Kensington Expert Mouse replacement? Or other recs

Author
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
2010/12/31 17:57:25 (permalink)

Kensington Expert Mouse replacement? Or other recs

Hi-

I've used Kensington Expert Mouse trackballs for years and loved them. I'm on my second, which has lasted about 5 yrs I think, but the rubber is starting to flake off the scroll wheel at a rather alarming rate & it's becoming hard to turn it.

The only thing I've missed is a true middle mouse button (I can "chord" to get the effect, but it's not the same).

I've been offered as a belated XMas gift a chance to replace it and before I go with another EMT I thought I'd ask here what you guys use & recommend.

I'm leaning towards another trackball because I have limited desk surface space & it's so darn comfortable (no wrist fatigue, ever).

Suggestions?

TIA!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64

2 Replies Related Threads

xiwix
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re:Kensington Expert Mouse replacement? Or other recs 2011/01/02 00:32:13 (permalink)
    I think you gotta stick with what you are used to.  Relearning muscle moves in addition to software - who needs that?   And you seem to have an ergonomic balance with the trackball that's important.

I am locked in to the wacom pen tablet on the right and mouse on the left.  I have replaced the mouse a couple of times and I take the time to find one that fits well with my left hand and the wacom tablet is a 10+ year old 1st gen.

I can't imagine editing in sound forge without the pen+mouse combo.

Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    Re:Kensington Expert Mouse replacement? Or other recs 2011/01/03 01:41:48 (permalink)
    Hi xiwix-

Yes, I agree it's probably a good idea to stick with the tried & true. I am considering the Kensington Slimblade Trackball though, since it does away with the scroll wheel altogether (the ball *is* the wheel).

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1