Loading Soft Synth (rapture/Dimension) causes X2 to freeze

Author
LaryMary
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 85
2013/04/21 16:00:14 (permalink)

Loading Soft Synth (rapture/Dimension) causes X2 to freeze

Hi there,

A friend of mine who  has recently installed X2 Producer is reporting a problem.  

They have a single piano audio track. When they then try to insert either Rapture or Dimension Pro, accepting the defaults of a simple track,  the program freezes.  The Rapture or Dimension I/F page comes into view but then is not 'selected' or useable. The mouse doesn't work either and the only way to get out of it is to use the 'Control+Alt+Esc' sequence to cancel everything.  This then drops back to W7 which is still working and the mouse comes back.

Their version of X2 is via the CD route, not download, as they have no internet access.

I tried using it myself and managed to get it working, sort of, although there was a long delay between the Rapture/Dimension Interface displaying and the system responding - about 10 - 15 seconds maybe longer.   But shortly after this it froze again.  

I am not sure where to start to try and help.  

Their system is a Millenniummusic PC, Intel i3 3220 3Ghz CPU, Windows 7 Home Premium, 8GB Ram, 1TB WD HDD partitioned into two, X2 Producer.

Any advice on how to work through this to identify the culprit/problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Homebuilt Desktop PC
AMD Phenom II four-core processor 3.4Ghz, Asus M5A78L AM3+ mobo, 16Gb Ram, 250Gb SSD for OS & Programs, 120Gb SSD, 1TB Project HDD, 1TB Samples HDD, 
Sonar Platinum, Zoom R16, Shure SM58

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1