Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-)

Author
KeysRalph
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/10/25 22:54:05 (permalink)

Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-)

Hi...

I Don't Know if I am Posting in the Right Place...

For Christmas, My Brother Gave me a Gift Card, and, after and hour trying to decide which program to purchase, I Chose to Try Out Maybe my First Ever Cakewalk Program, Music Creator 5. This Was Bought in a Box and CD, in a Store.

I Installed it on my Vista Laptop, and Got a Registration code from Calkwalk, on the 27th December 2009, followed by another email saying Thanks for Registering.

I Was Unable to Use It until I got Home, a couple of weeks later, where i could connect to my equipment, but looked at it.

After a couple of months, I had to reformatt the Laptop, and I was Unable to Reinstall, as code did not work.

I spent ages trying to write the perfect letter, but then, it would not let me contact support, on the website, without the correct serial number.

I Do remember, when I threw away the Box, that I had removed some text, but can't remember if it was the Serial Number, or a Barcode Proof of Purchase, as I Did not think I needed It, and I have Seen It Recently, but not sure if it is the code or barcode. I was Stressed that I Could Not Contact Support Online, without a Serial number, and there was no warning, and after 30 minutes making a report, I pressed OK, and it failed, and I expected to be told I had used too many letters, but it was that I needed the Serial Number to contact help to get serial number.

I Just Bought a New Laptop with Windows 7 64bit Premium, and fast Drives, to replace my old one, and thought I would Try again, with Cakewalk, and Not Give up on Cakewalk Products just because of one bad experience. And I Still had the Same Problem in the Support not allowing contact on web, without serial number.

How Can I Get Help with This. Ihave the reg code Cakewalk Sent, and reg welcome.

I just Joined this Forum and saw the contact into for support, the email takes you to the same page where serial number is required, an telephone number. I called the number from the UK, but it was already closed.

Please Help me sort out my application ...

Much Appreciated....

Ralph....

PS. Sorry about Typos...Now 4am in the Morning. 

Pavillion dv6-2112sa, Turion II M50(2.3)1MBL2Cache, 320GBHD(7200), 4GDDR2RAM, Radeon 4200, Win7 64bitprem, eSATA, Reaper 3, KIS2010, Music Creator 5, Cubase LE, Saffire 6, Zoom HD16CD, Ensoniq SD1-32v, E-MU X-Board 61,

6 Replies Related Threads

jhughs
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1179
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/10/25 23:10:47 (permalink)
    When you registered the software you probably had to set up an account.  Go to Cakewalk.com, click on My Account on the top of the page.   Then click on Sign In at the top of the picture.  Use your email address and password.  From there you may have to click on My Account again, but eventually you'll get to a My Account list that includes My Registrations.  You can find your code there.

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
    KeysRalph
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/10/25 23:22:11 (permalink)
    Thanks, I Already Tried That....

It Said email address not correct....

:-)

Pavillion dv6-2112sa, Turion II M50(2.3)1MBL2Cache, 320GBHD(7200), 4GDDR2RAM, Radeon 4200, Win7 64bitprem, eSATA, Reaper 3, KIS2010, Music Creator 5, Cubase LE, Saffire 6, Zoom HD16CD, Ensoniq SD1-32v, E-MU X-Board 61,
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/10/25 23:26:15 (permalink)
    Right. All your registrations and serial numbers should be in your account.
    And since it's Tuesday now in the UK, you should be able to call and get any other help you need, I think it's 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time (US). But there is no phone support for Music Creator. Try Sales instead of Support.
    A note: MC is not 64-bit compatible, so you may have problems there, too.
    From the Cakewalk FAQ:
    "What Cakewalk programs can I install under a 64 bit Operating System?
    Any application that is specifically supported under Vista or Windows 7, has also been approved to function under Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64 (in 32-bit emulation mode). This means that if an application such as: Guitar Track Pro 4, Music Creator 5, or SONAR Home Studio 7 does not list 64-bit OS support on the packaging or system requirements, this is only referring to native 64-bit support. Unlike SONAR, the aforementioned programs contain only 32-bit versions of the program, whereas SONAR contains separate 32-bit and 64-bit applications on the disc.
    If you are running a 32 bit program under an x64 Operating System you should expect it to work just as well as running under a 32-bit OS; however, you will not see the same benifits as a SONAR x64 user, such as increased RAM utilization. 32-bit applications are still limited to accessing 2-3GB of RAM even in a 64-bit environment."

So setting MC to run in 32-bit emulation mode should work.
    You can try that by right-clicking the MC icon and the executable file in Windows explorer and selecting Properties>Compatibility>Run in compatibility mode for...
    Good luck. Oh, and write the numbers down somewhere.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/10/25 23:28:14 (permalink)
    KeysRalph

Thanks, I Already Tried That....

It Said email address not correct....

:-)

Oops. You entered that while I was typing.
    Is it a different email address from the address you registered with?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/10/26 07:40:36 (permalink)
    I think you can still email to the support people regardless and they will help you with access to your account. You can also try the moderators here... email them direct and they are helpful and or can get it to the right people to help you get access into your account.

Also...a little hint. When you register this time, print out the registration page with the numbers on it. I have an entire folder set up in my filing cabinet with the registration numbers and serial numbers and unlock codes of every single program and application that I own. If I have a question or a problem or need that info for some reason, I can easily obtain it.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:Lost/Misplaced? Serial Number Music Creator 5 - HELP :-) 2010/11/05 16:23:36 (permalink)
    KeysRalph,

Yeah you HAVE to remember the email address you used in order for them to be able to look it up for you.  If you definitely DID register, they may be able to find it by first and last name, but that takes longer because often there are folks with same name (whereas email addy's are unique).  It's incredibly important to keep this information because if you don't know- there is no way they can know --without your input.  I hope that you get it sorted. 

C/M
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1