Latency/Audio interface

Author
Guitarious
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/10/10 14:09:47 (permalink)

Latency/Audio interface

Hey
I purchased GT3 a couple of weeks ago, in order to record guitar, and have been pretty dissapointed.Started with no input,figured it out, then could not find loops, found them,sounded like squirrels fighting bee's,fixed that, now down to latency.Believe me,I've tried everthing,tried just about every different setting,searched web/forums for solutions. I have two options, Through the usb of my zoom G7.1ut,or directly through with a 1/8" adapter into the soundcard. Whatever I try, the latency is unusable.Had just given up and was buying a 8-track recorder,but the guy backed out at the last second.So back to this for now, and from what I can gather, I might solve the problem by buying a "zero latency" interface, such as the Tascam-122mkII (For sale on #raigslist for $50).But before I blow more money, I would like to know if this will solve my problem? I have had a HD 8-track recorder in the past and it was easy to use,had good built in effects/drums, and you can find decent used ones for $100ish. I find GT3 difficult to use, I'm a guitar player,not a recording engineer,not a computer technition. I tried Audacity, and it worked right away, ten seconds and I was recording, drum loops sounded fine,easier to use. It still suffers from the same latency problems as GT3 however.
Thanks

Hp Pavilion g6 notebook X64
AMD PhenomII P960 quad core 1800mhz
Windows 7 home premium
AmD High Definition audio device/driver=atihdw.sys 7.12.0.7701 (Just updated to newer version)
Zoom G7.1ut

1 Reply Related Threads

StevenMikel
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 319
    Re:Latency/Audio interface 2011/10/10 21:32:14 (permalink)
    Your best bet for the moment is to go through your Zoom G7.1ut.There isn't realy a "zero latency" interface but,you sshould think about getting a interface designed for recording,incase you want to mic up a real amp or have somebody sing.If you like your Zoom pedal board you might check out the Zoom R(8,16,24) series,you can use them as a stand alone multi-track recorder,a recording interface for your computer and,as a controller for your daw.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1