Kiss The Flame [New]

Author
Metaphasic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
2011/09/06 17:09:26 (permalink)

Kiss The Flame [New]

Kiss The Flame - A song about ending it all.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11024949

Ok, now, rip it apart. =D

8 Replies Related Threads

BENZOFOG
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/06 22:50:29 (permalink)
    I got a very 80's vibe I liked your idea your mix was good I wont rip the drum parts In my opinion if your wanting a digital sound (electric sounding set) you should add more tweaks to your drums...If it was me I would stay with the old digital sounding in this recording...But your vocals! I understood some of the words but alot of them were muddy...Remember! Vocals are the key to a great song! If your vocals are not right out there like the singer could just punch you in the chin then no one will ever be scared!!! Think of your vocals like a fight!!! lol I know. You want everyone to be scared of your vocals because they can't figure how you got them sounding so freaking good...I think you have a really cool song here work on those vocals to get them just out there for that great story your telling and post it again...
    Danny
    Metaphasic
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/07 07:39:54 (permalink)
    Thanks! I think for the most part, I've stopped trying to make production material. I don't know enough drum theory to make a good drum track. This one was authored with the "only two hands" mentality. As far as the vocals go, that's as good as it's ever going to get with me personally. I'm looking around locally for a singer but having very little luck. The important thing for me I think is in getting the general "idea" across.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/07 11:05:09 (permalink)
    The music was good.... the vocals not so much. 

The levels were too low and it was 100% auto-tuned. I could not understand a single word. 

As Benzo pointed out the words and singing are generally the whole reason for the song in the first place. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/07 14:08:26 (permalink)
    More or less inclined to echo Danny and Herb's comments.  Nice tune, good track, but the vocals are just not cutting it.  Consider getting a vocalist to do it, and I could hear this as a female lead if you know anyone.  The other alternative would be to work on your singing or consider vocal training.  You've posted some good tunes, and you want to be able to show them in the best possible light.

jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/07 15:41:25 (permalink)
    The stuff is quite good, has a a good sound. But the mix is a mess and you sing like you don't want to disturb the sleeping baby in the next room! No oomph, pizzazz or interest, to be honest.
    Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/07 20:47:50 (permalink)
    Actually ---- I like this one. 
    Good lyrics, instrumentation, and overall sound.  I won't comment on the mix because the guys previously commenting certainly know their way around a DAW and I'm only guessing when I get on one.  However, to me the vocals aren't that far off.  I am not a big fan of what to me has evolved into too many vocalist overselling the vocals, especially when the song really requires more of an interpretation or style rather that volume.  The theme and lyrics (and melody) set up a very pensive mood for the song and IMHO that does not require the vocalist to be screaming at you.  Having said that --- all together the instrumentation has some volume and power and the vocals you are using are buried by that.  So a touch of kicking up the volume wouldn't hurt.  They could also use a bit more inflection or emotion, while not loosing that pensive feel.
    Cool song.

Freddy J
    Metaphasic
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/08 10:47:39 (permalink)
    The problem is that I live in a backwoods town in NC, at a trailer park with nothing but decaying old people, who listen only to gospel. I have honestly tried finding somebody to sing for me, but I can't. And since I'm nearly tone deaf, my vocals absolutely need the pitch correction. One of these days I'll post something without it so you'll understand. I've always been disheartened by my voice because I have so many great songs I'd love to share, but I'm always so shy about even singing them, much less posting them.
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Kiss The Flame [New] 2011/09/08 18:09:25 (permalink)
    i like this, it's kinda goth-lite, i guess, in that 80s style. the massive pads and verb give this cathedral-like proportions. i could hear the vocals fine, but i guess i am used to deciphering difficult vocals (being a metal-head)...great Cure/SOM influences, i guess Scott from Alice Sweet Alice (on/off contributor here) would love this. it's all excellently played, mix sounds fine here...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1