Loving Z3TA2! Just one small problem...

Author
chimp_spanner
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2013/09/13 08:30:00 (permalink)

Loving Z3TA2! Just one small problem...

Hey everyone! First of all - not sure if anyone from Cakewalk browses these forums - but I'm grateful to the support team for resolving my authorization issues. So thanks to Seth and Jon for helping me out with that.

I'm absolutely loving this synth. I'm getting just about every sound I want from it. The only issue I appear to have is that when the GUI is open, I get some CPU spiking accompanied by small pops/clicks, perhaps once every 3 minutes or so. When I close the editor, it doesn't happen. So it's not a show stopper but just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this before I submit a support request/bug support.

I'm using the 64-bit DLL in Cubase 7.05 on Windows 8 64-bit, i7 3632QM, 8GB DDR3 with a Komplete Audio 6 interface.

2 Replies Related Threads

Living Room Rocker
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 675
    Re: Loving Z3TA2! Just one small problem... 2013/09/22 02:12:35 (permalink)
    Seems you may have to adjust your buffers to avoid the pops and clicks or perhaps change the real-time quality in Z3ta.  Don't know about the editor.  Is that in Cubase specifically?  I don't recall one in Z3ta.  Are you referring to the configuration file?
    Josh Langberg [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re: Loving Z3TA2! Just one small problem... 2013/10/01 13:18:58 (permalink)
    Hello,
    This issue could be resolved by increasing your buffer size to 512 or above. That number usually works for managing the CPU for your project and softsynths. As a general rule, I record at 128, and mix at 512 or above depending on how many plugins I have in a session.
    Another possible fix is adjusting your "Real-Time Quality" settings in Z3TA+2's options menu.
    The patch may have a higher oversampling setting. Lowering it during playback will hardly be audible, you can always set the offline quality higher so when you bounce it will be at the highest quality.
    Also, check the Z3TA+2 User Guide, and look at the "Precision" section. You can also adjust your Precision, or Interpolation quality. The "Medium" setting in the Z3TA+2 options menu is standard, but depending on your project you can go lower or higher when you bounce. Its worth reading about in the manual.
    PM me if you need any additional assistance, but I'm guessing one of these three options will fix your pop and glitch issue. 

Thanks for your continued support!

-Josh Langberg
    PM/QA Lead Engineer, DSP Team
    Cakewalk, Boston

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1