Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news...

Author
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
2018/02/23 18:17:56 (permalink)

Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news...

On monday I'll be taking delivery of a new killer diller DAW built by our ol pal Jim Roseberry replacing the killer diller DAW he built for me  eleventeen years or so ago.  I'm super stoked and, as fate would have it, have a project I'll need to complete soon after it arrives.  My existing DAW has a major...but goofy...problem which not even Microsoft has been able to fix.  Every time Win10 updates to the latest version it kills my internet and when I revert back to the previous version I get my internet back but within minutes it starts updating again.  Super fun.

Anywhoo...Jim says that my new DAW will be so fast that I'll be able to actually go back in time to when I had hair.  So, there's that.  

But my question is:  Is there still somewhere I can download and install the latest version of Sonar from??  

Now I see that some BandLab or some such has bought Cake...kinda, sorta...but I need to get SPLAT on the new machine pronto for some actual paying work.

Is that still doable????

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news... 2018/02/23 18:25:48 (permalink)
    Nothing has changed. Cakewalk Command Center is still the easiest way to install and activate SONAR. If you used the Command Center on the old machine; the installers may still be in the download cache. Copy them into the download cache on the new machine and you will not need to download from the servers. The default download cache is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads."

The installers should still be in your account if you prefer the manual route. The activation method has not changed.
    RajahP
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news... 2018/02/23 18:31:08 (permalink)
    scook
    Nothing has changed. Cakewalk Command Center is still the easiest way to install and activate SONAR. If you used the Command Center on the old machine; the installers may still be in the download cache. Copy them into the download cache on the new machine and you will not need to download from the servers. The default download cache is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads."

The installers should still be in your account if you prefer the manual route. The activation method has not changed.

So when can we upgrade (buy) the latest version?
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news... 2018/02/23 18:37:14 (permalink)
    Don't know. It will be free, at least according to the information below from http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3730905
    meng
    I quickly wanted to address a key concern I saw in and amongst the threads so far and immediately reassure everyone that even though the suite of Cakewalk & SONAR products is now within a new company, our steadfast goal is that former SONAR owners (of all versions) will not need to spend any money to cross-over/cross-grade to the future flagship product.

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Just dropped by to ask a question and have seen the news... 2018/02/23 20:53:37 (permalink)
    OL Pal when you get your new machine do as scook has said and copy all the files from your old machine to the new machines Command center download folder. The catch there is you will first of course have to download and install Command center to create said folder. 
    Then you run CCC and make all the lights go green. If your like me you won't bother with some of the stuff like the Big Fish they are offering.. I have no need for fish unless it was smoked Salmon which is good with beer.  
    If any of the stuff in your CCC download folder is out dated CCC will just download the new file so you need not worry.
    Using the old files makes the whole installation process go way faster as you not sitting there waiting for the paint to dry while files download. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1