Looploft wav samples and Loop Lessons Learned.... [Problem SOLVED]

Author
berlymahn
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
2014/10/30 22:30:17 (permalink)

Looploft wav samples and Loop Lessons Learned.... [Problem SOLVED]

Downloaded a bunch.

1. Having trouble with them fitting in the tempo correctly. (never a problem until now)
2. Viewer playback is very studdery...

No issues with any of my other preloaded cakewalk audio folder wav samples.

I'm missing something.....

Any reference material you all know of?
post edited by berlymahn - 2014/11/03 19:47:19

Jim Wim  
On Soundcloud as: Dammit Eugene / Scenic Mental Detours / Narrow Now
https://soundcloud.com/dammit-eugene/tracks

18 Replies Related Threads

berlymahn
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/30 22:32:52 (permalink)
    Sorry - sonar x3 producer..

Jim Wim  
    sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/30 22:41:10 (permalink)
    Are you using the rex versions or the wavs? I recently purchased the funk bundle (astounding quality drum loops by the way) for slicing in Geist, and found I needed to use the rex files for correct playback when sliced. I think it's a few dollars more to get all the filetypes, not sure if rex comes as standard. If you don't have the rex loops it might be worth contacting LoopLoft and asking them if you can upgrade. That's a dangerous site man, there are so many sample packs of stupendous quality available.

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    berlymahn
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/30 23:22:21 (permalink)
    bought wavs..... (I am a bit loop ignant.....  beginning to feel huge regret. 

Got to study up asap on this.

Jim Wim  
    berlymahn
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/30 23:27:13 (permalink)
    are rex versions easier to use?  (align with tempo?, auto import as groove clips?, etc.)

Jim Wim  
    sharke
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/31 00:26:11 (permalink)
    Rex files are designed to be looped and follow the project's tempo. When you drag a rex file into Sonar, it effectively becomes a groove clip. You need to read up about Sonar groove clips and how to make them. You can certainly turn regular wavs into groove clips: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X2&language=3&help=Looping.07.html#1081207

Like I said though, it might be worth going back to the LoopLoft site and seeing how much extra they charge for the "deluxe" pack which contains the different formats. I know it wasn't much more expensive for the loops I bought. Depending on how helpful the LoopLoft guys are, they might just agree to let you pay the extra for the full pack. However if they don't, just use your wavs as regular groove clips. 

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on groove clips. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    berlymahn
    Re: Looploft wav samples 2014/10/31 07:52:26 (permalink)
    I can go back to Looploft and probably ask them to swap out for Rex2 files.

My basic need is to audition the track in browser (and hear how it will sound in the project) and then drag it in and have it be a groove clip - presto.  I've not had this problem before with wavs in the browser (but some are Groove clip ready, and some aren't).....

Have read all the cwalk documentation....(I think).

Jim Wim  
    berlymahn
    TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/01 14:51:44 (permalink)
    We'll this has turned out to be a stinking disaster.... took advantage of purchasing the Platinum Offer from looploft.com.  Cost me $204 via Paypal.  (Purchased the whole TheLoopLoft series in the 'wav' format.  4.5 gig of loops!!!)  First time I've have ever bought loops.....a huge mistake.

Have now discovered that I should have bought the rx2 format files (same price at the time.)  Can't reach looploft (they have no phone and don't reply to any email or their 'contact us' site.)  Feels pretty much like they are one of those boutique shops that could care less about customers. I'm not not even asking about a refund, just simply want to get the right kind of files to enable rapid production (their stuff sounded good).  Now I am stuck with the wavs..... can't get the wav format loops to adapt to the tempo and when I attempt to groove clip them they take on some sort of stutter problem associated with the time hacks Sonar X3 has (not a latency issue with my machine, btw).  I just don't have the time to mess with the wav format to get things to work and have simply deleted all looploft content from my machine in the meantime.  What a way to kill the beauty of music production.  Have gone to PayPal to press TheLoopLoft for a swap to rx2 format files vice the wavs, but am guessing I have probably pissed away the $200..... anyway, best to ask around before purchasing from some of these boutique loop dealers - they simply are too small minded to consider the benefit of being responsive to customers.  Could have been a simple customer responsiveness fix.

Lessons learned:
    1) make darn sure you know the limitations of wav vs. rx2 formats..... cakewalk documentation is actually a bit weak there, in my opinion (all focused on groove clip stuff) ..... I did read though all the groove clip stuff.
    2) do business with dealers who understand customers needs (ask around), and if a purchase mistake was made, they are at least professional enough to return a call and work things out (I wasn't even asking for a refund, just a different format).
    3) rex format files adapt to tempo....best suited for beats.  This is Really important.
    4) wav format files require groove clip looping processing to be done....and god knows I suck at it.... or something like that.  Takes time to do.... a pain for workflow speed.  REX is so much faster.
    5) if you drum (and I do), then buy a decent interface and record your own beats in each project....more personal to your style for the most part (but takes lots more time).  I just wanted to be lazy and use someone else's content. 

Any other beats companies out there that you all have had success with?

Many thanks, Sharke!

Jim Wim  
    perfectprint
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 862
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/01 14:56:38 (permalink)
    try ctr+dragging them to fit to required bar, and then bounce them down. bouncing is important as it switches from online to offline. also experiment with time stretching algorithms. also make sure your bar setting are correct with ctr+L.

Sonar Platinum                      

berlymahn
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/01 15:55:35 (permalink)
    I'll read up on it.... good to know.  Thank you.

Jim Wim  
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/01 16:15:02 (permalink)
    From the timeline in this thread, it looks like the company has not been given even 1 business day to respond to your request. Is it possible LoopLoft support takes weekends off?
    berlymahn
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/01 17:13:38 (permalink)
    Started comms with them on Thurs via a number of channels. No reply at all.

A simple reply to state they will get back would have sufficed. Or even a quick call (gave my number to them). This was an easy customer fix. I think part of it is the perception that I am going to scam them by having both wavs and rx2 versions. Couldn't be farther from reality. I am more of the mind that this is their hard earned intellectual property licensed to me, and they deserved to have their work protected. I get that totally. To violate that for me would be sort of a bad karma thing as far as my music goes. Music is truly one of the best things in life.

Jim Wim  
    sharke
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/02 01:30:10 (permalink)
    I think you're probably giving Loop Loft a bit of a hard rap here. The "all formats" download of the Platinum bundle is only $13 more than the single format version, so it's not as if you having both formats is going to be a loss to them -provided you'd be willing to pay the difference. 

As for them not getting back to you, well that may well be a case of them being a small operation with very few employees. We have a tendency to see a slick looking site and imagine that there's a whole team of staff in a plush office, but very often these companies are staffed by a handful of people (if that) in a tiny room somewhere and I'm sure they sometimes have a backlog of customer support inquiries to get through. I'd persevere. Look at it this way - you've gotten a huge number of top quality drum loops for a quarter of the usual price. It's in their best interests to accommodate your request - you made a mistake when ordering, people do that all the time. Give them a few more days. I run a business myself and I know I sometimes get bogged down by customer emails and new inquiries. This week I've had my parents in town and I've gotten waaaaay behind  You never know what's behind a delay like this. 

I know this is just one person, but I did find this comment on their Facebook page: "Had a snag on my account with The Loop Loft that was *totally* my fault. The result? Snappy and excellent customer service that took care of my problem right away." They seem to get a good press overall. I wouldn't worry about it. 

James
    berlymahn
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/02 19:38:03 (permalink)
    Hell...I'd pay the $13 if it would fix things. LOL

They sent me two email today (on Sunday...shocker)...one provided a link to what they already sent me earlier. Sigh.

The other asking if my DAW would accept REX format files...which I had already communicated to them in an email that Sonar can.

Slow boat to progress, I suppose. ;)

Jim Wim  
    berlymahn
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/03 10:45:43 (permalink)
    TheLoopLoft came through with the RX2 files!

This should improve workflow significantly.  Sigh of relief.

Jim Wim  
    lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/03 11:09:26 (permalink)
    sharke
    I think you're probably giving Loop Loft a bit of a hard rap here.

maybe update the thread title?

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
    berlymahn
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2014/11/03 15:27:47 (permalink)
    Will update title when I get home... this version of IE (at work) sucks!  can barely funtion with the forum.....

Jim Wim  
    philhaarmonik
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: TheLoopLoft.com and my hard learned lessons.... 2017/03/20 06:51:19 (permalink)
    Although this is an old post, I think I would like to add something for the benefit of other users who might be thinking of purchasing products from TheLoopLoft for the first time. Just like mentioned in this post, Loop Loft does not reply to emails. They might be a small shop, low on manpower or whatever, but no business today can justify not having the capacity to respond to support emails within atleast 48-72 hours. Atleast they should mention clearly in their website about their policies and systems so that potential customers know and understand well about what to expect. I purchased the platinum pack recently. They sent me a link which was valid for only 5 downloads. Unfortunately, I live in an Asian country and my internet connectivity is not very reliable and if I would have known how they provide the downloads, I would have probably not gone through with the purchase. Anyways, I ended up not being able to download one of the files which failed repeatedly and then finally ended up with a "link expired" message. I sent an email to info-at-thelooploft.com on 14th and haven't heard back yet. I re-forwarded that to support-at-thelooploft.com yesterday. Their support system apparently sent back an automatic reply suggesting they will get back soon. Nothing so far. Interestingly, I am continuing to get emails related to offers and discounts. I purchased Native Instrument's Komplete Ultimate during their summer sale last year. That is a huge package and yet I could download everything over a two month period on my slow and unreliable internet connection through their great downloading software and yet, here I am stuck on a "link expired" message for a file that is only 200-300mb and there is no one at TheLoopLoft to even reply to my request for help. Very frustrating! So if you are looking to purchase products from them for the first time, just know that you cannot expect support or the level of support is ridiculous by today's standards. I have management level professional experience in the the International Support domain and I am stating this from experience.

I will update this post if, and when, I hear back from them.

Thanks!

Update [3/22/2017]: I received a reply from LoopLoft support and my issue is resolved. The support rep was very helpful.
    post edited by philhaarmonik - 2017/03/21 19:49:35
    timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re: Looploft wav samples and Loop Lessons Learned.... [Problem SOLVED] 2017/03/20 22:24:15 (permalink)
    I had the same issue as the OP with LoopLoft loops.
    (The wavs weren't acidized)
    It was remedied fairly quickly via email where they sent me a link for the REX versions.

I would have preferred the wavs, as was ordered, but so be it. 
    Kind of odd in this day and age that a Loop company's wavs aren't acidizied.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1