I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer.

Author
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
2017/07/28 18:38:43 (permalink)

I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer.

This should be simple...but it seems that many times after updating SPLAT it reverts back to a display state I don't want.

I have one view at a time...full screen...when I'm working.  I'm mostly in Track View but have to occasionally pop into the PRV or Console view.  I also want them to be full screen when they pop up.  I don't know anything about screen sets or "lenses" and, frankly, after looking up these in the online help screens I still don't really understand them.  

I just want each view to open up in full screen mode when I activate it.

Can someone who is not a dumbass like me explain how to do this  AND MAKE IT STICK??

I promise I'll write it down for the inevitable time I'll have to fix it again.

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.

4 Replies Related Threads

paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer. 2017/07/29 11:15:57 (permalink)
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking ol' pal, but if you open console view in multidock, undock it, maximise to full screen and then press "D" to  show / hide that will get you more or less there, plus if you then add PRV view for example that will be added to the MD window in another tab. 
    interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer. 2017/07/29 12:23:42 (permalink)
    You can possibly create custom screensets and give them meaningful names. How you make these stick is another story. You can reconfigure the key bindings to go with your new names too. B shows/hides the explorer/plug-in selection from the sides.

Sometimes this is where a second display comes in handy. Tracks on one screen and monitoring tools on the other.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    AllanH
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer. 2017/07/31 12:33:19 (permalink)
    I use the keyboard short cuts '1' and '3' combined with having the PRV chosen in the multi-dock to achieve something along the lines of what you're asking (I think)

Sonar Platinum, EWHO/D, Spitfire, Miroslav, Pianoteq, ....,  Kurzweil.
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: I've asked this before...but this time I promise to write down the answer. 2017/08/01 12:34:45 (permalink)
    If you have the Console in the MD, all you need to do is press Shirt+D. That will open the MD full size like the TV. Then just pressing D will close it and pressing D again will open it again in full size.

However, ever since Drum Replacer came out, this setting will not stick. IOW, everytime you double click on a midi clip to open it PRV, or double click a clip to open in Loop Editor, or do anything that automatically opens in the MD, it will always open small. ie: Not full size. And you will have to press Shift+D to get CV back full size again.

I and others complained of the change but it was stated that this new behavior is as intended.

I still don't like this behavior, but have adapted to it.
    post edited by Grem - 2017/08/01 13:26:36

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1