Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp FTW

Author
Eddie TX
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1104
2015/04/28 23:20:42 (permalink)

Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp FTW

Hi folks,

Those of you who use bass amp plugins may want to try a new product from Kuassa, known for their virtual guitar amps and other plugins.  I've tried a bunch of other bass amp sims with varying degrees of success -- Amplitube Ampeg, Softube Bass Amp Room, Overloud Mark 2, Guitar Rig, Studio Devil, Audiffex GK, etc.  The Kuassa Cerberus is giving me sounds that I find superior to any of those. 

The plugin is easy to use and includes three models: Valve, FET, and Drive.  My current favorite is the Valve, which has a very rich, deep tone that I've never heard from a bass VST before.  The other two are really good, and I even got great results on electric guitar from the Drive model.  Check it out here: http://www.kuassa.com/products/cerberus-bass-amplifikation/

Cheers,
Eddie

Sonar X3 Producer / Win 10 
The future exists in all directions.

3 Replies Related Threads

Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp FTW 2015/04/29 00:18:46 (permalink)
    +1
    Yes it is a good little plugin, I also find some of the bass amps in BIAS Pro to be pretty good for certain things, I usually alternate between Cerabus, Mark 2, GK2, Studio Devil, BIAS Pro, and IA's SHB-1 depending on what I want, don't really open Amplitube much, I think it is absolute crap for guitar or bass, although there was one or 2 decent bass amps in the Fender pack.

Check out Ignite Amps SHB-1 (Free) coupled with a Rosen Digital bass cab (Not Free) you can get some pretty decent sounds out of it.
    Eddie TX
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    Re: Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp FTW 2015/04/29 00:33:04 (permalink)
    Yeh I forgot to mention BIAS Pro, which is great for guitar and bass.  The thing about the Kuassa plugin that I find most appealing is the wide range of tonal variation you can get.  Some plugins like Mark 2 (which I like) and Ampeg have a samey quality to all their amp models.  With the Kuassa, I can dial in a sounds that fit with a lot of different music styles.  Very versatile.

Did I mention that it's only $49?  A no-brainer, I'd say.

Cheers,
    Eddie

Sonar X3 Producer / Win 10 
    The future exists in all directions.
    Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp FTW 2015/04/29 00:55:52 (permalink)
    Oh, I knew I was forgetting some, Vandal and Recabinet 4, there is quite a bit of variation in there, although the selection is somewhat more limited as far as Bass is concerned than others, but you'll get some very decent sounds out of them for bass.

I know what you are saying about Mark2, I tend to go out of my way to get that sameyness out as much as I can, I really like it, and use it when it suits, but I got so many at times I forget about some of them.

I love BIAS Pro, just so easy to get great sounds, especially guitar without even thinking, the amount of quality patches/presets available for free in the Tone Cloud thingy, awesome, and you just have to demo them then if you like them click download . . . done, easy as. TH2 would still be my go to for guitar, and probably fav, but I've had a lot of time getting to know it, so it feels comfortable, and it's pretty much got everything you need for guitar, effects etc. But I have started using the others like BIAS Pro, Recab4, S Gear and Vandal with an instance of TH2 before and after just for the stomps and effects racks when needed, works great as well. Can't wait until BIAS FX gets released for PC, really looking forward to that. Great having a good selection of stuff to choose from.

$49, yeah that is a no brainer, I have had it for a while, but just last week I grabbed all the guitar stuff from Kuassa during the anniversary sale. They are none to shabby either by the way :)
    post edited by jih64 - 2015/04/29 01:03:03
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1