. OK, I said, just tell me when this ordeal will be over. The nurses say the doctor's not answering his pages, must be busy. Heart failure is a booming business, after all.

I tell them I don't know how much longer I can hold out, threatening to walk out of there. An empty threat, though, as I had no shoes, shirt or coat. Apparently my pleas made it up the chain of command because shortly afterward they came with a gurney to take me to the O.R.

I go to the O.R., where I'm laying on the operating table prepped and ready to go under and dreaming of bacon (true story) when the surgeon tells me they have an emergency case and I'll have to wait until next morning for my turn. Heart. Sinking.

Back in my room, I beg them for food and they finally relent and tell me I can eat something. It's after 10:00 PM and the kitchen is closed, but the nurses find me a tiny vending-machine sandwich in a plastic box with some mystery meat. Let me tell ya, it was the best damned sandwich I ever ate. Squeezed every drop out of the little mustard packet that came with it, too. Nothing like a three-day fast to build up an appetite.

On Friday they fixed me up, Saturday I was turned loose, and shortly after enjoyed a very satisfying meal at my favorite Indian buffet.

The End.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff

30 Replies Related Threads

eph221
    Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4665
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 03:16:38 (permalink)
    I always gnu you had a good heart.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
     Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 03:28:11 (permalink)
    Holy **** Bip.

Stars all collided wrong. Pray that you are okay. Usually hunger vanishes about 10 days into a voluntary fast. We can't lose you either on this forum or beyond.
    Going forward, got to cut down on cholesterol (any animal diet stuff) so you don't get clogged again. The procedure corrects the acute crisis but does not fix the cause which can throw you into life ending trauma again if lifestyle is not modified. So fortunate you were able to do the angioplasty and not get gutted from your throat to your knees if this would have happened 30 years ago, or sometimes needed now in our current barbaric age. Progressing in our understanding and technology, but death would have been the other option. You are lucky in spite of the severe inconveniences.
    Hang in there brother.
    John
    jyoung60
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 914
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 04:17:46 (permalink)
    Whoa....  glad to hear you came through ok.  Man, that's a nasty trip.

But I really laughed too much at:
    bitflipper
    Around 6:00 PM a pretty young nurse comes to shave my groin. I think about baseball. 

Been there!

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab (latest version) - x64
    VST: Roland Sound Canvas VA
    Hardware: Roland MC50mkII Sequencer; Yamaha DGX-660 keyboard; Steinberg UR-44 Interface
    sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 06:11:41 (permalink)
    Wow that sounds like quite an ordeal, I'm not sure whether I'd find the medical situation or the lack of food more harrowing. I'm one of those drama queens who thinks he's about to pass out if he goes without food for more than a few hours. 

I had surgery for skin cancer a few years ago, they removed a melanoma along with some flesh as a precaution. Seems like a fairly minor procedure in comparison to something like heart surgery but they still have you fast the day before. So around 10pm I'm starving and I'm thinking damn, I bet I can't sleep tonight for worrying. So I had the bright idea to smoke some weed. First of all I went back and forward wondering whether you were "allowed" to smoke weed before a general anesthetic (doesn't tell you in any of the pamphlets). Then I thought screw it and rolled myself a large fatty. Instant regret. Instant worry and paranoia (I'm doing what tomorrow? I have what? Oh my god!) and on top of that, the most intense munchies I've ever experienced along with the knowledge that I couldn't satisfy them, despite having kitchen cupboards full of the kind of goodies I would normally shovel into my gob with a backhoe after having a smoke. 

The sooner they invent those little molecule sized nanotechnology robots which are injected into your body and set about repairing it from the inside with the minimum of fuss that I read about in a breathless book about the emerging age of nanotechnology in 1991, the better. Surgery sucks. Sounds like you're OK though. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 09:45:25 (permalink)
    All that agony and you didn't even start to see totem animals or anything? Where's all your spiritualism gone??
    I'm very glad you're OK!!

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 10:43:18 (permalink)
    Good to hear you have been fixed Dave, sorry to hear you went on such a painful ride.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 13:02:58 (permalink)
    sorry to hear you had such a rough week your health, Dave.  grateful you're doing OK now.  

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Mesh
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 14:00:06 (permalink)
    Very glad to hear you're ok Dave......wow, what an ordeal. Will you have to prepare all over again for that original procedure?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 14:02:59 (permalink)
    Get well Dave.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 14:29:02 (permalink)
    blimey! best wishes dave

just a sec

Just Another Bloke
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 861
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 16:31:56 (permalink)
    Heh heh. Dave *almost* said BECAN.

Glad you're back and on the mend Dave.
    henkejs
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 489
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 16:56:57 (permalink)
    Hope you're feeling much better, Dave. And thanks for the story.

A few of my songs

SONAR Platinum, Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.
    raisindot
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 21:09:53 (permalink)
    Great story, but as a colonoscopy survivor, I was never told that I needed to fast 24 hours before the procedure. I was told to eat a broth/soup dinner the night before and to drink a last drink of water six hours before the procedure. 

The worst thing about colonoscopies is the week of prep in advance. The procedure itself is nothing--I slept through the whole thing and walked out the door 15 minutes after it was over. 
    dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/14 21:43:48 (permalink)

For those who have never seen it, Dave Barry's piece on getting a colonoscopy is about the funniest thing you're likely to ever read.  Most highly recommended (and required reading if you are in line for your very first experience in this area).  Read it here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html
    JohnKenn
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 01:25:12 (permalink)
    Just a bump to remind Bit to cut down on the BECAN. Was part of the cause for clogged arteries in the first place.

Colonoscopy survivors need to keep a good wide spectrum probiotic in the diet twice to three times daily for a minimum 2 weeks after the ordeal. Multi bacterial strain yogurt with live cultures (couple tablespoons at a shot) cheaper than the pills.

As raisin testified, the prep is way worse than the procedure and really screws up physical balance for a long time.

Thing about the colonoscopy. The intestinal cysts often develop under the flogging of nitrate metabolites from meat processing, erupting into the polyps that are pre-cancerous. Other causes of course. Can't blame a cannibal lifestyle on everything that goes wrong in the physical structure over time.

The nodules percolate around for decades before going ballistic, until you are one day crapping blood and the doc tells you you are in stage 4 colon cancer and about to drop dead. As much as a drag as it is subjecting yourself to a colonoscopy, they go in there with scissors on a camera and remove the polyps before certain death is ordained. Regrettably one of the easiest cures that too few take advantage of until it is too late.

John

emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 06:52:33 (permalink)
    Bit, good going and way to hang in there. I've had both open heart surgery (just like you, I  got kicked out of line while more emergent cases took cuts in front of me!) And a couple of colonoscopies*. Good on you for getting through it in style.

*Pictures are available in the lobby

Cheers, 
    -Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    FCCfirstclass
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 969
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 15:31:11 (permalink)
    jyoung60
    Whoa....  glad to hear you came through ok.  Man, that's a nasty trip.

But I really laughed too much at:
    bitflipper

Been there!

Two balls, no strikes.

Glad you are doing OK.  

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
    bitflipper
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 17:12:31 (permalink)
    There's an upside: I can't lift anything until the incision heals (apparently, if it rips I bleed to death). Got a gig tonight so my bandmates will be carrying in my gear for me. He-he.

Downside: I still haven't had the colonoscopy, so have that to look forward to.

Downside: the bill for all this will be in the several thousands of dollars. Go ahead and laugh, everybody in Canada, France, Germany, UK, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Cuba and the rest of the civilized world. I was just going to blow that money on food, rent and sample libraries anyway.

My Stuff
    Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 17:19:50 (permalink)
    Quite a ride there Dave. Glad you're ok now. If you ever want to hear it I could tell you about the last two years of sheer hell I've been through. Probably wouldn't make anyone feel better, other than to say we're similar in a few ways. My problems weren't heart related but man...what a ride. 

Growing old sucks big time. Enjoy what life you have while you still have it.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

backwoods
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2571
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 17:46:53 (permalink)
    so glad you are still alive and kicking bitflipper! thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for the thousands of insights and ideas you have contributed over the years also. I've learnt a hell of a lot from you

JohnKenn
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/15 18:04:31 (permalink)
    Bit,

Good to know you found a perk in the ordeal and are on the mend.

The part about the bill just makes me sick.

Over a long time in the health field, I got used to death and disease and all kinds of hopeless situations. You can't lose compassion but can't get personally involved for survival. The one thing I never got numb to was the economic outrage. From behind the lines, you see all the dirt and how the system looks at you. The docs and nurses if they haven't hit terminal burnout are there for you and carry some level of an ideal. White collar level up only cares about the dollar and doesn't give a damn if a week stay in the ICU will bankrupt you.

Some may remember awhile back there was a televised debate, couple big wig govt reps from Canada and the US debating the merits of our respective healthcare systems. US claimed the best state of the art that money can buy and potential long waits Canadians may be subject to. Canada replied, what about those who can't afford the care. Our idiot reply was that this was not the issue. The issue was that if you did have the money, you could buy a better product. As a Yank, I watched as our asses were stomped without a wipe.

Most hospitals have to do some percentage of "charity" work which helps their image with the public. Means they have financial assistance plans for those who meet criteria. Follow this up with discharge planning to get you headed in the right direction if you haven't already done this. You might get them to foot part of or all of the bill.

Another option at least used to be to send in 25 or so dollars a month on the bill and think of it as your insurance premium because you can always go back as the total goes astronomical. After a couple years minimal payments some organizations just write off the balance as a loss. Blood out of a turnip thing.

Best of luck on the financial battle.

John

bitflipper
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/17 02:01:54 (permalink)
    Starise
    Growing old sucks big time. 

"Old age ain't no place for sissies"
    - Bette Davis

I've got lots of gripes about our healthcare system, but every time I've left a hospital stay I came away thinking "nurses rock!". Not many people could deal with human misery every single day - up close and (sometimes extremely) personal - and still give you a smile and laugh at your lame jokes. Respect.

My Stuff
    sharke
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/17 05:32:06 (permalink)
    I have to say, apart from the cost, the quality of the hospitals in the US is second to none. I'm speaking as someone with experience of the NHS in Britain, anyway. My experiences in New York hospitals were real eye openers. As for waiting times....well, when I found out I'd be paying thousands for my melanoma surgery, I made inquiries back home about how long I'd expect to wait on the NHS and was told that wait times of 10-12 weeks were possible, even though I'd been told by the specialist that unless I had it removed within 6 weeks it could spread to my lymph system. So I thought screw that, went to NYU hospital, had a meeting with the surgeon and asked him how soon I could have it done. He said "when are you next free?" 

I would have thought nothing of spending twice that money on a car, and I bet there are people who would have thought nothing of spending it on a widescreen TV. Saving my life was a pretty good purchase IMO. They were pretty good about the fee too, offering me all kinds of slow payment plans. I told them I'd rather just pay upfront in cash (I had no insurance at the time) and the surgeon very generously slashed his fee in half when he heard this. Great bloke. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/17 15:07:54 (permalink)
    bitflipper
    Starise
    Growing old sucks big time. 

"Old age ain't no place for sissies"
    - Bette Davis

I've got lots of gripes about our healthcare system, but every time I've left a hospital stay I came away thinking "nurses rock!". Not many people could deal with human misery every single day - up close and (sometimes extremely) personal - and still give you a smile and laugh at your lame jokes. Respect.

My cousin Brenda is a nurse. She posted something on Facebook a few days ago (yeah, I'm on FB), something like "during the 23 hours and 55 minutes the doctor is not in your room, it's nurses who take care of you". So true.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    TheMaartian
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2774
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/17 16:40:16 (permalink)
    I feel for you, Dave. Been there. Done that. Got no t-shirt.

I developed Crohn's in the Army. A couple of years later, still in the hospital, my intestine perforated and started pumping waste into places it wasn't supposed to go. Good thing I was already in the hospital when it happened. That cost me 45 cm of ileum, the ileocecal valve, the cecum, and 3 cm of colon. Happy to have lived through that.

And then this...thanks to an ex-wife who didn't know how to deal with a vasovagal syncopy seizure. The witch (previous word censored by forum bot) called 911. All she had to do was lay me flat. If you could read my mind in the picture, you'd know her days were numbered.

And let's not forget the bleeding-like-a-stuck-pig thing when the IV needle thingy started by the EMTs in the Bambulance didn't mate with the IVs used in the ER.

I just remembered the one upside. The cardiologist who ran my stress test the next day told me to get off the machine, that I was boring. I was already in the top 3% and didn't feel like I was working at all. I was wondering when the actual test was going to start. So that was good news!

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
    Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
    PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
    Keni
    Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5769
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/17 16:42:02 (permalink)
    Quite the ordeal!

I'm glad to hear you've come through it all ok. Amazing how far we can stretch ourselves when need be.

I hope you heal quickly and the colonoscopy comes and goes fast and well!

Keni Fink
    Keni - Facebook
    Deep Space Records
    http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
    http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
    Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
    Anderton
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/18 00:29:51 (permalink)
    Hopefully you'll find everything is fine, and all that drama around the colonoscopy was for nothing   

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/18 02:04:01 (permalink)
    don't forget when you give you the oscopy .. they film it.. ask for the dvd.. ;-)
    if only I had known!!

my mum had an op , and they used it /her for a training dvd.. which was a good thing, as they couldn't "muck up"

I actually fought the people trying to put me under, I was told later... and took ages to wake up.
    I do remember the fasting and having to only it boring rubbish to clear out my system a week before.
    dunno if you have the "barium" thing there, or they still do it.. thats err not great either.

I know someone on the radio had stents etc and they were saying you have to be alert for such things and they stop your heart etc. for some procedures very briefly.

I've had one friend who is mid 40's.. maybe 5-6 years ago , he wouldn't be here due to the advances in things.

with time I forgot my op, pretty much.. but the fasting bit, being a diabetic now is a bit trickier.. I didn't take my tablet for a blood test one morning.. I was like a drunk walking up to the place, until I got my food / tablet.

there has been a series on iplayer called "surgeons" and some of the stuff they do is "wow" these days.

bitflipper
    Re: It's true: after the 3rd day you're not hungry anymore 2018/02/19 15:52:22 (permalink)
    Somebody once turned on their smartphone's audio recorder and left it recording during his colonoscopy. He was shocked by the banter that went on while medical professionals stuck things up his bum. I considered trying that, but there were no pockets on the hospital gown they gave me.

Speaking of diabetes, 12 years ago I was diabetic, too. Insulin injections 4 times a day, bland food, poking my fingers, sudden crashes. I still have little sensation in the soles of my feet, from neuropathy caused by the diabetes. The good news is that I am no longer diabetic, haven't been for 12 years. The key was weight loss, nearly 100 pounds.

That weight loss didn't come easy. It entailed many months of suffering, and it was far from a linear progression. But today I am only 20 lb. away from what the charts say is my ideal weight, still dropping and haven't gained any of it back in more than a year.

Turns out, the key is not calorie restriction as we've been told our whole lives. I proved that by managing to somehow still gain weight on a 1,000 calorie per day diet. The real key is insulin control. Insulin makes you fat, not calories. And what do they give Type II diabetics to deal with their disease? Insulin.

BTW, my bible is this book

My Stuff
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1