2008/11/16 18:46:24
RobertB
Regardless of the season mine taste like boiled socks

Copy that. Socks that have been in the bottom of the gym bag for a week
Vile, nasty little things.

Alan, just keep working those synths. Learn how they breathe. It's all in getting familiar with them.
2008/11/17 04:14:24
ascottdesign

ORIGINAL: RobertB

[
Alan, just keep working those synths

I haven't given up on the guitar totally Bob. If I'm a good lad Santa might bring an acoustic for me to play with.
With a slider and a mouth organ..could be interesting...
2008/11/17 18:05:33
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: RobertB

Regardless of the season mine taste like boiled socks

Copy that. Socks that have been in the bottom of the gym bag for a week
Vile, nasty little things.

Cook 'em properly
2008/11/17 18:20:10
FingerBone Bill
I like sprouts ....

From what I understand about standard "English" culinary practice the idea is to boil veggies until they become a grey paste? Maybe that's the problem? They should have a bit of "bite" to 'em.

I also like parsnip ....
2008/11/17 18:48:37
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: FingerBone Bill

I like sprouts ....

From what I understand about standard "English" culinary practice the idea is to boil veggies until they become a grey paste? Maybe that's the problem? They should have a bit of "bite" to 'em.

I also like parsnip ....

Bill, you are correct - but, thankfully, there are some of us enlightened individuals who are hopefully doing our best to dispel this impression.

I continue to boil 'appropriately' (fresh sprouts, runner beans, peas, carrots and new potatoes) but steam 'out of season' frozen and suitable fresh (brocolli and cauliflower) veggies.

And what's better than a perfectly roasted parsnip - perfick!!

As for bass guitars - gas regulo 3 with a shredded plectrum marinade - can't be beat, unlike a raw egg
2008/11/17 18:55:15
FingerBone Bill
Put that boiled water away Steve - the steamer will do a better job on all of those veggies (well - except the spuds maybe)

Nice to hear you're not eating out of tins. Didn't know you poms got "fresh" produce?

Bass - hopefully I'll get it smokin'
2008/11/17 19:09:13
SteveStrummerUK

Yeah, you're right Bill - I still need to do some more steaming

As to the fresh stuff, I guess I'm lucky Bill - living right on the edge of the city I can see the fields my runner beans are grown in from my back-bedroom window and the shop that sells 'em is just a five minute walk away.

Thing is mate, I know I'm fortunate but I realise not everyone is in this position - apart from ending up on my plate the day they're picked, I know a lot of the stuff I can see growing is destined to enter the foodchain in various ways and is probably destined to end up on someone's plate days or even months in the future.

2008/11/17 19:12:50
FingerBone Bill
Some "expert" over here said we should all stay away from the inner part of the supermarket - the closer you get to the centre of the supermarket the more preservatives etc. there are in the food.
2008/11/17 19:24:00
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: FingerBone Bill

Some "expert" over here said we should all stay away from the inner part of the supermarket - the closer you get to the centre of the supermarket the more preservatives etc. there are in the food.

I can understand that Bill.

A good mate of mine who used to work for me ages ago had previously been an assistant manager for a well known UK supermarket chain.

Part of his brief was to allocate aisle space in such a way that essential items and staples were placed as far apart as possible - this configuration was also planned so that luxury impulse-buy items were placed adjacent to these staples and, if possible, the essentials were physically situated in the shop to ensure that customers were forced to use as many aisles as possible to add each to their basket.

I recall his four 'staples' were potatoes, bread, milk and eggs - I guess not a lot has changed!
2008/11/17 19:41:42
FingerBone Bill

ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

I recall his four 'staples' were potatoes, bread, milk and eggs - I guess not a lot has changed!

I thought the Four Staples were a motown band? boom boom

No, really, aren't they Beer, Pizza, KFC and Kebabs?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account