2008/11/11 18:35:42
ascottdesign
I understood and agree with the bollocks bit, but can't quite get my head around the rest of it. (Too technical for me) Anyway I'm sure you're dead right, so take note Pete
2008/11/11 18:39:36
ascottdesign

ORIGINAL: mgh

hey Pete

A new soundcard (or line6 toneport) will just reroute the signal away from GT3 and only avoid the issue. It does not fix the issue. It has been noted as a suggestion so please do not rant and rave about this.

huh, this is bollox. the soundcard/driver merely takes an analogue signal, converts it to 0s and 1s, feeds that audio stream to the software host (GT3 in your case), and takes the audio stream out of GT3 and converts it back to electrical pulses. Whatever soundcard you use, this is what it does. now, some cards can offer you mixing options which takes the A/D part out of the round-trip equation and merely splits the input straight to the output to meet the D/A stream from the software - and halve the latency. or some of us use mixers to get hardware near-zero monitoring. whatever. the point is - efficient semi-pro or pro cards and drivers are the answer.

2008/11/11 18:40:39
ascottdesign
I'm having soddin website issues, who cares about latency
2008/11/11 18:45:43
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: ascottdesign

I understood and agree with the bollocks bit, but can't quite get my head around the rest of it. (Too technical for me) Anyway I'm sure you're dead right, so take note Pete

Thing is Alan, you will get your head round it.

Unlike the lovable bell-end who can't see past the end of his own latency.
2008/11/11 18:54:49
ascottdesign
Hey come on now Strummy, you're not suggesting that he's blind as well are you LOL
2008/11/11 18:55:13
SteveStrummerUK

I'm having soddin website issues

Kick something, that always makes me feel better
2008/11/11 18:56:41
ascottdesign
If you're gonna be like that can you assist with a little latency problem that has just arisen. I'm joining Pete on this one hehe.
2008/11/11 18:58:29
ascottdesign
Done it Steve, I've kicked something.....Do you feel better?
2008/11/11 18:59:00
SteveStrummerUK

If you're gonna be like that can you assist with a little latency problem that has just arisen. I'm joining Pete on this one hehe.

You could always join the PistolPete fan club Alan.

Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month, 7.30pm sharp in the phone box outside the Lea & Perrins factory!

Bring your own chair.
2008/11/11 19:00:53
ascottdesign
Sorry don't fancy being the first to join...I'm shy!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account