Just getting started and getting no where.

Author
Gabe1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/01/29 18:14:42 (permalink)

Just getting started and getting no where.

I am new to recording scene and i am allready about to throw this labtob out the window. The Manual isnt user freindly. I just want to record my acoustic guitar. I keep the audio drive message saying i havent selected a input/output therefore i wont be able to hear anything.

7 Replies Related Threads

wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/01/29 20:58:04 (permalink)
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=316884

read through this....it's just a few topics below us right now. this is the most common issue at install, my advice would be to ok on whatever to get that screen that pops up gone - goto OPTIONS - AUDIO - ADVANCED and check what your driver settings are....for your reference, my PC llists my sound card as using WMD drivers but it didn't work until I told it to use MME...go figure

hope this gets you going
    millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/01/29 22:18:42 (permalink)
    Directly from Cakewalk / Music Creator / Support / FAQ

Every time I start Music Creator, I get the message ‘’You have not selected any MIDI outputs”

1. Select ‘Choose MIDI Outputs Now’ or go to Options | MIDI Devices
    2. In the Outputs box, select the MIDI hardware you wish to use as your output and press ‘Move Selected Devices to Top’. (In most cases, you will only see one output selection in addition to ‘Microsoft MIDI Mapper’. Microsoft MIDI Mapper cannot be used as an output. If this is your only selection, or you are not seeing any output selections at all, please move on to the FAQ topic “I can’t see my Audio or MIDI hardware in Music Creator” below)
    3. Click OK.
    Gabe1
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/02/01 16:38:47 (permalink)
    I tried what you said and when restarted the program back, it has a box with the name of my sound card and says that its not supported/or is being shared with another program(Disable/Use anyway) I went to a music store and the dude tried to seel me a 100$ interface. Do I have to buy an interface or do i need to get another sound card?
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/02/01 18:24:24 (permalink)
    One of the issues that make this a challenge on a laptop, is the fact that many of the sound cards are not up to the job. Some Lappys come with Half duplex cards, that is not going to get it, and others just plain do not work.

One has about three options with a laptop, a PC/MCIA slot card or a USB or Firewire interface. (interface = sound card) either way it can work. Right now if you do a little shopping around you might find a closeout deal on line.

Having said that It still could be a little glitch in the setup.

Tell me what it says under options/audio playback and record, also find out what driver mode you are using, something else may be hogging that driver and you need to switch to another options.

Let us know and we might be able to help.

Oh and $100 that is not bad for a good interface, but tell us what it was first before buying anything, we might save you from flinging it out the window as well
    post edited by Robomusic - 2006/02/01 18:29:38

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Gabe1
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/02/02 14:49:50 (permalink)
    I am getting an audio drive error. Under options/audio playback and record is Sigma Tel Audio. I also have a DVD rom on this labtob. I dont know how to check the driver mode as you mentioned. Thanks for wisdom and guidance.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/02/02 15:03:09 (permalink)
    the DVD rom will not be the problem, an audio driver error usually is because the driver is in use somewhere else, try changing to the WDM drivers and then re run the wave profiler. In that mode you will have to use a softsynth to hear midi but we can go over that later, now just get audio working.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    MichaelMc
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Just getting started and getting no where. 2006/02/03 23:27:23 (permalink)
    Thanks Wickerman, that suggestion worked for me, I was beginning to think I would never hear anything out of this thing.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1