Helpful ReplyLooking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
djwolf
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2017/09/01 13:43:31 (permalink)

Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials

While downloading the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar Platinum in an attempt to solve my "cant get Kontakt 5 to behave and play in Sonar" issue, Cakewalk offered me some "getting Started" tutorial videos to watch.  Now, I can't remember the titles because they were so advanced that I didn't even know what they were referring to.  What I really need is information on how to get Kontakt 5 to work in Sonar.  I almost got it before but instruments were dropping out or becoming barely audible and between Spitfire Audio, Native instruments, Cakewalk and the maker of my audio device, Focusrite, getting bounced around from one forum to another, I have yet to get this all working three years after first buying Sonar Platinum.  I tend to bash my head against a wall and then in frustration get involved in some graphics art project before returning months later.

My latest frustration concerns the fact that by downloading the most recent version of Sonar the Synth / VST instrument panel in the browser has changed and Kontakt 5 no longer shows up there.  Please, Cakewalk.  Publish some videos that actually explain how to get started - like how to get sound and not on an out of date version that is now irrelevant.

I'm sorry if people think I come off as "angry".  I am.  I've spent many thousands of dollars and I'm a hairs breath from buying a Mac and the latest Logic Audio which was fine and straightforward before they were bought by Apple and they betrayed the PC community.
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 14:10:53 (permalink)
Hi. Try to do a vst re scan, or a reset and a re scan of your plugins.
Go to Preferences (P), File, Vst Settings. Choose manual scan, and press Scan. Enable scan existing plugins (You must set scan option to Manual Scan).
If that doesn't work, remove the "Scan exisiting plugins" option, press reset, followed by Scan.
Hope this will work.
There are quite a bit of video's over at http://www.cakewalk.com/CakeTV
All the best.
Edit: I know it's very frustrating not having things work the way the are supposed to.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

ljb500
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 15:05:41 (permalink)
djwolf
While downloading the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar Platinum in an attempt to solve my "cant get Kontakt 5 to behave and play in Sonar" issue, Cakewalk offered me some "getting Started" tutorial videos to watch.  Now, I can't remember the titles because they were so advanced that I didn't even know what they were referring to.  What I really need is information on how to get Kontakt 5 to work in Sonar.  I almost got it before but instruments were dropping out or becoming barely audible and between Spitfire Audio, Native instruments, Cakewalk and the maker of my audio device, Focusrite, getting bounced around from one forum to another, I have yet to get this all working three years after first buying Sonar Platinum.  I tend to bash my head against a wall and then in frustration get involved in some graphics art project before returning months later.

My latest frustration concerns the fact that by downloading the most recent version of Sonar the Synth / VST instrument panel in the browser has changed and Kontakt 5 no longer shows up there.  Please, Cakewalk.  Publish some videos that actually explain how to get started - like how to get sound and not on an out of date version that is now irrelevant.

I'm sorry if people think I come off as "angry".  I am.  I've spent many thousands of dollars and I'm a hairs breath from buying a Mac and the latest Logic Audio which was fine and straightforward before they were bought by Apple and they betrayed the PC community.

compared to other daws, cakewalk are definitely lacking on the tutorial front.
theres a few videos kicking about on youtube which are platinum specific and theres the groove3 videos which are paid although they have a 72hrs all access pass offer on atm so you could probably binge watch the tutorials for free if you really needed to.
other than that theres a fair few videos for the older sonar x1,x2,x3 with a lot of the info apparently being applicable to the current sonar.
IMO it would definately be wise for cakewalk to make up to date in depth tutorials for current versions for those who are new to the program, i also think it would make it more appealing to those who are looking to purchase it.

djwolf
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 15:23:56 (permalink)
Hi Zargg,

The new way is different.  I found Kontakt 5 in "Samplers" and fiddled around with it considerably by deleting the three "Kontakt 5" entries which are useless - which of these has 64 outputs, 16 outputs or 8 - and found a way for the renaming to Kontakt 8, Kontakt 16 and Kontakt 64 to stick.

As for the "Getting Started" videos at Cake TV, the first being "Mix Recall" under "Getting Started - helpful videos and tutorials covering the basics".  What a joke?  That's for Audio Engineers to get started with Sonar, it is not for the general public who have downloaded this program.  There needs to be a "getting started" section that has tutorials on installation, activating third party instruments, how to route an instance of Kontakt and a troubleshooting video that addresses the many common mistakes newbes continue to make... As in "getting started."

I was hoping that such videos and tutorials existed.  It seems as if they don't.
djwolf
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 15:29:34 (permalink)
I agree ljb.  That is what I liked about Logic Audio.  A very advanced program for its time but they at least accepted that there were a lot of musicians out there who were not audio engineers and who really just wanted to do the most simplest of things - everything was spelled out.  Then along came Apple.

Cakewalk needs to pick up its game.
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 16:38:27 (permalink)
I agree that supplying top quality video's is what is expected in todays market. People kicking the tires will Google your product and the first thing that should show is demo video's and the tutorials on getting started. I've done this myself when purchasing just about anything. I make judgements on who I will be giving my hard earned money to by the quality  of those videos. It often gives me good insight into how the product will serve me.

Videos have become the preferred format for learning. Written text is not for everyone.
And they are better off paying someone other than technical staff to make the videos as we all know nobody will understand them :)  
How many times have we had to walk a Newbie through he basic steps of setting up Sonar to play a VST instrument or get the microphone to work.
Should you have to pay $500 for software and then be expected to pay for the tutorials? not sure about that one.  

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 16:40:53 (permalink)
I know video tutorials seem like they should be a given but what did we do before that ?
We looked things up in the Sonar CHM. something I still do now.
Making videos cost money if you want them done right. Groove 3 offers some great videos for Sonar.

Think about it, you paid for the software not the videos.
The videos that are online from cakewalk are free... but does that really mean cakewalk should be on the hook to create free ones for its user base ?

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 17:18:18 (permalink)
Good point, Chuck. Many of us managed to get here on the barest of information. However, we tend to forget just how steep that initial learning curve was. Do you remember what it was like to not have a clue, to not even know what questions to ask much less be prepared to act on the answers? I don't, either. I get a little reminder every time I plunge into something completely new, but that just doesn't happen too often anymore.

There have been many pleas for beginner tutorials. It's by far the most-requested aid, I think. The problem is that those kinds of tutorials are actually quite difficult to make. When I was a classroom instructor, I had the luxury of asking my students how I was doing, and encouraging them to stop me if they heard anything that didn't make sense. Learning via videos is very different. The instructor has no idea if his concepts are crossing the divide, and the student has no way to ask for clarification.

When I watch a groove3 video I am often frustrated that they're too basic and too slow-moving, although they are well-organized and factual. But even they don't how to make a proper beginner tutorial. That requires stripping away all presumptions about what the viewer already knows, and starting at bare metal. That, in turn, means that many viewers will be put off because it's too basic and too slow-moving. The video would be hundreds of hours in duration and expensive to produce. And the gurus at Cakewalk are probably the last people you'd want to write that script!

What's the solution? Beginners are best at explaining things to other beginners. They don't have the full story, and they may be handicapped by misinformation. But standing at the foot of the precipice looking up, they have a clearer understanding of the magnitude of the challenge than the mountaineer standing at the top does. Beginners, start making your own videos! Folks here will gladly review them for factual accuracy so you don't embarrass yourself when you post it on YouTube.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 17:19:37 (permalink)
User support that is "good enough" is a difficult thing. During the phone support era I once commented that
the time needed to manage half a dozen phonecalls probably compensates for all the profit CW gets for a couple of copies of medium price SONAR/MC.
Well, my first contact with CW support was via mail...air-mail. In three weeks I got a well written, clear answer.

Videos are a bit risky nowadays, as anyone can publish them. You may sometimes step on s***t.
I'm still a fan of traditional manuals.
Have you tested the SONAR User manual/reference book (pdf) and the tutorials you find pressing F1 (at least they used to be there, and I've seen comments here indicating they still are).

Reading the manual you can concentrate on any limited area at a time. But shure, you don't find anything third party specific (like Kontakt) info there.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
Zargg
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 17:35:10 (permalink)
djwolf
Hi Zargg,

The new way is different.  I found Kontakt 5 in "Samplers" and fiddled around with it considerably by deleting the three "Kontakt 5" entries which are useless - which of these has 64 outputs, 16 outputs or 8 - and found a way for the renaming to Kontakt 8, Kontakt 16 and Kontakt 64 to stick.

You can categorize plugins as well. Click on the little arrow on the plugins tab.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 17:48:34 (permalink)
First I have never actually watched a Sonar video as myself I learn better from text because I can follow the terminology. And I also am not willing to pay for the video's being a cheapskate. I bought the Power Book for X2 and a lot of that is still relevant. Nice to have it right there. I do try and use Sonars help files as well but sometimes it's not easy to navigate if your not sure what it is your trying to do.

And I agree that making good videos is not cheap , what I'm saying is if your looking for a way to improve your companies image and reach more new users then I would think it's money well invested. I buy product based on the "perceived" support they show on their web sites.
With studio software and hardware you'll get a real quick idea if they are Pro Mac or Pro PC.
As example Focusrite is Pro Mac as far as I can tell when I look on their web site.

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

djwolf
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 21:57:38 (permalink)
The idea isn't knew.  It's called documentation and there is an industry that writes documentation and creates videos for software.  And, given that a very large segment of Cakewalk users also use Kontakt 5, I would have thought it would be smart to cover the installation of Kontakt within Sonar.  After all, the current videos increase the prestige of Cakewalk by promoting the advanced features to a very select user base.  However, videos on how to install, how to activate instruments and most of all, how to route and setup keyboards and samplers - that is, how to get Sonar to work is the money - that's the point of sale and you don't skimp there.

Right now, I can't get Sonar to work.  It's been like that for a while and it has never worked.  I don't know if it is Sonar, Kontakt 5, the Spitfire Audio instruments that cost me thousands, my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, my Win 7 OS or some little setting somewhere that I have yet to find.  Maybe there's a fault or maybe its me and until I can get an accurate description of the processes involved, I'm lost.

I've been to the Kontakt forums and read how to install it into Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton, and Cubase but there is nothing about Cakewalk.  I guess Cakewalk just doesn't have a big enough slice of the market.  They could fix that with a video that showed how well Cakewalk and Kontakt work together.  That's all. 
ljb500
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 22:29:14 (permalink)
I'd make a new thread and ask the specific question about sonar and kontakt, other kontakt users here might be able to shed some light. Also worth asking on Facebook groups if youuse it, sonar user group is really helpful, I'm guessing there s probably other groups for kontakt or ni which might be able to help as well.
ljb500
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/01 22:29:14 (permalink)
I'd make a new thread and ask the specific question about sonar and kontakt, other kontakt users here might be able to shed some light. Also worth asking on Facebook groups if youuse it, sonar user group is really helpful, I'm guessing there s probably other groups for kontakt or ni which might be able to help as well.
Joe_A
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 458
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 00:17:49 (permalink)
It might be worth it to pay a consultant to come in and set-up your system and give you a "jump start" on the settings' requests you'll encounter when doing different projects.

That would get you going to the point of getting known good start-up screens when powering up and starting projects. A good consultant would explain what he/she's doing, what's a good screen, what's unexpected, how to use the documentation he's using/where is it, etc.

It depends on how much time you want to spend, more importantly where do you want to spend your time, etc. There is info and docs out there but it depends on the circumstances of the individual.

That and managing expectations. It's frustrating not to have "instant answers" in this day and age but in reality those don't exist unless the content is pure data like math or history.

With art, like music, painting, similar, I'm sure many painters slammed over their canvases and paint because no one could tell him how to mix a certain color of blue, or some crazy thing, then he picked up and coming carried on. Or he gave up. All the while driving his friends and family crazy. Because no one could tell him how to set up to get his art out there and he didn't know how to ask the right way.

There's a million colors but he couldn't mix them right. He thought others should have the answers but didn't, but pressed on because he really wanted to learn and create his art.

So he learned a few colors, then a few more, and one day he realized he was getting a few paintings done despite it all. Then he started helping other artists and found out that he also learned, while helping others. And that made him create even better art.

Long story short it can be a aggravating but hanging in there is also an art.

hey sorry for the long post but once I started writing it just turned into a story, feel free to use or ignore. Most importantly keep making music!

All the best.

jambrose@cfl.rr.com  Sonar Plat. Lifetime. Started in Sonar 4, each through 8.5.3PE.
Scarlett 18i202nd gen., Edirol FA-101, M-Audio Firewire 410, AMD Phenom II 1045T six core processor, 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, dual displays, 1.5 TB SATA HD, USB 2, Firewire 1394A, 1394B, 18/22 mixer, EV Q-66, Yamaha HS50M monitors, few guitars, Fender Cybertwin SE, Fender Cyber foot controller, Boss RC20-XL, misc pedals, etc. Win Home Prem 64 bit.
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 00:21:58 (permalink)
Here is the Cakewalk Video section on YouTube

Enjoy

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
Jesse G
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 00:22:00 (permalink)
Here is the Cakewalk Video section on YouTube

Enjoy

Peace,

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 00:37:17 (permalink)
bitflipper
What's the solution? Beginners are best at explaining things to other beginners. They don't have the full story, and they may be handicapped by misinformation. But standing at the foot of the precipice looking up, they have a clearer understanding of the magnitude of the challenge than the mountaineer standing at the top does. Beginners, start making your own videos! Folks here will gladly review them for factual accuracy so you don't embarrass yourself when you post it on YouTube.

That really is a great idea, bit! I've posted some detailed how-to's for a few things, but they get buried by time.

What do we need to make this easier? Why, a beginner's how-to video on making videos of SONAR.

I've been looking at the free OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) alternative to the paid Mirillis' Action! and Voicemeeter Banana. Guess I should make a video about making a video.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 02:47:31 (permalink)
I also prefer text - I like to read and can learn better that way. But that's me. We all learn differently. I do know one thing. I have been using CW since CWPA 6 (cakewalk Pro Audio 6) in the 80's I believe. 
No matter what learning tools were available the Forums always helped me the most. They still do. 
I also believe a tutorial\Vid\etc about using CW and Kontakt should really come from Kontakt. IMHO. Installing Kontakt is a snap. But learning all the details is a curve for sure.
So I spent many, many hours on the Kontakt forums back in the day....Learned quite a bit there. read thru tons of threads and how to's......

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 04:19:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2017/09/04 16:27:55
TheMaartian
What do we need to make this easier? Why, a beginner's how-to video on making videos of SONAR.

I've been looking at the free OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) alternative to the paid Mirillis' Action! and Voicemeeter Banana. Guess I should make a video about making a video.

Best idea in this thread so far! In addition to being a source of information, a video can also be the most efficient way to ask a question.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
ljb500
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 08:02:45 (permalink)
stratman70
I also prefer text - I like to read and can learn better that way. But that's me. We all learn differently. I do know one thing. I have been using CW since CWPA 6 (cakewalk Pro Audio 6) in the 80's I believe. 
No matter what learning tools were available the Forums always helped me the most. They still do. 
I also believe a tutorial\Vid\etc about using CW and Kontakt should really come from Kontakt. IMHO. Installing Kontakt is a snap. But learning all the details is a curve for sure.
So I spent many, many hours on the Kontakt forums back in the day....Learned quite a bit there. read thru tons of threads and how to's......

I like text but preferably when its on paper, i find it a lot harder to read and digest on a screen. Unfortunately the days of paper manuals are pretty much gone so a combination of small easy to digest text tutorials along with well explained videos would be a good mix IMO.
EddieLotter
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/02 17:09:11 (permalink)
It's worth looking through the "Learn" section at the bottom of this page.
There are some good learning resources listed.

Cheers
Eddie
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 05:11:31 (permalink)
As always i suggest that people do the tutorials accessible via Sonars Help menu. This will give you the basics on which to build.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
garrigus
  • Total Posts : 8599
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 11:26:05 (permalink)
I'll be publishing some videos here... some beginner, some not...
* https://www.youtube.com/S...gus?sub_confirmation=1
* https://www.youtube.com/D...deo?sub_confirmation=1
* https://www.youtube.com/NewTechReviewVideo?sub_confirmation=1

--
Scott R. Garrigus - http://www.garrigus.com
* Cakewalk SONAR Video Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/u...gus?sub_confirmation=1
* Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series: http://garrigus.com/?PowerBooks
* Publisher of the DigiFreq music recording newsletter: http://www.digifreq.com/
* Publisher of the NewTechReview consumer tech newsletter: http://www.newtechreview.com/
KingsMix
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 498
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 13:05:43 (permalink)
As I think others may have eluded to< Invest in a one month or more subscription to Groove 3.
That way you can delve into Sonar, Kontakt etc. all as individual training, as well as what ever else you might come across as you peruse that site. After your thousand of dollars of investments in your tools, this subscription for at least one month is way beyond worth it. Imho
Jesse G
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 14:53:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Offlabeluse 2017/09/05 12:24:18
djwolf
While downloading the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar Platinum in an attempt to solve my "cant get Kontakt 5 to behave and play in Sonar" issue, Cakewalk offered me some "getting Started" tutorial videos to watch.  Now, I can't remember the titles because they were so advanced that I didn't even know what they were referring to.  What I really need is information on how to get Kontakt 5 to work in Sonar.

Kontact 5 and Cakewalk Sonar   (View the Video)

Kontact and Cakewalk Sonar

Peace,

FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 16:31:08 (permalink)
garrigus

--
* Cakewalk SONAR Video Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/u...gus?sub_confirmation=1
* Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series: http://garrigus.com/?PowerBooks
* Publisher of the DigiFreq music recording newsletter: http://www.digifreq.com/
* Publisher of the NewTechReview consumer tech newsletter: http://www.newtechreview.com/

I will be looking forward to the videos Scott.  

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
richardskeltmusic
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 18:01:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Offlabeluse 2017/09/05 12:24:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGH2A9xKfw  was the one that solved the Kontakt problem I had.  I was trying to get each K5 instrument to line up to a separate sonar track:  the presets/batch selection button in K5 is crucial.  The K5 manual may have the info but I didn't find it or realise the significance within the Sonar context, and it is so K5 specific that I wouldn't expect Sonar documentation to include it - but I had spent many frustrating hours before I lucked accross this...
Jesse G
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/04 19:23:46 (permalink)
That's the video in my post above and the one I sent as a pm to djwolf.

Peace,

garrigus
  • Total Posts : 8599
Re: Looking for some REAL "getting started" tutorials 2017/09/05 12:04:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2017/09/05 15:56:54
FCCfirstclass
garrigus

--

I will be looking forward to the videos Scott.  

Thanks Clint! Working on it. :)
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1