Loading a TTS-1 bank

Author
jjdubs
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 66
2011/09/18 20:29:40 (permalink)

Loading a TTS-1 bank

Is there a way for TTS-1 to automatically load a particular bank at start-up? John

4 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Loading a TTS-1 bank 2011/09/20 15:25:57 (permalink)
    I thought it defaulted to piano on start up. 

TTS is a good synth to learn on but once you learn about MIDI, and some of the sampled synths, you soon learn that TTS sounds "Midi" at best and the samples are much better sounding. 

I stopped using TTS even though it is a fine little 16 channel synth when I started using samples..... they completely ruined me on using GM sounds. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Loading a TTS-1 bank 2011/09/20 16:08:09 (permalink)
    You could probably set the TTS-1 up the way you want and save its audio track as a track template. What would be the advantage of having it open with a bank other than 0?
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Loading a TTS-1 bank 2011/09/20 19:33:35 (permalink)
    jjdubs

Is there a way for TTS-1 to automatically load a particular bank at start-up? John
    No, and yes(sort of)
    As GH mentioned, TTS-1 defaults to piano (bank 0/patch 0) on startup.
    However, you can create a project, and save it as a template. as Chappel stated. 
    This project would have the bank and patch selections in the MIDI tracks (not the TTS-1 GUI).
    So it's not fully automatic, but you can have your bank/patch selections preset when you open the project.

Chappel, TTS-1 is a GM2 synth. The 128 patches in bank 0 cover GM1, and the other 128 are spread over the other banks.
    Some patches are variation on the instruments in bank 0, and some are entirely different instruments.
    post edited by RobertB - 2011/09/20 19:42:32

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Loading a TTS-1 bank 2011/09/20 20:41:59 (permalink)
    RobertB

jjdubs

No, and yes(sort of)
    As GH mentioned, TTS-1 defaults to piano (bank 0/patch 0) on startup.
    However, you can create a project, and save it as a template. as Chappel stated. 
    This project would have the bank and patch selections in the MIDI tracks (not the TTS-1 GUI).
    So it's not fully automatic, but you can have your bank/patch selections preset when you open the project.

Chappel, TTS-1 is a GM2 synth. The 128 patches in bank 0 cover GM1, and the other 128 are spread over the other banks.
    Some patches are variation on the instruments in bank 0, and some are entirely different instruments.

I have, on occasion, used different banks on the TTS-1 and know what is in them. I just don't see the advantage in changing the default bank to other than 0 since it is so easy to change banks/patches and all the default patches are variations of a piano. If one is going to change the patch it is just as easy to change the bank at the same time.

Also, I didn't suggest using a Project Template, but a TRACK template. The OP could set the TTS-1 any way he wants and export it as a track template. Then insert that into any project. If the OP wants to insert the TTS-1 into a project with other than the default banks this is the only way I know of to do it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1