Latency stuff. Of course.

Author
docgorpon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2010/11/03 03:03:07 (permalink)

Latency stuff. Of course.

I'm running GT3 pro. I'm trying to record guitar direct, via USB from a floorboard I have. The floorboard has no drivers of it's own and uses windows.
The only way I could get it to work and be able to monitor what I'm playing is to set the driver mode for MME (32-bit). This seems to be the only one that'll leave me the option of setting the inputs driver to 'Microphone (USB audio codec)' and se the output driver to 'Speakers and dual headphones'. I was initially told to set the driver mode to WDM/KS. But that only leaves me the option of using USB for both input and output drivers. Therefore I can't seem to use my speakers (plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop) to monitor.
Anyway, I get a lot of noise and a pretty big latency when recording my guitar track. Buffers are set to the max.
I'm using a PC laptop with windows 7 (64 bit). Dual core 2.20 Ghz w/ 4gigs of ram. I was thinking of getting one of those external, usb soundblaster cards for it if it'll help at all. I'm sure the card in the pc is minimal.
Any ideas?

2 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Latency stuff. Of course. 2010/11/03 09:39:39 (permalink)

Hi there Sam

What floorboard/pedalboard are you using, and can you describe your signal chain?

You might be better, and you'll certainly be able to monitor the input with next to zero latency if the board outputs its own audio signal. However, if the sounds are created with software on your computer, there might still be a way to make it work.

If the unit does produce audio, simply run a cable from its Line Out or Headphone jack straight to the Line In jack on your computer; select that input in GT3 and you should be good to go.

In any case, once we know what you're using we may be able to help more.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

docgorpon
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re:Latency stuff. Of course. 2010/11/03 14:52:00 (permalink)
    It's a Rocktron Utopia G200. I've brought it up before on the board. I gave up on it for awhile. But have it set back up now. I'd really like to be able to use the USB direct sometimes when the kids are asleep. However, I'd also like to be able to use the mic out of my laptop when micing an amp. Both of these methods are producing major latency on GT3.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1