Looking for vocal collaborators

Author
Texrat
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1531
2009/03/26 14:33:11 (permalink)

Looking for vocal collaborators

I've decided I'd like to open up my current songwriter showcase project to additional vocalists. My voice is giving me grief and my audio interface (E-mu 0202) refuses to work properly on any PC I've tried.

Instrumentals for the first songs are here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1674075&mpage=1&key=�

For "Leaver's Lament", I'd really like a female singer, preferrably folk or country. In my mind I hear Emmylou Harris but I'm open! It could even be a male singer but a female voice adds more poignancy given the subject. The song is an old-fashioned cowboy lament a la Sons of the Pioneers.

For "This train is Moving" I hear Clint Black or Alan Jackson, but again, I'm open. It's a honky tonk number so keep that in mind.

I can't offer any money, only credits and the promise that I will get your voice in front of whoever I can (hopefully my old Nashville contacts are still reachable). I know a local producer who might be interested as well-- he's putting together a family-oriented country album and told me he'd like to add vocalists (he maybe be using 1 or 2 of my songs). I would also be willing to return the favor with co-writing or graphics work.

I understand if there are no bites. I'm new here and unproven I know. But I'm hopeful! What I'll do is email my own sorry vocals plus a chord sheet with lyrics for reference.

I will be uploading more recent mixes of both numbers soon!

8 Replies Related Threads

evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/26 20:13:31 (permalink)
    Well, I followed the links. Go to another cakewalk page then to your link down on that one. It's a little difficult, Rat. Sounds nice but it was difficult to figure where one would start singing. Maybe I missed some instructions. I'd put a link directly from here to your Soundclick page. I have patience tonight so I played with it. Once you get where you're going.... well, I liked Lover's lament but gave up. Are there any with YOUR vocals on it.
    post edited by evadianepug - 2009/03/26 20:20:30

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Texrat
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 00:11:42 (permalink)
    Sorry Warren-- here's the direct link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=936516

I will do some rough vocals and then post when I'm done, to give people an idea. Sorry if I didn't make that clear... I was mainly just seeing if there was any interest before I went much further. Allergies are currently wrecking my singing but that should clear up soon. If nothing else I can post the markers tomorrow.

I did do remixes of both songs, and I think they're improved. More to come, and thanks for responding!
    evadianepug
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 00:47:18 (permalink)
    Nice stuff. I really liked Storm Landing. I don't consider myself a vocalist. You can see what I mean on my myspace or soundclicjk page. Some I can do, someI can't. I'm good at harmonies (AAA Illinois sight reading champions) ha! Anyway I'd like to hear yours. The music is interesting. You never know what can happen. Your stuff is interesting.

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    SonarX3
    robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 00:58:25 (permalink)
    Oh shut up Warren, You're a great singer! You have a style all your own, don't discount it :-) I mean it, I think you're a great singer.

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    Texrat
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 01:09:50 (permalink)
    Thanks Warren!

Here's my plan for this first project (Think or Swim): I'm trying to do a sort of Country/Rock/Blues "Alan Parsons" sorta endeavor. My writing, and the contributions of anyone with talent who wants to jump in for whatever exposure I can wrangle.

I will do a full production of each song (10 or so) with the devices at my disposal, and then open the songs up to contributions. That's vocals, instruments, what-have-you. I'd really love to get some harmonies going...

My best friend, Randy Stallard, is a guitarist/vocalist for a police C&W band here in Texas and I'm trying to get his participation at the very least. The guy is very talented.

Oh and as for "Storm's Landing"-- that was done years ago, but unfortunately I don't have the original any more. I could do a better mix now, but ah well...
    evadianepug
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 01:14:07 (permalink)
    Robby, what can I say? Thanks! Rat, I'd love to hear your stuff and maybe contribute. I'm just starting to get into that up here. Let us know!

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    SonarX3
    Texrat
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/27 01:21:35 (permalink)
    I am sooo glad I bought Sonar 8 and joined this forum. I am meeting some of the greatest people!
    Skarda
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 271
    RE: Looking for vocal collaborators 2009/03/29 14:29:48 (permalink)
    Hi, Per my comment on your other post, go ahead an email the 2 songs without vocals so I can have a crack at it. send to dan@danskarda.com

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1