Latest Yellowtools deals

Author
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
2010/08/19 09:21:34 (permalink)

Latest Yellowtools deals

Yellow tools have announced a couple of 49 Euro offers for use with Independence Free
http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=307

Culture is a pretty decent collection of percussion, both Ethnic and Industrial.

Everything on offer here is included in the Independence Pro library.

This is also in the release

In a few weeks yellow tools will launch the initiative “PSL Project” (Public Software Licensing Project).
With this project we want to promote the development of instruments and libraries for the Independence format and we specially want to offer an easy and affordable option for smaller companies and sound designers to develop protected libraries and virtual instruments for commercial use, including the online platform the distribution.
An essential part of the PSL Project is an easy and reasonably priced licensing model that can get customized individually for any kind of exploitation.
Further details will be available soon on the yellow tools website.

It will be intresting to see how this develops.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud

4 Replies Related Threads

Kuusniemi
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 490
    Re:Latest Yellowtools deals 2010/08/20 02:32:25 (permalink)
    Glyn Barnes

Yellow tools have announced a couple of 49 Euro offers for use with Independence Free
    http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=307

Culture is a pretty decent collection of percussion, both Ethnic and Industrial.

Everything on offer here is included in the Independence Pro library.

This is also in the release

In a few weeks yellow tools will launch the initiative “PSL Project” (Public Software Licensing Project).
    With this project we want to promote the development of instruments and libraries for the Independence format and we specially want to offer an easy and affordable option for smaller companies and sound designers to develop protected libraries and virtual instruments for commercial use, including the online platform the distribution.
    An essential part of the PSL Project is an easy and reasonably priced licensing model that can get customized individually for any kind of exploitation.
    Further details will be available soon on the yellow tools website.

It will be intresting to see how this develops.

They do have some pretty nice sounds there. I especially love the Mexican Acoustis Bass that comes with the free edition. Then again I'm not that convinced by their percussions. (ok at that price they good, but if I'd be buying a new percussion library I'd probably go with Vir2's Global Impact: World Percussion)
    alex2081
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re:Latest Yellowtools deals 2010/11/13 04:13:37 (permalink)
    Sorry it might be a bit off topic but YellowTools support has not yet replied to my two emails and I'm having problems installing Candy. Maybe somebody here has a solution to my woes...
    I've grasped at their cheap deal on Independence+Candy+Culture+Majestic, downloaded all these and 'sort of' installed Independence and Candy. (Just noting in passing that the installaton software behaved very non-professionally - won't waste time listing all glitches and crashes, but it's a far, far cry from say Sonar and indeed all other commercial products I've bought and installed so far). I work in Windows 7. So,
    1. I have installed and activated Independence Pro 2.5. Note that I've chosen c:\windows\Program Files, not c:\Windows\Program Files (x86) for the root folder.
    2. I have also copied all the Candy image files into C:\Program Files\Yellow Tools Root Folder\image files (Candy Image File 01.ytif ... 09.ytif), as per their documentation.
    3. I have also run Candy Layers.exe and as a result the folder C:\Program Files\Yellow Tools Root Folder\layers\Yellow Tools Candy got filled.
    4. Independence correctly comes up as a VST plugin in my Sonar.
    Now I'm trying to load a Candy instrument: click on New Layer, then Yellow Tools Candy and eventually select one of the saxes. It gives me an error message, "Could not find  the file ASCLNFFD2X01 (the name of the file differs depending on which instrument I'm loading) in image file: Independence 2 Content 21. Auto-find option does not help either.

Note that I have NOT activated my Candy collection, because I don't know how to do it (!) I have not found this in the documentation. Independence plugin did come up with the Activation screen once I loaded it in Sonar, but I really have no idea how to get similar screen for Candy.

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:Latest Yellowtools deals 2010/11/14 05:55:59 (permalink)
    alex2081

I'm having problems installing Candy. Maybe somebody here has a solution to my woes...
    I've grasped at their cheap deal on Independence+Candy+Culture+Majestic, downloaded all these
    I don't have that package but intstalation of Independence Pro was pretty painless. I expect the two problems are related and you may have a corrupt file some where. I would delete Candy (library files and layer files) from the root folder and try installing again.

Is this a download version - if the above fails, try downloading again.

Finally are you sure there are no hardware issues. I recently started having "glitches and Crashes" - it was a bad disk drive. 

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    alex2081
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re:Latest Yellowtools deals 2010/11/16 03:34:26 (permalink)
    You were right, I was using an old unzip program and they got decompressed incorrectly (no error messages though).
    To be sure, the Independence installer crash was still there, but eventually I got the sax sounds.
    Thank you!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1