"Jester's Drama" (New Song, Critique Please)

Author
Call_Me_Don
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
2005/04/14 13:41:57 (permalink)

"Jester's Drama" (New Song, Critique Please)

Jester's Drama

Please critique. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I tried adding some effects to this one.

Thanks

Don

HS2XL - Yahama DGX500 - Tascam US122

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/ivorymanmusic.htm

My Inspirations : Yanni, Elton John, Depeche Mode, ATC, Pink Floyd, Rush, and of course....DREAM THEATER.

1 Reply Related Threads

bmxplosive
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 369
    RE: "Jester's Drama" (New Song, Critique Please) 2005/04/14 15:44:57 (permalink)
    Hi Don,

Interesting production. My critiques are...

There doesn't seem to be any low end except for the kick. The kick does sound good, as I can feel it turned up, and I can hear it at a low volume. If there is a bass in the tune I couldn't hear it. A bass sound would fill out the low end nicely with a little complementary EQ with the kick. Also the drums seemed a little distant (maybe not quite loud enough, and up front enough...unless this is what you are going for). Possibly try some compression or a few db boosts to get them up there a little. I think the sounds are creative but because it is so long it kind of gets boring with no lyrics. I could see it working nice or a video game or media implemented song, though. I did like the change at about 2:40, but then it went back into the main riff/beat and was there a long time again.

I'm not sure if this is going to have lyrics or not, but some vocals would be really nice with it. You have good talent with the synths. I would just try to throw in a few subtle things here and there to keep the listener's attention if it's going to be an instrumental.

Cheers,

Brandon
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1