Keyboard - USB issues.

Author
timothyepperhart
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2005/06/10 23:23:53 (permalink)

Keyboard - USB issues.

Let me fully explain my situation, ok. I just bought a brand new Casio Keyboard, and I had to go to wal mart for the USB port to hook into the back of my computer. I've been using Cakewalk since February just fine until I installed the CASIO EMI-USB-CDROM-W1 disc for windows.

Now all I'm getting from Cakewalk when I press record is the keyboard starts a metronome and it seems that the microphone doesn't get any sound. Also, I should note that instead of having one line it has two when I press stop, an orange line above and a blue line below when I press the record button.

I'm absolutely confused on what I should do and I have no idea what i've done! None of my recording programs will work, and none of them will record any sound from my mic. The only thing it does now is when I turn on my keyboard, and the USB cable is hooked into the computer from the keyboard, is that it makes a noise when I turn it on, and when I turn in off, from the computer speakers.

Please, please help me.

Thank you.

Timothy S. Epperhart
http://www.soundclick.com/timothysepperhart

1 Reply Related Threads

timothyepperhart
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Keyboard - USB issues. 2005/06/10 23:41:33 (permalink)
    Just for your technical reference:

1, I'm on a Gateway computer and i'm running Windows XP.

2, My "sound card" is [assumably] Soundmax Digital Audio.

3, When the pop-up from Music Creator came up asking "What midi output do you wish to use" - I clicked on the one that looked obvious to me, seeing as how I never had anything MIDI before, this never was a problem so I clicked the one I thought represented my keyboard as an input. (takes a deep breath)

If there's anything that i've missed here, just tell me so I can fix the problem. The idea here is to help you help me fix my problem.

Thanks again.

Timothy S. Epperhart
    http://www.soundclick.com/timothysepperhart
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1