M Audio Project Mix - worth getting for Splat on win 10?

Author
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
2017/07/08 00:32:36 (permalink)

M Audio Project Mix - worth getting for Splat on win 10?

I have my eye on a M Audio Project Mix on ebay at the mo. Just wondering if it will be any good for Splat on win 10? I know it's quite an old bit of gear. Been looking for a review on Youtube, but it seems to predate Youtube reviews  Can anyone who has one tell me what it can do for me in Sonar apart from the obvious? I currently have an Alphatrack, but it's operation is a bit temperamental for me - sometimes I just click a button and it works. Other times I have to press a button twice for it to work. Other than that I love the fact that it has a scribble strip so I can see what track I am on and the programmable function buttons are useful. I don't seem to be able to find much info on the M Audio Project Mix other than it has 8 motorised faders plus a master fader and some buttons, a display and a jog wheel and is HUI compliant - so should work ok with Splat?

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.

2 Replies Related Threads

35mm
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1105
    Re: M Audio Project Mix - worth getting for Splat on win 10? 2017/07/08 00:35:58 (permalink)
    Oh and it's an 8 in audio interface too. I'm happy with my Pro 40, but what are the pre amps and AD/DAs like on this?

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: M Audio Project Mix - worth getting for Splat on win 10? 2017/07/08 12:16:16 (permalink)
    I haven't used a project mix myself, I use a Mackie MCU that uses Mackie control.
    I have one and it works flawlessly. The project mix is pretty old so im not sure you will get drivers for the hardware section (pre amps, exc) I could be wrong on that but unless you use a generic driver.
    The midi part of it, not sure really. I haven't used one. But I do know Mackie control are in the same price range.
    I bought mine used on Craigslist for 175.00 USA dollars.
    And oh my G has it made my life easier. The Mackie protocol that comes with Sonar is built for it, so you wont have any problems at all.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1