Learning hard lessons with Synth Rack and Reset Session

Author
neverwhere2410
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/06/10 22:35:42 (permalink)

Learning hard lessons with Synth Rack and Reset Session

Today I finally got my iLok for the Slate subscription bundle, loaded everything and opened a session that was fairly complete to start a clean mix to get acquainted with the new plugins. No big deal, right?

So I load the session, create a new mix scene and notice the Reset Session option for the first time. Since I wanted to start the mix as fresh as possible and approach it from scratch I figured that would be quicker than disabling pro channel and removing plugins from every track/bus. And it mostly was, but when I tried to play back from the beginning, I noticed things were weird. The tracks in the session are mainly softsynths connected to instrument tracks. What I discovered is that all of the soft synths had been reconnected to the wrong track or disconnected from any tracks. If I open the synth rack, every synth shows that it's connected to the right instrument track for automation, but if I launch the plugin UI from the track itself, it'll load a different plugin (or expand the track to fill the window if nothing is connected).

Trying to troubleshoot this wasn't successful. I started by going through the synth rack and pointing the synths to different tracks then back to the original to see if I could reset the routing. No luck. Switching mix scenes didn't help either, it appears to be global for the session. I can make a new track and connect one of the soft synths to it and then it works fine, so I'm settled in on doing that to rebuild the session - not a huge setback, just kind of tedious.

Anyway, if anyone has run into this before and knows a way to reconnect those soft synths without creating new tracks and copying midi clips, I'd love to know what I'm missing. Otherwise, hard lesson learned and I'm never using the reset session option again. :)

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1