LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera

Author
BenMMusTech
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2606
2011/11/07 19:01:28 (permalink)

LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera

Ok here is one of my more experimental tracks, called Light Revolution 6 (Love), basicly I think it is an electronic Rondo, which is a classical form.  It's fast at 150bpm and really its a classical Rondo mini opera.  Including a little bit of badly sung opera by me.

The song was written in around 2001 and I have quite a few versions, this was one of the final mixes I did, I have then mastered it in the last couple of days.

http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks/lightrevolution6-love

There were a few problems with the mix, one being a few pops/clicks, I have gone in with the severe ones and cut them, then I have basicly made them invisable, you can hear them if you listen hard.

I also had to slightly remix the track, this was done with the muliband compressor, once these things were fixed, I used my TL Audio A2 mastering compressor.

Lyrics:

Lord Hash, Lord Hash

Have you seen my German Strumpet,
Good in bed and gives good crumpet,
Have you seen my sister Mary
****'s the boys down the dairy,
Don't fight you can share me,
I'm so very horny hairy.

As you can see it is part German ompha music as well.

Enjoy Peace Ben
post edited by BenMMusTech - 2011/11/07 19:02:50

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
http://1331.space/
https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks

12 Replies Related Threads

Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/08 23:23:36 (permalink)
    Well ... am I gonna have to be the one to say it?

It's great man!

The mix, mastering, and that sound on the vocals ... I wish I could get that sound on the vocals I record. And that keyboard in the background is killer.

It's too bad more people couldn't get over the subject matter of the lyrics and listen to this and comment. It's really good.

Reminds me of something off The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn album by Pink Floyd.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/08 23:36:04 (permalink)
    Interesting.

I can see the hard work that went into it and it sounds good. To weird for me though. Definitly something to listen to when your high on weed.

Well done!

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    rhynosynth
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 520
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/09 00:19:25 (permalink)
    So this is what a mini Rondo sounds like LOL. Man this is Bizzare.  This does have a late 60's vibe. Kinda like it could be stuck in the middle of an album pressed rat and warthog style. Excellent production.
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/09 01:36:06 (permalink)
    A bit repititious but made me listen.  I'm looking over my shoulder for "haints". :-)

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    BenMMusTech
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/09 16:08:46 (permalink)
    Thanks guys after posting The Love Dalek and no one giveing me any criticism (Yes now you guys have) I was starting to panic and believe I was some washed up has been, still do.

Bub you're not going to believe this but that vocal was recorded flat into a $150 Audio Technica microphone with a $90 Behringer preamp and it wasn't even balanced.  I had to step back from the microphone about 5feet just to stop the vocal distorting, not cliping distorting.

The keyboard sound is the MTron, church organ patch with the Creamware SpaceFlanger turned up, I know longer use Creamware unfortunatly they had the best effects in the bussiness, Spaceflangers, Single Side Band Delays, over 30 effects that were all so useable and the best amp sim even though it wasn't actually simulating any amp at all but the fuzz tone and sustain I could get out that baby, just awsome.

It's amazing what comes to you out of the ether when you are tuned to the right frequency, this track is one of those, all though it could have been the liberal amount of Dexamphetimes I was on and the hash oil my qualified chemist friend was makeing.  He had finished is science degree.

Thanks for listening guys

Peace Ben
    post edited by BenMMusTech - 2011/11/09 16:10:18

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    Bub
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/11 20:02:24 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Bub you're not going to believe this but that vocal was recorded flat into a $150 Audio Technica microphone with a $90 Behringer preamp and it wasn't even balanced.  I had to step back from the microphone about 5feet just to stop the vocal distorting, not cliping distorting.
    You must have a heck of a room then because man, your vocals always come out great.

I need to do some real room treatment, but I don't have the money for it right now.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    BenMMusTech
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/11 20:43:53 (permalink)
    Bub

BenMMusTech

You must have a heck of a room then because man, your vocals always come out great.

I need to do some real room treatment, but I don't have the money for it right now.

Bub your going to hate me even more, the room had virtually no treatment, in one part of the room I had a sheet on the roof the other part was double the height of a normal room, I had a sheet on one of the walls and nothing on the floor.

When and this is not an ego statement but when you can sing as well as I can, its easy to get a good sound.  I don't know if I could hit those notes again, as we get older our voice changes.

I hope you have been alright, I have been (and I am not ****ting you) a little worried you haven't been contributing to the forum (unless you are in some sector that I don't bother with) as much as you normally do.  I hope the job situation has got better for you mate, I know it's pretty bad over there in the states.

Peace and thanks for all of your kind words about my tunes, you don't how much I appreciate it esp when you get a bit hard on yourself.

Peace Ben

bandontherun19
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/11 21:51:02 (permalink)
    I listened. It was different.

All you need is love, just ask the Beatles?
    ----------
    BenMMusTech
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/11 23:18:31 (permalink)
    well thanks bandontherun, i think!  I don't mind if you dont listen or comment, i only listen to the tracks with interesting titles or its a genre i think i might like.

if you were offended by the content, it's very tounge in cheek and def not to be taken seriously.

I am very grateful that you listened 

Peace ben

Bub
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/12 23:07:37 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Bub your going to hate me even more, the room had virtually no treatment, in one part of the room I had a sheet on the roof the other part was double the height of a normal room, I had a sheet on one of the walls and nothing on the floor.

When and this is not an ego statement but when you can sing as well as I can, its easy to get a good sound.  I don't know if I could hit those notes again, as we get older our voice changes.
    That's amazing that you got that sound with no treatment and that setup. You do have one of those voices that you just can't get a bad recording of. I have an extremely limited range, and unfortunately, I hate the sound of my voice when I force myself to sing in my range. That's why the stuff I release sounds like I'm straining, because I am, but if I sing in my natural key I think my voice sounds boomy and it's actually very hard to get a decent recording of a voice that accents the 300Hz and lower range.
    I hope you have been alright, I have been (and I am not ****ting you) a little worried you haven't been contributing to the forum (unless you are in some sector that I don't bother with) as much as you normally do.  I hope the job situation has got better for you mate, I know it's pretty bad over there in the states.
    Thanks man.

To be honest, I had to force myself to turn on my DAW for the first time in over a month this week. I got three more weeks of help from the state for my job situation then I start waving my life savings goodbye, and to be honest, I've been paralyzed with fear and haven't been able to do much. Merry ****ing Christmas eh?. LOL Then my wife started picking up at work, which is good, but she's been traveling again and I've just been sitting here by myself staring at the freaking walls 24 hours a day. She's been gone since last Monday and won't be home until next Friday. Then she'll be gone again right after Thanksgiving and won't be back until just before Christmas. But enough complaining. There's a hell of a lot of people out there who have it far worse than I do. Like the fat guy says, "Chins up." LOL!
    Peace and thanks for all of your kind words about my tunes, you don't how much I appreciate it esp when you get a bit hard on yourself.
    Your welcome. I like all of your music. It's different than the cookie cutter stuff and it's just great music, plus it's recorded and mastered to perfection IMO. When I Was Born and The Punk Song are turning out to be two of my all time favorite songs. If they still made 45's you would have a double A side hit record on your hands with those two.

Thanks for thinking of me, it feels really good to know someone, somewhere out there in the world cares.

Bub

bandontherun19
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/13 22:22:10 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

well thanks bandontherun, i think!  I don't mind if you dont listen or comment, i only listen to the tracks with interesting titles or its a genre i think i might like.

if you were offended by the content, it's very tounge in cheek and def not to be taken seriously.

I am very grateful that you listened 

Peace ben
    Nothing I said was indicative of the fact that I was offended? I'm sorry if you inferred that, it was not my intent. If in fact I am offended? I will make it very clear, and there will be no need for implication.

All you need is love, just ask the Beatles?
    ----------
    Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:LightRevolution6(Love)-A Mini Rondo Opera 2011/11/14 04:23:55 (permalink)
    Hey, Ben,

This is a very unique and cool bit of electronic opera, with a nice clean and wide, modern sounding mix!

Very fresh and pro sounding stuff, dynamite work!

Have a good one!
    Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1