List of VS-700C Issues

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
GuyPicks
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 389
2009/02/18 10:02:32 (permalink)

List of VS-700C Issues

I've listed some things not working for me.
Could be a bad install, which I don't think so, or could be user not knowing what in the world he's doing or could be the VS-700C was released just a little too soon.

1. The select channel button on the VS console will select and highlight Sonar's corresponding channel but when selecting a channel in Sonar, the VS console button does not correspond to the Sonar selection.

2. The I/O button in the VS-700 control panel does not activate the I/O button on the VS console but the console will activate the button in the VS control panel. The Track, Bus and Main work fine.

3. The Piano Roll button in the Access Panel on the console calls up the piano Roll Screen but when you push the button again the Piano Roll doesn't go away or doesn't toggle. Is it suppose to?

4. The Console button on the access panel doesn't toggle either but the Transport button does. Is this normal?

5. The punch-in and punch-out flags on the VS Console don't work like normal mark in and mark out for recording a section. You can set the flags with the scroll wheel only. You should be able to mark in and out on the fly.
I like playing the clip and while playing you mark in and mark out your punch points and you're ready to record. Is this not possible with the VS-700C?

6. The SET button on the console doesn't work at all.

7. Command + Punch calls up record options dialog. The VS-700 Control Surface Help manual says Command + Punch = Punch Mode Enabled. Which one is right?

I'm just getting started. More will surely follow.

The VS-700C seems to talk OK with Sonar for the most part.

I'm using Win XP Pro SP3
Sonar Pro 8.02

Need some help Tech Support.
post edited by GuyPicks - 2009/02/18 10:23:38

ADK Pro Audio RackMounted Computer
Sonar X3d
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
2x 24" Dell Dual Display
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
12GB Ram
4x HDs 
Edirol PCR-800

45 Replies Related Threads

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 12:51:38 (permalink)
    Hello -

1. The select channel button on the VS console will select and highlight Sonar's corresponding channel but when selecting a channel in Sonar, the VS console button does not correspond to the Sonar selection.

- - This is normal.

2. The I/O button in the VS-700 control panel does not activate the I/O button on the VS console but the console will activate the button in the VS control panel. The Track, Bus and Main work fine.

- - This is also normal

3. The Piano Roll button in the Access Panel on the console calls up the piano Roll Screen but when you push the button again the Piano Roll doesn't go away or doesn't toggle. Is it suppose to?

- - To close 'Views' you use the CLOSE button on the console in the access panel section

4. The Console button on the access panel doesn't toggle either but the Transport button does. Is this normal?

- - See above, this is normal.

5. The punch-in and punch-out flags on the VS Console don't work like normal mark in and mark out for recording a section. You can set the flags with the scroll wheel only. You should be able to mark in and out on the fly.
    I like playing the clip and while playing you mark in and mark out your punch points and you're ready to record. Is this not possible with the VS-700C?

- - Not sure I follow you, you want to be able to move the in/out points on the fly. How would this be that much different then the current method of SHIFT + PUNCH; L/R Flag; Move Jog wheel. ?

6. The SET button on the console doesn't work at all.

- - Can you elaborate for us? What is it not doing – what are you trying to do with it that its failing

7. Command + Punch calls up record options dialog. The VS-700 Control Surface Help manual says Command + Punch = Punch Mode Enabled. Which one is right?

- - This is correct, it looks like we might have an error in the help. VS700 Owner’s Manual pg. 71 has the correct method. PUNCH = Enable/Disable Punch Mode, COMMAND + PUNCH = opens Record Option’s dialog. You can grab the latest version of the Owner’s Manual here: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/vstudio/Files/VS-700_Owners_Manual.pdf

Need some help Tech Support.

- - Not to beat a dead horse, but we don't provide support through these peer to peer forums. You can call or e-mail us, details on reaching us can be found either by clicking 'About' and then 'Contact' in the navigation bar above or on the V-Studio 700 Support Page.

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 13:00:37 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply Willy.

I thought I explained it pretty simple.

All I want to be able to do is hit the L flag while in playing mode and it put a punch in mark for me on the fly (while the song is playing). The same with the out flag.

Doing it with the jog wheel while playing isn't very accurate.

I've tried every combination I could think of to no avail.

It seem the only way to move the flags is with the jog wheel or mouse.

In Pro tools, you mark in and mark out while playing the clip and you now have your section to record without the tedious jog or mouse.

Hope this explains it better.
    post edited by GuyPicks - 2009/02/18 13:11:30

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 13:18:36 (permalink)
    The set button does nothing.
    The manual says: Default
    Sets the Punch or Loop region
    to match the selected time
    range.
    It doesn't do that. I've also tried all combinations of button pushing to accomplish this.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 13:38:05 (permalink)
    All I want to be able to do is hit the L flag while in playing mode and it put a punch in mark for me on the fly (while the song is playing). The same with the out flag.

OK gotcha - yeah no you can't do this. I'll put it in the feature request box - I do agree that it has a lot of merit for certain work flows.

Sets the Punch or Loop region to match the selected time range.
    It doesn't do that. I've also tried all combinations of button pushing to accomplish this.

Word - this is actually another case of manual / quick keys guide clarification. It probably makes the most sense (and others that are reading) if I just explained the process/work flow behind it.

Let's say you want to set the Punch in/out points (same basic process for loop)

[1] SHIFT + PUNCH to get into Punch Edit mode
      [2] Hit flag to set desired IN / Out point
      [3] Use Jog/Shuttle to move IN/OUT marker
      [4] SET to confirm and exit Punch Edit mode

That's the work flow described in the quick keys guide. Where it gets a little confusing is that you don't have to actually hit SET to exit punch edit mode, you can do the same by hitting the PUNCH button again (the overlap is for the sake of user simplicity and easing the learning curve a bit).

Where I have found the SET buttons functionality most useful is in 'Select by Time Mode'. Hitting the SET button will select the clip that the edit cursor is hovering over.

The other handy thing it can be used for is 'Fit to Project' so if your zoomed in editing a quick COMMAND + SET gets you back to the full project view.

Hope that clarifies some for you. Best,
    post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2009/02/18 13:44:00

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 13:49:34 (permalink)
    Thanks Willy for these clarifications.
    This punching in and out points are used quite often in a recording session. Especially with a talent in the other room wanting to move fast.
    It is a very much used feature in the industry.

Thanks for the PDF.
    I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me as time goes on.
    I have a lot invested here and am going to use it till death do us part.

Will Ver 8.03 also help with the VS-700C?

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 19:41:34 (permalink)
    Very interesting thread Guy but I'm wondering if your work flow habits are based on another peice of controller gear? I'm planning on getting the VS 700 so this info. is most enlightening.

Craig DuBuc
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/18 20:04:36 (permalink)
    Well... I've owned the Mackie, Mixed Logic and the Tascam FW1884 and I can honestly say this controller is more into the Sonar Software.
    It's a great board but... there are a few issues that need to be addressed.
    First the manual needs updated and the punch in and out marks should be a normal operation in any DAW without using a jog wheel.
    Of course that's my opinion.
    I'll be posting more as time permits.
    This shouldn't discourage anyone from buying this board. It's the best I used so far. If that means anything.

Guy

ORIGINAL: Crg

Very interesting thread Guy but I'm wondering if your work flow habits are based on another peice of controller gear? I'm planning on getting the VS 700 so this info. is most enlightening.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    cdickey
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/19 23:28:16 (permalink)
    Willy,

Regarding your comment to Guy: - - Not to beat a dead horse, but we don't provide support through these peer to peer forums. You can call or e-mail us, details on reaching us can be found either by clicking 'About' and then 'Contact' in the navigation bar above or on the V-Studio 700 Support Page.

Your company should rethink this approach. I am glad that you replied to Guy's questions. I am considering buying the product. I am very interested to see how the V-Studio works out for Guy and other early adoptors. I am also interested to see what kind of enthusiasm your company shows to address the problems and concerns that Guy has with the product. Certainly $4200 is a good chunk of change for most people to invest in a brand new product. If you want to increase sales you should put more effort into supporting first users out in the open of the Internet so all the lurkers can be intrigued into buying the V-Studio. I would think that increased sales trump holding on to rigid support policies in these times. Enthusiastic assistance on using the V-Studio by Cakewalk people on this publicly viewable forum will certainly encourage me to buy one.

Am I the only person that has this opinion?

post edited by cdickey - 2009/02/19 23:35:45
    sqye
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/27 01:04:59 (permalink)

Hey GuyPicks!!

So how's it going now, man? Are you doing ok with your unit? Any further issues worth mentioning? Are you getting comfy with it in your workflow, yet?

Please, if you don't mind and have a minute, can you give us an update?

Much appreciated - and psyched!

post edited by sqye - 2009/02/27 01:10:55

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37559046@N00/

jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny

STUDIO CAT i7 950 : 12GB RAM : Win7x64 : Producer 8.5.3x64 : Komplete 8 : Symphobia : Omnisphere+Trilian+Stylus : BFD2 : 
    RME UFX : Kontrol Rig : Buzz Audio ARC : GT-67 : Mo Tone Custom Tele : Linkwitz Orions : Tyler Acoustics Linbrooks 5.1 
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 02:51:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sqye

Hey GuyPicks!!

So how's it going now, man? Are you doing ok with your unit? Any further issues worth mentioning? Are you getting comfy with it in your workflow, yet?

Please, if you don't mind and have a minute, can you give us an update?

Much appreciated - and psyched!

Overall, the unit has worked with no hicups.
    It's rock solid. The best I've used so far in any controller board.
    I'm not trying to promote the VS 700 just trying to give feedback to any maybe buyers.
    The issues I listed above need addressed. I think it would cut down on confusion if they are.
    That being said...
    The 700R (input rack unit) inputs/outputs are very comparable to the RME Fireface 800 that I just got rid of.
    Automation so far seems to work quite well. I did some automation on a song before I left the country.
    I just left for Rwanda, Africa for a week and when I get back I'll post some more.
    Any more issues that I find, however small, I will post them.

Anyone else that has issues are welcome to post here too.
    So far I'm a happy camper.

Guy

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    sqye
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 03:45:01 (permalink)

wow, rwanda - intense! business, pleasure?

thanks for touching base.

just got mine in the mail a few days ago, and poking around with it today.

for some reason, the fantom vs keeps crashing on me...i'm sure it's user error...
    maybe need to clean up my machine a bit...

anyway, yeah - beautiful piece of hw - that's for sure...

...'night!

post edited by sqye - 2009/02/28 03:51:25

STUDIO CAT i7 950 : 12GB RAM : Win7x64 : Producer 8.5.3x64 : Komplete 8 : Symphobia : Omnisphere+Trilian+Stylus : BFD2 : 
    RME UFX : Kontrol Rig : Buzz Audio ARC : GT-67 : Mo Tone Custom Tele : Linkwitz Orions : Tyler Acoustics Linbrooks 5.1 
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 03:49:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cdickey

Willy,

Regarding your comment to Guy: - - Not to beat a dead horse, but we don't provide support through these peer to peer forums. You can call or e-mail us, details on reaching us can be found either by clicking 'About' and then 'Contact' in the navigation bar above or on the V-Studio 700 Support Page.

Your company should rethink this approach. I am glad that you replied to Guy's questions. I am considering buying the product. I am very interested to see how the V-Studio works out for Guy and other early adoptors. I am also interested to see what kind of enthusiasm your company shows to address the problems and concerns that Guy has with the product. Certainly $4200 is a good chunk of change for most people to invest in a brand new product. If you want to increase sales you should put more effort into supporting first users out in the open of the Internet so all the lurkers can be intrigued into buying the V-Studio. I would think that increased sales trump holding on to rigid support policies in these times. Enthusiastic assistance on using the V-Studio by Cakewalk people on this publicly viewable forum will certainly encourage me to buy one.

I've been thinging about this statement all week and wanted to respond but didn't know how at the time.
    I agree with cdickey on this too, to the point that when they bring something new to the stage like the VS-Studio 700 which is a more high end product that a lot of people can't buy at the moment.
    There won't be a lot of Peer to Peer help right away, so I think Tech support or whomever should help till it gets going with the Peer to Peer help in the forum.
    I do however think they (Cake) know that and that's why Willy responded. Thanks Willy.
    It will and does help promote the wanna be buyers.

Guy

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 04:12:52 (permalink)

for some reason, the fantom vs keeps crashing on me...i'm sure it's user error...

...'night!

It's a business trip.
    Now that you mentioned that, the Fantom VS did hang on me too for a moment but didn't crash my computer.
    It finally released itself from whatever it was doing and started working fine. I just gave it a little time to caugitate.
    I don't know if it was just initializing for the first time or what.
    I haven't tried it since. I will when I get back.

One thing puzzling me.
    There's mention in the manual of an ARX expansion board. Is this the already installed Fantom VS?
    I opened up the 700R and there seems to be no room for another expansion board.
    What is this ARX?

Guy

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 04:35:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: GuyPicks

...'night!

It's a business trip.
    Now that you mentioned that, the Fantom VS did hang on me too for a moment but didn't crash my computer.
    It finally released itself from whatever it was doing and started working fine. I just gave it a little time to caugitate.
    I don't know if it was just initializing for the first time or what.
    I haven't tried it since. I will when I get back.

One thing puzzling me.
    There's mention in the manual of an ARX expansion board. Is this the already installed Fantom VS?
    I opened up the 700R and there seems to be no room for another expansion board.
    What is this ARX?

Guy

The slot on top of the VS-700R is the open slot for optional ARX Expansion boards. The slot is empty from the factory.

I would also suggest you VS-700 owners install the newly released SONAR 8.3

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 04:47:11 (permalink)
    Thanks Brandon for the heads up.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 04:49:26 (permalink)
    Hey Brandon, You're up awful early. That's if you're in the USA and on EST time.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 05:12:08 (permalink)

Hey Brandon, You're up awful early. That's if you're in the USA and on EST time.

Ah it's just extreme jet lag. I'm in PST where I live, but my body is on a clock that resides somewhere between China and the UK. (Russia maybe?) I just rolled in today from overseas.
    post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2009/02/28 05:17:43

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    sqye
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/02/28 15:21:41 (permalink)

yeah, thanks, brandon. i'll def install the patch today.
    ....and great work on all the promo vidz, btw.

so guypicks, curious - what do you do in africa? only asking because my sister works in africa, as well...sorry for the OT.

very cool.

laterz.

GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/02 02:36:31 (permalink)

yeah, thanks, brandon. i'll def install the patch today.
    ....and great work on all the promo vidz, btw.

so guypicks, curious - what do you do in africa? only asking because my sister works in africa, as well...sorry for the OT.

very cool.

laterz.

No problem.
    You can message me and I'll tell you about it.
    I don't want to get off the topic here.
    Thanks,

Guy
    post edited by GuyPicks - 2009/03/02 02:46:52

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/02 04:08:14 (permalink)
    I have some time here and wanted to download the 8.3 manual but it's not seperate from the Program 8.3 download.
    I have a really slow connection at the hotel here.
    Is it possible to get the 8.3 manual in PDF?
    post edited by GuyPicks - 2009/03/02 04:21:41

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/06 05:08:25 (permalink)
    Luv to get the latest manual on PDF.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    xpesrx
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/06 05:29:22 (permalink)

----------------------------------
    www.ChantelarStudios.com
    www.ReformationProductions.com

GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/20 11:55:13 (permalink)
    1. The select channel button on the VS console will select and highlight Sonar's corresponding channel but when selecting a channel in Sonar, the VS console button does not correspond to the Sonar selection. This may be normal but can be confusing. Needs fixed.

2.The I/O button light in the Control panel now toggles the Console I/O button light but does not activate the fadders on the Console properly. Toggles on but not off.

3.The Piano Roll button in the Access Panel on the console calls up the piano Roll Screen but when you push the button again the Piano Roll doesn't go away or doesn't toggle. This may be normal but I would think it should toggle it on and off. Makes more sence.

4. The Console button in the access panel on the Console, doesn't toggle the console on and off. This may normal but you should be able to toggle on and off. Only makes sence.

5. Being able to mark in and out on the fly for a punch in definately needs addressed.
    Willy said "I'll put it in the feature request box - I do agree that it has a lot of merit for certain work flows."

6. Can't get the VS700c to lock in Hue mode to control Pro Tools.

7. VS 700r has to shut down to change to different sample rates. You also need to shut down the Console at the same time. I've found that buy not shutting down the Console after shutting down the 700r the Console sometimes won't find the 700r.

Other than a few issues. I'm really, overall, pleased with the VS 700c and 700r.
    I have no regrets.

If I find anything else I'll post.

Guy

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/03/20 14:39:18 (permalink)
    I've just noticed that the guitar input on the VS700c distorts even while recording but on playback it sounds fine.
    What's up with that?
    It's set to normal and the volume is set to 11:00.
    I've tried using the Hi-Z and that doesn't work either.
    Very strange.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    GuyPicks
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/05/19 10:03:27 (permalink)
    I'm still having this distortion problem thru the guitar input and now the VS-700r inputs.

Sonar X3d
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
    2x 24" Dell Dual Display
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
    12GB Ram
    4x HDs 
    Edirol PCR-800
    djjhart@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2189
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/05/22 10:18:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cdickey

Willy,

I've been thinging about this statement all week and wanted to respond but didn't know how at the time.
    I agree with cdickey on this too, to the point that when they bring something new to the stage like the VS-Studio 700 which is a more high end product that a lot of people can't buy at the moment.
    There won't be a lot of Peer to Peer help right away, so I think Tech support or whomever should help till it gets going with the Peer to Peer help in the forum.
    I do however think they (Cake) know that and that's why Willy responded. Thanks Willy.

Guy
    've been thinging about this statement all week and wanted to respond but didn't know how at the time.

Well That sums it up..Lets make a product charge alot of money for it and have no support or very little, Oh thats real nice.. $4000 bucks Thank god I didnt buy it first .. I'll stick with my Tascam Board, and when That dies I wont be getting the V board not for $4000, OMG with business practices like this it gets me scared ,thinking that Now cakewalk has a partner ( Roland) it seems they needed to pick up roland to keep the company going , with there bug riddin release of sp 8 ,I know alot of user wont be upgrading to sp 9 , I wont not right away never again......
    So having a partner now seem there on a thin line , So it seems this V700 is a flop what dose roland do, They 86 cakewalk,, and FL becomes the leader in PC Daws..
    cdickey
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/05/22 13:18:58 (permalink)
    OK Bjjhart, be scared. The facts are that there is a support phone number especially for V-Studio 700 owners. The product costs $4K because it costs money for a quality product with lots of useful features.

I read your post about crashing Sonar 8 and NI Kore. The thing is that plug-ins are implemented as DLL's for performance reasons. The way software based on DLL's works, DLL's can crash an app that they are embedded in. The hosting application doesn't have the ability to control what the plug-in DLL is doing while its code is executing. The plug-in can crash the entire app. Microsoft came up with the .NET software system to handle that kind of situation. But, it takes cpu power because of the extra overhead to get the safety feature. If you have a really complex security lock on your front door it takes more effort to get in and out of your house. As computers get faster CPU's and more cores, the .NET system will be the direction software takes because there will be enough CPU power to provide the security net. People do get irritated by software crashes. Also, the VST standard was put together a long time ago and is based on C/C++ DLL's. In the past there wasn't enough CPU power to provide both high end audio processing and a crash proof security net. Read up on DLL's in Wikipedia to understand the details and history as to why things are the way they are today.

post edited by cdickey - 2009/05/22 14:01:55
    Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
    • Total Posts : 2084
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/05/22 13:55:57 (permalink)

Well That sums it up..Lets make a product charge alot of money for it and have no support or very little, Oh thats real nice.. $4000 bucks Thank god I didnt buy it first .. I'll stick with my Tascam Board, and when That dies I wont be getting the V board not for $4000, OMG with business practices like this it gets me scared ,thinking that Now cakewalk has a partner ( Roland) it seems they needed to pick up roland to keep the company going , with there bug riddin release of sp 8 ,I know alot of user wont be upgrading to sp 9 , I wont not right away never again......
    So having a partner now seem there on a thin line , So it seems this V700 is a flop what dose roland do, They 86 cakewalk,, and FL becomes the leader in PC Daws..

Hey guys,

As many of you probably know by now, many of us here at Cakewalk chime in on the forums and help out when we can. We are delighted to do so in spite of the fact that this is indeed a peer to peer forum. Why do we do it? We do it because we genuinely love our products and we appreciate and enjoy interacting with our customers.

If help is not available to your specific problem here on the forum we do have a 100% free of charge support staff which you can take advantage of via phone or email. As a VS-700 owner not only can you take advantage of extended support hours, but you're call will also advance to the top of the queue, meaning you will get through to our staff quicker than all other customers. And of course, you can email tech support 24/7.

I feel like, especially compared with some companies who shall remain nameless and who charge you money for tech support, that we offer very good customer care.
    cdickey
    RE: List of VS-700C Issues 2009/05/22 14:32:50 (permalink)
    Seth,

It would be smart PR for you guys to post an answer on this forum to GuyPicks question about audio distortion. If you don't it is obvious that people will have the impression that there are big flaws in the V-Studio 700.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1