Helpful ReplyKomplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS!

Author
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
2017/06/16 20:37:10 (permalink)

Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS!

Having told myself I didn't need Komplete for every version of it so far, I finally folded when my local retailer offered what seemed a no brainer deal of Komplete Select with K11 upgrade bundle, so I came home armed with a USB stick installer for Select and a HD for the upgrade. Great, I thought, this should be easy enough......... 

Except it isn't  -  my DAW pc is offline and it seems that despite having physical media it's still not possible to install without being hooked up to the www. Not good for many reasons IMO, but mostly because the pc was specifically built to be offline, so I can't connect even if I want to.

So, having opened the USB package I either have to bite the cost of that and forget it and hopefully get a refund on the unopened upgrade HD or I presumably have to buy some form of USB thingy to facilitate wifi connectivity :(

So, the question is either...

a) Bearing in mind that this would be a one off as far as I am concerned, if I buy a USB wifi thingy, can I just buy the cheapest thing I can find or are there things that I need to consider?

b) Does anyone in the UK want to buy and an unused/ unregistered Komplete Select + Komplete upgrade?

EDIT: 21/6/17 ignore above.....Title remains the same, but different issue. See post #25
post edited by paulo - 2017/06/21 19:09:14
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 16:39:46 (permalink)
paulo
Having told myself I didn't need Komplete for every version of it so far, I finally folded when my local retailer offered what seemed a no brainer deal of Komplete Select with K11 upgrade bundle, so I came home armed with a USB stick installer for Select and a HD for the upgrade. Great, I thought, this should be easy enough......... 

Except it isn't  -  my DAW pc is offline and it seems that despite having physical media it's still not possible to install without being hooked up to the www. Not good for many reasons IMO, but mostly because the pc was specifically built to be offline, so I can't connect even if I want to.

So, having opened the USB package I either have to bite the cost of that and forget it and hopefully get a refund on the unopened upgrade HD or I presumably have to buy some form of USB thingy to facilitate wifi connectivity :(

a) Bearing in mind that this would be a one off as far as I am concerned, if I buy a USB wifi thingy, can I just buy the cheapest thing I can find or are there things that I need to consider?

b) Does anyone in the UK want to buy and an unused/ unregistered Komplete Select + Komplete upgrade?

That will work.  Did you check NI support if they offer offline authorization.  In this day of age it's going to be a challenge to keep a DAW completely offline.  I'm not sure there are any advantages to it either.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 17:13:09 (permalink)
kitekrazy1
paulo

That will work.  Did you check NI support if they offer offline authorization.  In this day of age it's going to be a challenge to keep a DAW completely offline.  I'm not sure there are any advantages to it either.

Thanks for reply. I have asked NI, but there's asking and then there's getting an answer. Didn't even get an email confirming the support ticket request, which usually arrives promptly and a follow up email has not yet yielded an answer either. I did find a link to a file that they say has to be installed for offline installation, which I did, but there doesn't seem to be anything in it other than EULA's in various languages. There is no actual program to run that I can see.

It hasn't been too difficult to keep it offline- I just don't buy anything from vendors who insist on it - NI has always had the offline facility before and it's always worked fine, so I got caught out here in assuming that would still be the case. 

The online v offline debate has been done many times - all I can say is that until now I've never had one single problem with having an offline system (until now) and that alone is a good enough reason to keep it that way IMO.
Don't fix what isn't broken and all that.

LaszloZoltan
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 216
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 20:46:50 (permalink)
you might still hang onto it, even if you cant install now...it keeps you "in the club" so to speak and should enable a reduced price upgrade in the future for k12 etc....with k11u for me the only thing of interest or use is the FORM vst, so I would say you arent missing much right now - but of course that does depend on your genre or niche 
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 20:57:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby LaszloZoltan 2017/06/18 09:22:58
You can get a USB wifi dongle for $10 that works great.

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Computer-Network-Adapters/b/ref=dp_bc_5/146-4221932-3554169?ie=UTF8&node=13983791

But it's been my experience that hanging the wifi dongle off a USB extension cable away from the PC chassis will provide better connectivity to the hotspot.  The little micro adapters have no external antenna, and depending on where your chassis is setup it can make a difference in signal strength.

The cool thing about the wifi dongle is you can unplug it when you don't need to be online! 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 21:52:53 (permalink)
paulo
Not good for many reasons IMO, but mostly because the pc was specifically built to be offline, so I can't connect even if I want to
Ok not to harp on the obvious but, designing a DAW PC that has no way of connecting to a network was a mistake IMO. Especially in this day and age. 

But more to the point, what exactly do you mean that the PC was specifically built to be offline. I totally get not wanting WIFI on-board. But there are more ways to connect than just WIFI. I haven't shopped for motherboards in quite a while, but I don't remember the last time I saw a motherboard that didn't have an ethernet port built in. If its got an ethernet port, connecting to authorize software should be anything but impossible. 

There are several options if you've got an ethernet port. Not saying they'll be quick, easy and completely painless. But they also shouldn't require reinventing the wheel.

The first question is do you have broadband in the building somewhere?

If so, move the machine temporarily to where the broadband is, connect a network cable and Bob's your uncle. Or get yourself a big long network cable and run it down the hall when you need to authorize or update software. 

If possible, run CAT6 in the walls and install a port in the studio. Sounds hard but it often isn't. I wired the entire house with CAT6 myself when we bought it. And if doing network cable runs in the walls is really beyond your wheelhouse, look into a IP over power line solution. 

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/17 23:15:19 (permalink)
paulo's view of internet connectivity for a DAW

paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 09:39:06 (permalink)
abacab

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Computer-Network-Adapters/b/ref=dp_bc_5/146-4221932-3554169?ie=UTF8&node=13983791

But it's been my experience that hanging the wifi dongle off a USB extension cable away from the PC chassis will provide better connectivity to the hotspot.  The little micro adapters have no external antenna, and depending on where your chassis is setup it can make a difference in signal strength.

The cool thing about the wifi dongle is you can unplug it when you don't need to be online! 

Thanks abacab - I have seen the usb adapters on amazon, I just wondered if there was any reason not to buy a cheap one. Wifi works fine on my laptop in the same room, but I was thinking of maybe getting one with a removable antenna to be sure. It certainly won't be plugged on for long.

paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 09:55:30 (permalink)
JohanSebatianGremlin
paulo
Not good for many reasons IMO, but mostly because the pc was specifically built to be offline, so I can't connect even if I want to
Ok not to harp on the obvious but, designing a DAW PC that has no way of connecting to a network was a mistake IMO. Especially in this day and age. 

But more to the point, what exactly do you mean that the PC was specifically built to be offline. I totally get not wanting WIFI on-board. But there are more ways to connect than just WIFI. I haven't shopped for motherboards in quite a while, but I don't remember the last time I saw a motherboard that didn't have an ethernet port built in. If its got an ethernet port, connecting to authorize software should be anything but impossible. 

There are several options if you've got an ethernet port. Not saying they'll be quick, easy and completely painless. But they also shouldn't require reinventing the wheel.

The first question is do you have broadband in the building somewhere?

If so, move the machine temporarily to where the broadband is, connect a network cable and Bob's your uncle. Or get yourself a big long network cable and run it down the hall when you need to authorize or update software. 

If possible, run CAT6 in the walls and install a port in the studio. Sounds hard but it often isn't. I wired the entire house with CAT6 myself when we bought it. And if doing network cable runs in the walls is really beyond your wheelhouse, look into a IP over power line solution. 

Yes there is no wifi on board. Deliberately so. When the pc was built there were no vendors demanding online connections so for that and the other obvious reasons that we won't harp on about there really was no need for it given the other pc's in the house.

An ethernet port requires a cable long enough to reach the router. I probably could get a long enough one, but not really ideal having it trailing everywhere including up the stairs and moving the pc closer is not that easy either as it would involve moving a fair amount of other stuff too.

You'll have to forgive me also if I don't fancy re-wiring my house just to accommodate a software vendors new plan. 

I do understand that the problem is not insurmountable, just a PITA that there is no need for IMO.
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 09:59:38 (permalink)
bapu

Unnecessary loops with no benefit to me? Looks about right.
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 14:56:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby arlen2133 2017/06/21 21:24:02
Just get the cable, connect your PC, install Komplete, unplug the cable and put it away. No different to plugging in a vacuum cleaner really. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
JohanSebatianGremlin
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 15:15:07 (permalink)
paulo
You'll have to forgive me also if I don't fancy re-wiring my house just to accommodate a software vendors new plan. 

You don't have to rewire anything, with an IP over powerline solution you just have to plug in a couple of boxes. This gives you hardwired connectivity without the need to install ANY drivers or software on your system that isn't already there. 

Years ago I helped a friend build a new Protools machine for his studio. He had the same issue. Router was upstairs and studio was downstairs so he installed a wifi adapter. It was amazing how much trouble that caused and we both said never again.

Like it or not, here's the bottom line. Its not just one software vendors new plan. Its the way almost every vendor is going to be doing things moving forward.

Plus having a gigabit pipe on the machine opens up the door to things like network drives for bulk storage and automated online/off-site backup solutions. 

My studio machine is studio only. That's all it does so it has no other software on it. And while I do not use it to surf the web at random or anything like that, I could not dream of not having it connected. Installing patches and updates, doing backups, uploading finished projects for access outside the studio, and being able to search this forum for quick answers when I need to know how to do something I've never done before are all so handy, I'd feel impaired if I didn't have them available. That's me though, and as always, your mileage may vary. Cheers.

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

abacab
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 17:25:17 (permalink)
JohanSebatianGremlin

You don't have to rewire anything, with an IP over powerline solution you just have to plug in a couple of boxes. This gives you hardwired connectivity without the need to install ANY drivers or software on your system that isn't already there. 

I will add that the powerline ethernet adapters can be a great solution where wifi is not an option.  But it costs a little more than a wifi dongle.

I had good luck setting them up at my sister's house.  Throughput matched the broadband ISP speed on speedtest.

This is the only model I can vouch for.  Have not tested any others ...
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/PL1200.aspx

abacab
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 17:36:09 (permalink)
paulo
abacab

Thanks abacab - I have seen the usb adapters on amazon, I just wondered if there was any reason not to buy a cheap one. Wifi works fine on my laptop in the same room, but I was thinking of maybe getting one with a removable antenna to be sure. It certainly won't be plugged on for long.

Personally I use the Netgear dongle with the little dock and extension cable on my Windows desktop.  It costs a bit more, but I liked the flexibility of being able to move it around ($30).
https://www.amazon.com/NE...p;keywords=netgear+usb

The only downside I have found with the Netgear USB wifi, is that the chipset is from Broadcom and the drivers don't plug and play with Linux.

I discovered this when I was trying to boot another computer with Linux and couldn't get the network to connect with this adapter.

If you want an adapter that is cross platform, stick with chipsets from RaLink.  There may be others, but I got one for $10 from a brand called Panda that works on both systems.

paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/18 19:59:50 (permalink)
Thanks for all the suggestions.
JohanSebatianGremlin
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 12:21:42 (permalink)
sharke
Just get the cable, connect your PC, install Komplete, unplug the cable and put it away. No different to plugging in a vacuum cleaner really. 

That'd be the way I'd do it. My attitude is if you're going to have anything resembling a studio space in the house and you're going to record music in it, sooner or later, you're going to have 300ft of cable going up stairs and down hallways and out windows. 

My days of playing and engineering live are far behind me and most of the gear I used back then is thankfully long gone. But I still keep five or six 50ft XLR cables on the shelf because you never know when you'll need to mic something on the other side of house or out at back fence. Why should a network cable for updating the machine once in a while be any different?

MarioD
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 13:32:33 (permalink)
bapu

This is Internet activity!  This is the Windows 10 research and development department!

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 17:40:54 (permalink)
paulo
 Wifi works fine on my laptop in the same room

If your laptop also has Ethernet... connect it with your DAW computer (directly, last 20 years ethernet sockets are no longer picky about "cross" cables) and share laptop Internet connection with your PC.
The first link I googled (I have not tried exactly this):
http://www.countrymilewifi.com/how-to-share-computers-wifi-with-ethernet-devices.aspx

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 20:08:31 (permalink)
azslow3
paulo
 Wifi works fine on my laptop in the same room

If your laptop also has Ethernet... connect it with your DAW computer (directly, last 20 years ethernet sockets are no longer picky about "cross" cables) and share laptop Internet connection with your PC.
The first link I googled (I have not tried exactly this):
http://www.countrymilewifi.com/how-to-share-computers-wifi-with-ethernet-devices.aspx

Hmmm, I didn't know that was a thing that was possible. Sounds like it might be worth a try. Would this would also mean that the offline pc not having antivirus software (because I didn't need it) would not be an issue because it's on the laptop or is that too much to ask?
JohanSebatianGremlin
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 20:29:37 (permalink)
Honestly if all you're doing is connecting to a manufacturers website to authorize software and/or download product patches/updates, you don't need anti-virus regardless of how you connect. 

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 20:46:28 (permalink)
paulo
Hmmm, I didn't know that was a thing that was possible. Sounds like it might be worth a try. Would this would also mean that the offline pc not having antivirus software (because I didn't need it) would not be an issue because it's on the laptop or is that too much to ask?

Antivirus is only good for spotting local infected files. That is not network related, if you feel safe when you copy files from USB stick, network connection is not going to increase the risk.

For safety, disable (not enable) "Files and printers sharing" on that PC. But that is just a part of the following:
Not updated OS is potentially vulnerable for local (and only local!) network attacks. So if your Notebook or ANY other computer in your local (!) network (if not sure, temporarily switch them off)  is currently infected, you put your PC under risk. But if your laptop is the only computer in the local network and you are convinced it has no viruses, your PC is safe (even in case is has vulnerable OS version!).

There is one potentially problematic point: as soon as you connect the PC to the Internet, almost all programs (including Windows) will try to look for updates... It can happened something is "successful" with that activity, and as with any changes that can trigger instability. So make a complete backup or at least create windows restore point.

All that are paranoic pessimistic scenarios. If you ever connect an (even "empty"!) USB stick from clients/friends to that PC, the probability of "harmony destruction" is many times higher then from proposed network connection

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/19 21:25:41 (permalink)
azslow3
paulo

Antivirus is only good for spotting local infected files. That is not network related, if you feel safe when you copy files from USB stick, network connection is not going to increase the risk.

For safety, disable (not enable) "Files and printers sharing" on that PC. But that is just a part of the following:
Not updated OS is potentially vulnerable for local (and only local!) network attacks. So if your Notebook or ANY other computer in your local (!) network (if not sure, temporarily switch them off)  is currently infected, you put your PC under risk. But if your laptop is the only computer in the local network and you are convinced it has no viruses, your PC is safe (even in case is has vulnerable OS version!).

There is one potentially problematic point: as soon as you connect the PC to the Internet, almost all programs (including Windows) will try to look for updates... It can happened something is "successful" with that activity, and as with any changes that can trigger instability. So make a complete backup or at least create windows restore point.

All that are paranoic pessimistic scenarios. If you ever connect an (even "empty"!) USB stick from clients/friends to that PC, the probability of "harmony destruction" is many times higher then from proposed network connection

Yeah, I was thinking that I should turn off windows updates so that nothing OS wise gets "fixed" - It hasn't been updated since it was built and it works fine just the way it is and I don't want that to change, which is why I am so wary of putting it online.

I don't know how to be "sure" that the laptop doesn't have any infections - ESET scan always reports nothing, Malwarebytes always reports nothing and I've never experienced any problems with it, so.......?? 

Only one way to find out I guess, but I'm going to be soooooo freaking annoyed with NI if this goes pear-shaped.
abacab
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/20 01:22:05 (permalink)
If you use a router and/or broadband connection for your home network, you are not going to expose your local PC ports to the outside network.  The network addressing on the private network (NAT) prevents anything from directly connecting to your PC.

However, as mentioned, the problems could begin if your software invites trouble into your house.  Not that you're likely to get a malicious attack that way, rather just a normal update that goes sideways and rocks the boat.

Always use a good disk imaging plan for your system drive, before any major updates.  At least that way, you can restore the system software and settings back to the way that they were before.

paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/20 19:46:20 (permalink)
Thanks again to all.

I'm not going to do anything until the weekend, so I'll take the advice on board and see what happens then. 
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/21 19:06:00 (permalink)
OK, had a bit of unexpected time today so I tried azslow3's suggestion and that seems to work, Access updated itself and I could log in to my account ok and register Komplete Select serial no. So thank you azslow3.

Now could someone please explain why the ****** **** it now wants me to download all of the content when I already have the content on the usb installer that I bought, which I thought was the whole point of having it and please, please, please tell me that once I register the Komplete 11 upgrade that it's not going to ask me to download all of that when I have all 160GB of it (so it says)  on the included HD in the box ??

bjornpdx
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 759
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/22 13:52:30 (permalink)
I bought OTS Hollowbody Blues guitar recently and installed it.

When I tried to add it to the Kontakt library it appeared from the instructions that I had to download the whole library from NI even tho it was already installed.  I don't remember the exact sequence of events but I went ahead and clicked on Hollowbody Blues which was on a list on my Native Access account. I got the Activated message and no re-download was needed.

I'm waiting for my Komplete 11U disk. I hope the activation for that will be the same ie no re-downloads if I already have it installed.

Bjorn
soundcloud.com/orygun
www.bjornfredrickson.com
https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/22 19:02:13 (permalink)
Update: I have now managed to get Access to recognise the usb installer drive and it then shows the 17 things it contains that are not installed. Whichever one I select "install" for momentarily starts the process and then immediately...."Native Access has stopped working" followed by "windows is searching for a solution" followed by "windows is closing the program and will notify you if there is a solution" followed by .....nothing. Try again ..........same, try again........same. Access also lists 2 of my already installed products that can be updated, so I tried that......the update downloads and then when it starts to install........."native access has stopped working" !    Cue thread title.

Oh Paulo, stop being a dinosaur and just hook up your pc and let it do the install, it's a piece of cake, everyone does it this way now, blah, blah, blah............

Remind again why this is "easier"and "better" because I'm really not seeing it right now.

/rant
JohanSebatianGremlin
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/22 21:48:09 (permalink)
I would suspect that Komplete is expecting to see an OS and a DAW that are both up to date with the latest patches. Since you don't do updates, its obviously not going to find that on your machine. Not surprising that it might give you fits during the install then. 

I would say we're probably getting to the point where you can't go half way about it. Its either complete walled garden where you install everything, get it all running together, then take it offline and NEVER update or add any software unless/until you reformat and reinstall/update  everything. Or you feed it constant broadband and let everything update regularly. Trying to keep it in a walled garden just part time and updating only some of the software only some of the time is bound to cause headaches.

paulo
Re: Komplete 11 ------ Aaarrghhhh FFS! 2017/06/23 16:15:46 (permalink)

JohanSebatianGremlin
I would suspect that Komplete is expecting to see an OS and a DAW that are both up to date with the latest patches. Since you don't do updates, its obviously not going to find that on your machine. Not surprising that it might give you fits during the install then.

I would say we're probably getting to the point where you can't go half way about it. Its either complete walled garden where you install everything, get it all running together, then take it offline and NEVER update or add any software unless/until you reformat and reinstall/update everything. Or you feed it constant broadband and let everything update regularly. Trying to keep it in a walled garden just part time and updating only some of the software only some of the time is bound to cause headaches.

Which is why I have always steadfastly refused to buy software that cannot be authorised offline. I just got caught out this time because I thought I was safe with NI as I was always able to do offline authorisations before and apparently I still can with the other products just not this one. Having to be online to authorise the software is one thing, but I really can't see the point in not even being able to install the product without a www connection when I have physical media. It's ridiculous. NI support seems to be equally hopeless now. I explained the crashing problem to them and they have just marked the support ticket as closed without any kind of answer.

Cue title again.
post edited by paulo - 2017/06/24 11:04:01
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1