Lets try this again !

Author
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
2011/01/11 19:47:53 (permalink)

Lets try this again !

I tried as instructed how to set up a direct link to one song.....(should have previewed it first) ..According to my preveiw, this one works.....Come and Be With Me...

Thanks !

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10080252

5 Replies Related Threads

Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Lets try this again ! 2011/01/11 20:23:21 (permalink)
    This is beautiful.  What great lyrics.  The arrangement and playing and vox are all great.  Very nice.  :-) 
    silvercn
    Re:Lets try this again ! 2011/01/11 20:49:33 (permalink)
    Well we have a mutual fan club going !! Thank you. My keyboard is very slack compared to you....I just mess around with a MIDI keyboard and a DAW --years ago started out with piano lessons, then acoustic guitar, now just sort of "hunt and peck" on the keys.
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Lets try this again ! 2011/01/11 20:50:23 (permalink)
    Oh, I'm still learning too. :-)
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    Re:Lets try this again ! 2011/01/11 20:58:25 (permalink)
    charles...........we share the same idol!!!!!!!  I blame JT for my now out of control obsession!!!!!!!  LOL.........I have seen him many many times......I have never been let down at one of his shows.....he is a wonderful artist ......and musician.....good choice!

ok.. ... what I am going to say I would very much like for you to take it in a positive way because that is the way I truly mean it.....Please!   (and remember this is my opinion so you can tell me to go jump!)

The tune itself is a nice tune but your production is holding it back to what it could be......for example.....you start out with a heavy chorused guitar...then your drums come in (way in the back ground) and the when your vox enters your drums disappear for a bit..... and things multiply from there.....

ok ... here is what I would do.......start from scratch on the mix....
    in every mix you need to have at least one instrument dry....because this will give your other instruments a center object to work/revolve around......for me it will typically be the drums......keep them all dry except your snare .........add just a tiny little bit of verb here....just enough to give it some body.....by keeping them dry you will bring them more forward......

get a god level on them....not too hot and not too soft......next I would put up the vocal (at this point kind of scratch in the level in ref to the drums) work at getting your vocal sitting right in the middle of your listening field.....not overly loud but not soft either....just right there....if you have to turn down the drums a little then you turn them down.....get these two to balance well........but the vox slightly louder....

Next add your bass.....make it compliment your kick drum...not over run it but support it.....you need to have seperation...you need to be able to hear all thee instruments....vox, Drums and bass very clearly.....from here now add in your guitars / pianos/ persussion etc until you have finished adding everything in.....

as you add each instrument Pan it either left or right by 20 % or 30% or 90% or something.....try to give everything it's own space......

for example take a listen to steely dan.....their Aja lp....everything is loud and in just right there but everything has it's own space.....things are panned left and right so that you use THE WHOLE SOUND SPECTRUM........

I want to hear this again after you remix this....cause I think that it could be an incredable composition.......you need to dig down theer a little bit more .....

I hope this helps some...let me know
    Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    silvercn
    Re:Lets try this again ! 2011/01/11 23:41:56 (permalink)
    Appreciate the tips on the mix ......I will put those in my toolbox. Remixing is something that we all need to consider based on others ears and experience. I am especially  anxious to work over some of my songs now that I have an upgraded DAW as well.... I will give a listen to your soundclick page when I get a chance...

Thanks !
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1