Lost In Dream

Author
Basradaem
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 422
2011/08/21 13:08:37 (permalink)

Lost In Dream

"Lost In Dream" is part four of the nightmare.  It is a progressive metal instrumental with various synth elements.  Please go here to listen:

http://www.reverbnation.com/dreambliss

It is the first song on the list.  Enjoy!

Luke Sarro
--------------
Sonar Platinum 64-bit on Windows 10 x64 

13 Replies Related Threads

mstodge
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 984
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/21 14:20:58 (permalink)
    Hi Luke,

This was awesome. I didn't know where i was going to be taken with the intro. But it took me to some beautiful piano section followed by a very meaty guitar riff. Excellent.

Sounds like a lot of work went into this great piece.
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/22 03:57:20 (permalink)
    very cool stuff Luke. I like the guitar sound you have here, some cool riffs too. the synths work well as a way of adding a little colour. drums are well-programmed. doesn't outstay its welcome either. listening to the other songs on your revrbnation page, i see you are instrumental...this is difficult to pull off for a whole album and keep the interest of the listener! i mean there are a few artists who can do it, your Satch's and Vais of course, also bands like Liquid Tension Experiment and Blotted Science, but they tend to be virtuosic types! you thought about trying to find a singer? i enjoy all the songs you have written though. nice one!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/22 18:06:00 (permalink)
    Very interesting piece, Luke: dark, brooding and possibly a bit menacing in tone.  In other words, I think you got what you were after.  The guiytar tone worked nicely against the other synths and helped to create some tension.  Good tune.
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/22 21:45:58 (permalink)
    Weird...I know I posted on this yesterday. Well, here we go again...I think this is cool. I love the 'marriage' of crunchy guitars and piano. :) Glad you finally got time to get in the studio again!
    SeriousNoize
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/23 00:59:12 (permalink)
    Whatever software you are using to make this up with "instrument Sound Wise", it sounds pretty cool . No doubt you have talent with some of the progressions, but the thing is, if you are using pre-made loops/riffs titled "Bridge/Verse/Chorus/Lead/ETC" then that is a bit of a cheat I would think. You made a smart arse comment toward me a couple of years ago about how my music sounds, I USE REAL INSTRUMENTS WHEN RECORDING WITH,PLAYED LIVE, with the exception of the drums which I have no choice considering my situation. I've always liked you Dream, but you should be a little more explanatory as to how you make your music. Just my opinion and no offense meant whatsoever. Sounds good to me, but kinda video game though, needs to not be so proper. JMO. Good luck!
    Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/24 05:04:32 (permalink)
    Hey, Luke,

How are you?  Doing well, I hope!

This is really a fantastic musical thrill ride!  Great composition and arrangement, the synth choices were perfect for the piece, and you really have Electri6ity sounding very authentic for the dark, brooding guitar parts.

Dynamite work, buddy! 
    Bob
    stillnotbanned
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/24 20:48:04 (permalink)
    Nice loud clear mix, good job there. Was your stuff always hard like this? I don't remember it that way? Some choir on the mellow part where the piano comes more prominent would seem to fight nicely. Then some strings where the chimy/bell sounds come in? :-) But you know, "everyone" is a producer...

This piece seems to hold quite a bit of tension/drama, Oh there's the choir at the end!

Enjoyed it, good job.

Robby.
    MetalTeK
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/25 01:59:54 (permalink)
    Hey........good stuff Luke.  Listened to everything on your page.  Really good mix and master.  Everything sound tight, yet has its own niche.  I agree with "mstodge", sounds like you put some time into it.  Are you influenced by KD at all?  And I don't mean Lang.

And thanks again for that offer, that was very generous.  I think I'll be okay now though.
    post edited by MetalTeK - 2011/08/25 02:52:21

stillnotbanned
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/25 02:11:21 (permalink)
    FYI? The same person (not me) just posted twice here? under two different identity's? He likes to do that... I post under one? Some people don't like it? But it is what it is... 

He posts under "many different names... These are only 2? Serious BS and Metal BS...  And the people who run this site surely realize this? I guess they don't mind it?  It is a mental disorder people? Please realize that when this person represents itself as many different people? It is a mental illness? And it's on display right here, in HD...

Robby.

post edited by stillnotbanned - 2011/08/25 02:22:31
    MetalTeK
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/25 02:56:43 (permalink)
    stillnotbanned

FYI? The same person (not me) just posted twice here? under two different identity's? He likes to do that... I post under one? Some people don't like it? But it is what it is... 

He posts under "many different names... These are only 2? Serious BS and Metal BS...  And the people who run this site surely realize this? I guess they don't mind it?  It is a mental disorder people? Please realize that when this person represents itself as many different people? It is a mental illness? And it's on display right here, in HD...

Robby.

Are you talking about me?  Metal BS?  Is that supposed to be me?   If so, how did you come to that conclusion?  You need to get your $hit straight before you open your mouth.   Sounds like you got the mental problem buddy,  you don't know what the hell your talking about. 
    post edited by MetalTeK - 2011/08/25 03:03:28

thepogue
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2458
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/25 08:13:46 (permalink)
    Looks like you hit the bulls-eye as far as getting what you wanted....my ODD kicks in w/o vox after about a min but that's my craziness...the mix was good I just would crank it up a notch overall. If there anything I'd work on it would be the start and finished which both seems too abrupt for my liking.... good job overall!!
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/08/25 11:05:25 (permalink)
    This is really a fine mix/production.  I love the arrangement. Interesting from start to finish.  Sweet drumming!

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    Basradaem
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 422
    Re:Lost In Dream 2011/09/01 21:45:08 (permalink)
    @mstodge – Thanks Mark!  I’m glad you enjoyed it.  This piece only took me three days.  I got this idea in my head and just rolled with it.  Usually when I get into a roll like that it doesn’t take me long to complete.  
    @mgh – Thanks Mark!  Yes, I’m instrumental (and a bit mental too, LOL).  There’s a backstory to go with each piece of music.  So I’m designing the album with having the music tell the story.  I’ve thought about getting a singer for some music that I plan to write, but not on this album.  I’m glad you like the songs!
    @philz – Thanks Phil!  I love doing dark/eerie type stuff and creating tension.  That’s the style I’m going after… I call the concoction of styles “dream metal”.  That should be a new genre! 
    @Janet – Thanks Janet!  I’m glad you like this.  I love the piano so much that I have a tendency to integrate it just about all of my tunes!  I think the only song that doesn’t make use of the piano on the album so far is “Starless Night”.  I think I forgot about it, LOL.  It’s good to be back in action!
    @SeriousNoize – Thanks Bobby!  Well, you’ve known me for some time around here and I write everything by hand using softsynths.  I don’t use loops as I prefer to do everything by hand.  It wouldn’t feel like my own otherwise.  I didn’t explain myself, well because, people that know me know I don’t play real instruments.  Perhaps for the new people I should mention it.
    @Bob Oister – Thanks Bob!  I’m doing well.  How are you?  I’ve been so busy that I dropped off the planet for a while, but I’m trying to get back into things again.  I’m glad you’ve enjoyed this!  I’ve spent quite some time learning and tweaking Electri6ity to get it to sound this good.  Coming from a guitarist, I really appreciate that!
    @stillnotbanned – Thanks Robby!  This is probably my heaviest tune (although the tune I just finished and haven’t posted yet is a little heavier).  I’m glad you enjoyed it!  It’s all a part of my style… I love integrating my own take on metal with various synths and whatnot.
    @MetalTeK – Thanks man!  I appreciate the comments.  I like to do my own thing.  I’ve taken quite a bit of time over the years developing my own style.  I’m not influenced by KD, but I’d say that some of my influences would be Pantera, Metallica, and Rammstein.  No problem on the offer.  If you ever change your mind, just hit me up!
    @thepogue – Thanks Tom!  I usually do a longer intro but when I originally started writing the song, I was focusing on it being the theme song for my internet radio show that I co-host with my brother.  I decided that it fit the theme for my Surreal Nightmares album but wanted to keep it as-is.  This is the shortest song on the album so far.
    @No How – Thanks Rick!  I love progressive, keeps things interesting, and I do things my own style.  I love programming the drums.  I like my drums more complex, maybe sometimes a bit too complex. 

Luke Sarro
    --------------
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit on Windows 10 x64 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1