• Songs
  • Alt Rock...Indie Rock...Rock Rock? (p.5)
2009/03/03 11:40:48
RLD

ORIGINAL: Taylor_514C

Great song, and that intro (and at the break before the solo, and at the end) was a really cool section. Excellent vox as well.

Thanks Doug.
2009/03/03 11:50:22
Tap
RLD ...

Starts out like a Santana tune .... Almost sounds like a late 60's TV show theme. I think you nailed this one well!!!!! Great playing, Great feel to it.

Yeah, really digging this one. Nice use of Dynamics ( Take it down ... bring it back up again) ... Very commendable ... ( This is so often overlooked on so many songs here )

- TAP -
2009/03/03 11:50:56
RLD

ORIGINAL: darylcrowley

It sounds very "contemporary". I also would have a hard time defining some of the geres today.

Aside from that, this sounds really cool. Nice mix and I like the tones, the chord structure, snappy, powerful, great vocals, I like the chorus and break. Damn fine stuff Roger, I would study under you in heartbeat. Very impressive.

Daryl

Ha ha...
I appreciate your comments Daryl.

Fantastic work, Roger! No crits - this sounds great to my ears! good clean mix, love the fx on the vocals, but glad you didn't do that all through the song. guitar playing is excellent. great work!

Thanks Reese!

Great tune, great performance. Is it on the radio? To me it's a no 1 hit!

Hey man...small world.
Thanks!

Hi, Roger, this is a great song. Very well thought out and nicely performed with a nice smooth ‘Indie’ style mix. I really like the vocals and the harmonies are outstanding. I have to agree with James and Shad, I’m definitely picking up the Franz Ferdinand vibe.

Nice job, sounds radio ready to me!
Bob

Thanks Bob!

Dam Man!

I'm taking my ball and going home! You guys are ALL so freakin' good!!!!

How did I wind up on this site anyway?....lol

I'm truly humbled. That's GREAT stuff bro!!!!

Don't leave!...we can always use more players ...thanks Mike!

Great song!

Kind of reminded me of B.O.C, but only in some wierd way. Not really sure why and I don't even really listen to them. I don't like doing that "sounds like thing" but for what ever reason it did.

It had many catchy elements like the verse groove, chorus vocals and straight foward simple short bridge and solo to break up the song nicely. Nice job! I enjoyed it.

Hey Todd,
If B.O.C. means Blue Oyster Cult, that is indeed a weird one...haven't listened to them much, so maybe you're right.
Thanks bud!
2009/03/03 13:39:03
Tom Riggs
Good work. I like the song and the mix works well her at the office on my cheesey speakers. I'm sure ti will translate well to other systms.

I like the feel of this and the mood is dramatic. Its like rock and roll with a bit of Tango feeling. Very punchy..

Good luck on the placement
2009/03/03 22:12:31
fep
I haven't been hanging around here but stopped by tonight and saw you had a song on page one, being a fan of yours I had to give it a lesson.

Love it, the vocals are so stylistic and sound great. For a movie, I can definately hear it. Congrats.
2009/03/04 10:20:14
RLD

ORIGINAL: mstodge

When i read you were forwarded for a movie, i instantly thought Howard Shore has been sacked, and you will be doing "The Hobbit" To be hones, your talent wouldn't be out of place on the big screen.
Good luck with the forward.

I enjoyed this song very much. I agree with James Re: sounding like Franz ferdinand's stuff, and i'm sure they would bite your hand off if you offered this to them, as it has #1 written all over it.

Regards
Mark.

...Thanks Mark

Good driving music. I felt everything gelled great.

Regards,
Lance

Thanks Lance!

This is a 'show-stealer' Roger! Great musicianship/mix man! Very , very 'pro' is about the best I can say here.

You da man Larry!...Thanks bud!
2009/03/04 16:35:15
Tap
So far I really like the intro ..... Yeah, this rocks!!! .... Bass, Guitars and Drums all blend together very nicely. Nice guitar soloing ... catchy little ditties !! Vocals are really well done as well. There's going to be a nice bridge comming up soon ... Yup There it is ... Maybe a good guitar solo?
Yup ... There it is ..... O.K. Were coming to the home stretch ...

Very Nice and Well Done.... Good Mix as well!!!!

- Kudos -

TAP
2009/03/04 20:55:42
Venus
This was pretty bad ass. Truthfully, this song is probably my new favorite from you. I've listened to most (if not all) a while ago. I don't remember this one. There seems to be more of you and less strategy on this song.
2009/03/05 08:17:56
tyacko
I must say "SWEET"!!! I like it. Very cool rock groove. Interesting throughout. Your vocal reminds me of a band called Fastball which is a group I like quite a bit.

Thanks for sharing,
Tom
2009/03/05 11:38:44
RLD

ORIGINAL: rockyrose

Very, very cool tune, I agree that this sounds very pro. Ive always loved that fat bass sound that you have, very meaty yet clear and sitting just right, kudos to you. I remember when I first came upon this site mabey a year ago or so and you had posted your song caught in a trap and I was just like holy ***t, this dude is using cakewalk and it sounds frick'n professional. Thanks for giving me something to shoot for and for all the great music, I am definately a fan.
Richard

Hey Richard,
Thanks for those nice comments...makes me feel good that you enjoy some of my tunes.
Looking forward to hearing some of yours.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account