Helpful ReplyLooking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum

Author
GjB
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 197
2018/05/23 05:30:02 (permalink)

Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum

I'm looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum moving forward..
Then we can keep things simple, mark posts and especially post titles as being [FIXED] when they are, etc.
I for one in the past, have fallen into the trap of posting in forums more than striving to be productive with the actual software.
There must be a few similar people sometimes.
Unfortunately, some people get used to the addictive feeling of community, but also a dramatic sense of entitlement.
I'm a supporter of free speech, but I don't mind if the mods are very heavy handed if it means keeping things clean, drama free, and ultimately easier for people to find useful content.
Just saying. 

The Computer Mouse (web)
Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Focusrite 2i4 (Gen 1), i7-3770K, NH-D14, 32 Gigs, GTX 970, SSDs and HD, Sony MDR-7506, M-Audio Code 61. Easy-install guide
Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/23 16:02:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paulo 2018/05/23 19:12:40
Actually, it's the community here that made me come back (daily) since I joined. I've made many friends here that go waaaay Beyond Cakewalk  and been fortunate to collaborate with some very talented/knowledgeable musicians/engineers while learning a lot from them.

The community here (before the Gibson bail out) was a one of a kind that I haven't seen in any of the other online forums...... which I believe is/was the "addictive" feeling I got (especially hanging out with the CH regulars). The drama and all the other nonsense was mainly 'upstairs'.....mostly from the non-regulars.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the new forum, but rather looking forward to seeing the people that have been visiting here regularly. Music and friendship is what it's all about (at least for me).    

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/23 16:21:52 (permalink)
I'm with ya Mesh. 

Technically we are in the new Cakewalk now, just using the same forum software which I hope doesn't look extremely different when and or if it is changed.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/23 19:26:31 (permalink)
Mesh
Actually, it's the community here that made me come back (daily) since I joined. I've made many friends here that go waaaay Beyond Cakewalk  and been fortunate to collaborate with some very talented/knowledgeable musicians/engineers while learning a lot from them.

The community here (before the Gibson bail out) was a one of a kind that I haven't seen in any of the other online forums...... which I believe is/was the "addictive" feeling I got (especially hanging out with the CH regulars). The drama and all the other nonsense was mainly 'upstairs'.....mostly from the non-regulars.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the new forum, but rather looking forward to seeing the people that have been visiting here regularly. Music and friendship is what it's all about (at least for me).    

Exactly this. The actual main product forum that we know here as "upstairs" is  actually the least attractive of all the various sub-forums IMO. 
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/23 21:36:28 (permalink)
I agree,  music is about relationships (amongst other things).  

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

GjB
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/24 00:02:16 (permalink)
Yes, I'm with all you on the friendship thing. 
And I am talking about `upstairs', as you put it.
I just didn't know where else to rant as such, other than here in the Coffee House.

I really wanted to say something in the Sonar section - but bit my tongue.
Some of the self-entitled, attention-seeking, petty drama queens should really have their own forum, where they can have a dramatic thread title competition, and diss as many things as they can.

Yeah, I know.. I'm not being a good example by typing this, either.
I am waiting for my Cakewalk by BandLab coffee mug in the post, though.

Thanks for listening.

The Computer Mouse (web)
Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Focusrite 2i4 (Gen 1), i7-3770K, NH-D14, 32 Gigs, GTX 970, SSDs and HD, Sony MDR-7506, M-Audio Code 61. Easy-install guide
Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/24 12:40:06 (permalink)
GjB
I just didn't know where else to rant as such, other than here in the Coffee House.

Some of the self-entitled, attention-seeking, petty drama queens should really have their own forum, where they can have a dramatic thread title competition, and diss as many things as they can.

Thanks for listening.

This has (more or less) been the case for a long, long time (especially when a new version of Sonar was released), and why most of us preferred to hang out 'downstairs'.....where it was/is much more civil. There were quite a few coffee houser's that refused to go upstairs.

Grab a cup of your favourite brew, a plate of becan (it's becan in here, not bacon), and enjoy.
Welcome to the CH!!  

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/24 16:18:21 (permalink)
GjB

Personally I find all the sycophants and egos up there far more off-putting than the occasional rant from someone who feels hard done by, however misguided or misdirected the rant in question might be. Those people usually come and go relatively quickly, but the others are always present and ready to jump on anyone who dares to not share their view. 

It's not what it once was down here in the basement, hasn't been for some time now for whatever reason, but still preferable to upstairs IMO.

GjB
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/24 21:26:46 (permalink)
Mesh
GjB

Thanks for listening.

This has (more or less) been the case for a long, long time (especially when a new version of Sonar was released), and why most of us preferred to hang out 'downstairs'.....where it was/is much more civil. There were quite a few coffee houser's that refused to go upstairs.

Grab a cup of your favourite brew, a plate of becan (it's becan in here, not bacon), and enjoy.
Welcome to the CH!!  

Thanks.
(I noticed that you also have an i3770K, NH-D14 and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.)

The Computer Mouse (web)
GjB
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/24 21:33:47 (permalink)
paulo
GjB

Personally I find all the sycophants and egos up there far more off-putting than the occasional rant from someone who feels hard done by, however misguided or misdirected the rant in question might be. Those people usually come and go relatively quickly, but the others are always present and ready to jump on anyone who dares to not share their view. 

It's not what it once was down here in the basement, hasn't been for some time now for whatever reason, but still preferable to upstairs IMO.

Sure. I understand. I guess it works both ways, and everything is perception. Maybe I'm a bit of a sycophant sometimes, in that I want to try to help a cause if it can seem to do some good. If a thread title seems overly dramatic and an injustice to the quality or product or service itself, I want to see that the title is labelled as fixed - when it is fixed, so that the hard working BandLab/Cakewalk folks can get some slack - when the op could have searched before posting their unjustified rant, etc.
It's all good. Each to their own.

The Computer Mouse (web)
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/27 01:57:42 (permalink)
I don't want to be part of any forum that would have someone like me as a member. But, this was the only place that would let me post on my fav music topics. Try opening a thread on Marvin Hamlisch on KVR. They will eat you alive.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: Looking forward to a new Cakewalk by BandLab forum 2018/05/27 01:58:00 (permalink)
Trust me.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1