Kharma ...

Author
Moshkiae
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6111
2010/07/22 18:48:19 (permalink)

Kharma ...

Hi,

On the news wire ... Cowell sued for millions by 'humiliated' talent show contestant ...

It's about time. I have no issues with someone saying that they don't like something but insulting someone on tv in front of a lot of people ... needs to get nailed sooner or later!

And because of the disability, he's going to get nailed!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

7 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/22 21:30:03 (permalink)
    I thought they had all those people sign waivers first.... they'd be plain dumb not to.... and then I'm sure the ones who get shown on TV get paid for their public humiliation.

Of course...ask any lawyer and they will tell you that a contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/22 22:21:51 (permalink)
    Hi,

The majority of "wavers" are just a piece of paper to scare people that have no idea what legal/legalese is.

The main reason why "eula's" are worthless? They are not published and most companies change them whenever they feel like it so they can make themselves "right" and the individual person "wrong".

When it comes to stage and theater and film, this stuff is sensitive. But people that are on tv that live on nothing but ego and megalomania, sooner or later are going to get it back. All it takes is one, to make it through and his tv career is over! I wouldn't want to see that, but I do think that he has done enough ... and been mean enough to many others ... when there is no need to be mean!

I don't like seeing him get hurt, but then ... he sure doesn't seem to care much when he simply wants to trash someone! So, if he's man enough take the hit baby! ... and good luck!

But making fun of a disability and more ... is what's gonna get him! That is a complete lack of respect and sensitivity -- specially for someone trying their very heart out!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/23 07:04:44 (permalink)
    Kharma?

How do you feel about evolution?

Oh well, I'm still wondering how your critique relates to kharma.

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/23 08:35:11 (permalink)
    So...will it come back to Simon? ................A  "what goes around comes around" sort of thing?   I think not.

Sure the press will make hay while the sun shines for ratings, but ultimately, Simon will pay the person an "undisclosed settlement" (probably pretty small bucks too)  to make them go away... I think he should tell them to take a hike, but to show he's not mean he'll pay them a small amount to let them say they won.  All the person is seeking is money and fame.....after all, why else would you be a contestant on American Idol. A sharp judge should throw the suit out after hearing the merits of the case.  Life will go on.

In the end, Simon will walk away and probably keep his "mean boy" image, although a bit softened, and use the event as a stepping stone to make millions more doing the same thing....... again.

Heck, some of the comments people have made about the music I write and submit have been downright mean and cruel to me... saying it sounds too.... dare I say it? ...."synthy" in parts...........oh the pain and humiliation of those comments, just plain mean if you ask me............ maybe I can sue some of those smart a$$ music moguls.....hummmmmmmmm
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/07/23 08:38:28

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    UbiquitousBubba
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/23 09:16:14 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker

Heck, some of the comments people have made about the music I write and submit have been downright mean and cruel to me... saying it sounds too.... dare I say it? ...."synthy" in parts...........

That sounds like a TOS violation to me...
    Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/23 10:11:04 (permalink)
     it sounds too.... dare I say it? ...."synthy" in parts...........

... INSTANT KHARMA Perhaps ? ...

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Kharma ... 2010/07/23 20:11:06 (permalink)
    Kharma doesn't care about games. Talent shows are games. Kharma deals with the life and death actions of individuals on a much more "basic" level of existance. Judging a show and contestants that has been roughly put together,? I don't think that will envoke Kharma.

Craig DuBuc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1