Limitation Problems?

Author
Jason Darklyte
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/05/15 15:45:43 (permalink)

Limitation Problems?

I noticed that the limit for VST tracks is 8, and so did a friend I talked with about this product.  He said that that's very limiting if you rely mostly on VSTs.  I'm not quite sure if I will rely on them as much, but I wanna know who else has experienced a sort of limitation from this.

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Limitation Problems? 2015/05/15 16:00:55 (permalink)
    I guess you are asking about an older version of MC. The only limit in MC7 with a value of 8 is simultaneous buses. There is no limit on the number of plug-ins which can be loaded in each track or bus. Note, each track and bus in addition to the MixStrip have their own FX bins. The only limit on synth plug-ins would be the number of 32 audio and 128 MIDI tracks. Each synth would use at least one audio and one MIDI track.

Edit: The above reply is wrong. The 24 plug-ins and 8 instrument cap still applies to MC7. I missed it in the comparison table. Sorry for the misinformation. The reply below is the correct answer.
    post edited by scook - 2015/05/16 12:58:20
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Limitation Problems? 2015/05/15 20:48:15 (permalink)
    I know that the older versions of MC did in fact have a limit of 8 synths at a time max.   Plugs and FX on the other hand were not limited except by the computer's power to process them all in a timely manner.

Perhaps the bakers decided to bump up the max number of active synths permitted in MC7...  I don't know because I can't run it on any of the computers I have...OS issues.

However, if you are bumping into the 8 synth max ceiling, there are ways around it.

1.  Render the synth output to audio and remove the synth from that track.... This saves the audio and then allows the synth to be used for something else.  NOTE: make notes on the synth and any custom settings and the sample you used in case you do need to go back and rework something later.

2.  Use TTS.  Each individual instance of TTS is capable of handling 16 discreet channels of midi with a different patch (sound) applied to each one. It isn't a coincidence that MC can handle 128 midi tracks. With TTS in all 8 synth slots, you could theoretically have a 128 piece orchestra in a project.   If you're not sure how this works, look at my website under the recording tab and look for TTS Advanced setup.  It's really not a difficult concept if you understand MIDI already.

3.  Upgrade to one of the Sonar DAW's that don't have limits on synths.

Hope this is useful to you.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Limitation Problems? 2015/05/16 12:55:59 (permalink)
    I was running some tests today and realized my error when reading the comparison chart yesterday. I correct #2 above. Sorry for the confusion.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1